• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Here's my take, and I've only seen part way through the Pain arc. I don't know anything past that.

There are some characters I don't recognize. They are probably villains I guess, I dunno. Naruto seems to eventually gain an ability to 'wield' his nine-tails cloak or whatever. This is totally expected. I think I saw Tsunade in a fight. She does something??? (or was it just a free play mode)

That's about it.

Yeah it's not much out of context unless you really hate seeing what power ups and characters look like (which is nearly impossible to avoid unless you're fully caught up).

Crocodile

This would have been kind of hardcore (though also fucked up) if this "stitching Junketsu onto Ryuko" actually had any consequences and she ripped her won skin off.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 62 - Piccolo's Assault! Android 20 and the Twisted Future!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 63 - The Hunt for Doctor Gero! Discover the Hidden Laboratory!
12:30 - Dimension W - 5 - The Possibilities of the Dead
1:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 22 - Repose and Awakening
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 13 - Misguided Miscreants (Part 1)
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 105 - The Battle Over the Barrier
2:30 - One Piece - 339 - One Unnatural Phenomenon After the Next! Disembarking on Thriller Bark!
3:00 - KILL la KILL - 22 - Tell Me How You Feel

Later.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69jA4Hw4NdSD0ut

LATER.

After giving it some thought, I think I might cancel my cable subscription and stick with PlayStation Vue. I'll see how it keeps up for the next few weeks before making my final decision.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Gooood morning everyone. Last had a major "spooky" theme going. And it's only March.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
A rare moment where Piccolo gets to be awesome. Wiping the floor with Android 20's mechanical ass. Trunks comes back too and realizes the timeline has been fucked.
Also a twist! 17 & 18 exist!

Dimension W:
Ghosts! Or spirits or Coils or dimensional beings.... what even happened?
I'm more concerned with the story than the Mira nudity.

Parasyte:
Surprise! The mayor was never a parasite! Scary how this was written in the 90's but could be applied today...
Gotou continues to wreck shit.
Also sex scene out of nowhere for Shinichi & Murano. At least they actually did it and not beat around the bush like a lot of anime do.
Three episodes left.

Samurai Champloo:
A recap episode, but it was an entertaining one. Mugen & Jin's running commentary made it fun.

Naruto Shippuden:
Oh hai Tobi. Your personality is weird knowing what you really are.

One Piece:
Info dump for Brook. His power, some of his past, and a recent development where he lost his shadow. Man, Ian Sinclair was just perfect casting.
The Straw Hats also enter the location for the next 40 episodes or so. Thriller Bark!

The only shows where recap episodes feel justified is mystery shows since its a good chance to refresh the audience on all the clues and perhaps let fans see old events in a different light.

Seda

If I did the math right, Naruto Shippuden will exit filler, go through that
_Sasuke-focused__
Arc, which includes
Kakashi
's and
Jiraiya
's* backstories, and re-enter another filler arc four episodes before Thriller Bark ends. That arc is 'only' 8 episodes though.

*This is considered "canon-filler" apparently?

The Cell Saga ends a few weeks before those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom