• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If I did the math right, Naruto Shippuden will exit filler, go through that
_Sasuke-focused__
Arc, which includes
Kakashi
's and
Jiraiya
's* backstories, and re-enter another filler arc four episodes before Thriller Bark ends. That arc is 'only' 8 episodes though.

*This is considered "canon-filler" apparently?

The Cell Saga ends a few weeks before those things

Now this makes me wonder if DBZ Kai will go off the air, or we'll get the premiere of the English dub for Kai Buu Saga.

Grexeno

Without accounting for breaks, Thriller Bark would end on December 31, 2016 (or technically on January 1, 2017).

Of course, there will likely be multiple marathons which will push the actual ending into January/February.

Which would mean One Piece would unquestionably have Best Show of the Year 2017 on lockdown, with the final few episodes of Thriller Bark and all of Saboady airing that year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was actually about to ask how long this arc was, just to set my expectations for event pacing. Thanks.

Then two episodes of filler, then a pretty short arc, then two more episodes of filler, then they start a long arc that has a movie promotional filler arc in the middle of it along with some cover stories turned into episodes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like to think of it is as the universe realizing that The Buu arc wasn't worth a toss.

FUN FACT: We learned of the existence of the Buu Arc getting Kai'd because of an interview a few years back with the voice actors saying they were recording it. The reason they gave they were recording it? For the international release!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
FUN FACT: We learned of the existence of the Buu Arc getting Kai'd because of an interview a few years back with the voice actors saying they were recording it. The reason they gave they were recording it? For the international release!

I am aware of this and yet it has still be sitting on the shelf for how long now? Yea, yea, waiting for the Toonami run and all that but it still could have aired kidside first.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
cuhjt5e.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The real megaton from that link is NICHIJOU IS FINALLY RELEASED IN THE US!!!

okay, the MANGA, but maybe the anime will be rescued....someday....maybe.......possibly...........hopefully

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Toei is leaving so much money on the table by not having super be simulcast in both english and japanese (like Dandy).

Grexeno

Hey let's see what's going on over at ToonamiFaithful:

Thanks to the well-produced dubs of Akame ga Kill and Parasyte, the stigma of Sentai Filmworks producing inferior dubs (compared to other companies) seems to be disappearing.

lZrxU6x.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I....had to stop listening to Toonami Faithful a month or so ago, around the time Akame ga Kill had about a month left of episode.

It's a shame, because from certain episodes of podcasts that I heard, I don't WANT to dislike them, but then other times, you get "lol this akame episode was awesome cuz of Mine's booty" or "esdeath is my waifu".

At least the Episode Rundown is MUCH more interesting.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SWORD ART ONLINE - EPISODE ONE: The World of Swords

The first spoken line by a character is from Suguha! Lisbeth and Silica both make cameos in this episode. So hey, the guy who created this game has a god complex and tells us we can't escape and two hundred people were just murdered by their friends and family trying to save them...so why not check out this cool mirror he put in our inventory?

Klein is also very interested in Kirito and the idea that he has a sister. Kirito tells her she hates gamers and is very sporty, well, one of those is true I suppose. Klein and Kirito also both freak out over their appearances changing from the mirror...when they both basically look the damn same.

3oPyGCE.gif

g3FawBC.gif

Without accounting for breaks, Thriller Bark would end on December 31, 2016 (or technically on January 1, 2017).

Of course, there will likely be multiple marathons which will push the actual ending into January/February.

Which would mean One Piece would unquestionably have Best Show of the Year 2017 on lockdown, with the final few episodes of Thriller Bark and all of Saboady airing that year.

Yep. Don't really care much for the next two places after that (
especially Impel Down which drags on for way too long
) but Saoboady is great.

Mizerman

Yeah, I....had to stop listening to Toonami Faithful a month or so ago, around the time Akame ga Kill had about a month left of episode.

It's a shame, because from certain episodes of podcasts that I heard, I don't WANT to dislike them, but then other times, you get "lol this akame episode was awesome cuz of Mine's booty" or "esdeath is my waifu".

At least the Episode Rundown is MUCH more interesting.

Oh, that'll never end.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The arc after Thriller Bark is short though, and the arc after that is even shorter. Really good stuff though.

The arc after TB might be the height of the anime, and its even better in its dubbed form. The VA choices are great.

Also that first SAO gif looks like everyone was alchemized to make a philosopher's stone.

At no point in time has Toei ever done anything worthy of me giving them the benefit of the doubt. Why would I or anyone else start now?

You think the company that does Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Astro Boy, PreCure and on and on and on (seriously just look at their Wikipedia page) doesn't know what they are doing? Say what you will about the quality of their works that are popular in the West but they don't have bad business sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom