• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Having Mira's antennae act like 'ears' kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Why treat this character as a human being when you can treat them like a pet?

Line_HTX

WVW69i9z8J4g2dQh3p

WVW69i91HEQA4vTPFE

LATER

Kyoma's expression really doesn't give a shit, lol.

Yes, flamethrower Migi success! That was a great moment, haha

Twin blonde robots turning into some messed up tree. Pretty harrowing.

Pretty sure Shoryu can make F.A.N.G. bleed.

Line_HTX

Having Mira's antennae act like 'ears' kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Why treat this character as a human being when you can treat them like a pet?

For some reason, this questioning reminded me of a group of characters in Concrete Revolutio, where you can almost ask the same thing.

Man, I want that to be dubbed. That one would definitely fit on the Toonami block.

To answer your question, I think that Kyoma's not really interested in headpatting like a pet though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oops, forgot to write up my thoughts.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Goku you moron! Always take your medicine even if you don't experience the symptoms! At least next week will be awesome.

Dimension W:
A lot better than last week. I'm liking Loser (I know they explained why he's called that, but I kind of missed it), and that ending was freaky as hell. I hope there's more like that scene.

Parasyte:
POLITICS! Slow start to the final arc.

Samurai Champloo:
Ki blasts? In my Watanabe anime? It's more likely than you think. Abrupt ending to the episode (hopefully resolved next week)

Naruto Shippuden:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *snorts* Huh? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

One Piece:
Chopper Man is the hero we deserve! I'm sad that there's no more Chopper Man episodes after this... why did you stop Toei?

Pretty much conqued out during a lot of Toonami hahah. Guess I really needed a nap. I woke up and King of the Hill was on. Ill catch up later this week.

Seda

Nothing was ever stated that the heart-virus medicine was a vaccine. If Goku took it years ago, it might have been as pointless as you taking medicine now to prevent a cold in three years. Okay, maybe he should have had the pills on him at all times, but that would have literally made zero difference here.

Perhaps Trunks could have over-explained this when he brought up it, saying specifically to take the cure when symptoms arrive, but I don't think that's necessary and I really don't think I'm stretching here.

This is a result of coincidence, not negligence.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm pretty sure Trunks told Goku to start taking the medicine when the symptoms started showing.

It wasn't a vaccine.

I think just having a scene where Trunks says "Take the medicine when you start seeing the symptoms" would've gone a long way. I mean, I guess you could make the inference that he shouldn't take the medicine until the virus actually shows up.

Edit: Unless he did already that say and I just zoned out.

Line_HTX

Y'know... I never noticed it the first time because I was typing on my phone while listening to the dialogue, but I now see Ragyo's fingers and I don't remember if it was edited out in the original Toonami run or not...

Like seriously, such bad touch.... >_>

Mizerman

Y'know... I never noticed it the first time because I was typing on my phone while listening to the dialogue, but I now see Ragyo's fingers and I don't remember if it was edited out in the original Toonami run or not...

Like seriously, such bad touch.... >_>

I think most of that "bonding" between them were edited when KLK first came on.

Mother Bad Touch, indeed.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
A licensing issue is the reason Dimension W's opening is the way it is

I honestly expected some issue, but that's an interesting one. Licensors can say no to cuts? :eek:

Honestly, it makes sense. One of the reasons Japanese licensors allow their music to be included in the overseas rights for anime is for the exposure that it can bring the artists internationally. If the company you're licensing it to is just going to make a shitty hack job of it that sounds terrible, that completely defeats the purpose of allowing it to broadcast overseas in the first place.

If anything, I'm surprised that stipulation isn't in more licensing agreements.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Direct Quote from the DBZ Kai Dub: When the symptoms appear, use this vial.

The hard training for the fight is what butterfly effects the virus to three years later instead of "not long from the present" as Trunks claims.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yeah I'm only doing 16 credit hours with two of those being annoyingly hard classes and toonami is my only free time on Saturdays.
I can't imagine people doing a part time job on top of this and daring to do scheduled things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom