• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samurai Champloo is definitely a highlight of the lineup, but I don't enjoy it as much as other folks. That's probably why I dropped it back when it originally aired over a decade ago. I'm sticking around this time, though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not watching chopperman :V

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

So I just saw someone say they don't want Gumshoe to be in the next Phoenix Wright game, because "fuck Gumshoe."

...Seda, let's be real, that should ban worthy right there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i don't know anything about ace attorney

gTH5pN5.gif

Ace Attorney anime looks very faithful to the games. Limited animation, reusing spritework, and boring backgrounds! Wowie!

Capcom can't even fund their own games or release them complete and they somehow fucked up Megaman emulation on the PS4 so this isn't surprising. Should've gotten Shaft to do it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ace Attorney anime looks very faithful to the games. Limited animation, reusing spritework, and boring backgrounds! Wowie!

Capcom can't even fund their own games or release them complete and they somehow fucked up Megaman emulation on the PS4 so this isn't surprising

That poster with the Godot avatar better not hear you talk smack about Ace Attorney.

Raxus

I am looking forward to the anime but I feel bad for people whose only exposure to the series will be the anime since a ton of the humor comes from Nick's inner thoughts and a ton of the twists from the game will be spoiled.

That and they have to live up to live up to the tall order of remixing its godly soundtrack.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pathfinder is the ultimate example of what happens when you're too kind to your fans vis a vis open licenses and you literally create your own competition.

Jarate

Banned
I always wanted to try this out, but I don't know enough people that would be into it. Kinda sad you couldn't get that OP RPG thing off the ground, it seemed pretty hype.
One Piece RPG is indeed pretty hype.

Pathfinder is the ultimate example of what happens when you're too kind to your fans vis a vis open licenses and you literally create your own competition.

I think its done well enough all things considered, especially because its basically a clone of 3.5

I'm not the biggest fan of playing 3.5 so Pathfinder is a really nice option in that regard.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I keep expecting one of the characters to go all "DON'T YOU GO THERE, GHOSTFRIEND. *snap snap*"

Yeah, I wasn't too big on the trailer, & I'm just "meh" on the whole thing. I'm more fearful they'll just go with the different stereotypes for each characters, & based on the trailer, the comedic tone doesn't seem to match what the original was going for.

Also, is this a reboot or sequel, because the trailer made it seem like a sequel acknowledging the fact the original happened (despite saying "4 scientists" when Winston wasn't one).

Raxus

I seriously hope that the movie turns out pretty good. Right now, the trailer isn't giving me a lot of confidence.

Like most comedy trailers. The worse they are the better they tend to be. I think Feig's comedies were all like this (Bridesmaids and Spy).

I am not going to write it off until reviews come rolling in.

Spy's trailers were real bad and that movie was pretty good, so I'm not too worried.

I fully admit that it's a bad trailer, but I feel like a lot of people are upset that it's different more than anything else, which I guess I understand to a degree but I'm totally open to a new interpretation if it's still pretty good. I think a lot of the hate for the trailer would dry up if it was positioned as a spin-off of some sort.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe they should take a lesson from Toonami in making good trailers to encourage people to watch the product they're advertising.

Grexeno

We should probably have an actual Thriller Bark-related OT title.

Toonami |Mar16| YOHOHOHOHO and a bottle o' Binks' Brew

Feels like it's been forever since I watched the next One Piece arc even though it's only been a few months. Don't remember a ton about it except for one scene that happens in a bit over a month I think.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm going to take a moment to hype a different TOONAMI show for next week, though you'd be a fool to miss One Piece.

Samurai Champloo will have a callback to the earliest days of nu-TOONAMI.

SOLD YOUR WIFE.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh man the memories.

Along with For The Kids, Cashew and Bad Luck Brian.

The difference is, this time,
the wife was actually sold. In Samurai 7 she was actually kidnapped more or less under threat of destroying the village. This time, she's sold to a brothel to repay her husband's debts. Also not quite Edo era Pokémon battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom