• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
fC6ISNG.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Been tired today, despite it finally warming up to the 50s to 60s, but it's also been rainy & kind of windy to make it so you still feel tired.

Doesn't help due to the sun coming up earlier, my body wants to wake up around noon or 1 p.m., which means I can only get about 6-ish hours of sleep despite wanting to sleep until 2 or 3 p.m.

bigkrev

It's 70 degrees here this week. I went to the beach yesterday, would have gone back today if I didn't have a Job interview this morning, and might go back tomorrow

So Fallout 4's main storyline has a lot of issues, but I feel like one of the factions was included at the last minute, and then their plot was never finished.

Also how is the Railroad a threat to anyone? They're a bunch of nerds hanging out in a basement. The Institute has a synth army. The Brotherhood has Liberty Prime, because goddammit Bethesda.

And the Railroad has a computer that can compute stuff good?

Raxus

So Fallout 4's main storyline has a lot of issues, but I feel like one of the factions was included at the last minute, and then their plot was never finished.

Also how is the Railroad a threat to anyone? They're a bunch of nerds hanging out in a basement. The Institute has a synth army. The Brotherhood has Liberty Prime, because goddammit Bethesda.

And the Railroad has a computer that can compute stuff good?

Well
most factions are fuck syths right? Minute men are worse though. There is nothing you can do to fuck up the minute men faction. They are the true nerds of the fallout world. Nobody want to hang out with them and they basically let anyone in.

Jarate

Banned
I wish I could function on 4-5 hours of sleep

im pretty useless unless I get like 10 hours, although, maybe this sleep study will help out

Raxus

I work night shift so I just sleep when I can even if it means breaking my sleep cycle in 2 4 hour shifts. It isn't that bad.

Seda

As a graduate student with no classes and very few scheduled events, my job is essentially to 'get stuff done'. I have no daily routine or timetable. I also live alone and my advisor is away on sabbatical so I don't have to really consider anybody else's schedule either. I work late some days (I was organizing the lab around 11pm on Monday) i sometimes go in early morning on others. Tomorrow I'm meeting someone at 8AM.

The result is a totally messed up internal clock. Luckily if I feel like sleeping in, nobody notices or cares. Last night I slept from about 4am to noon.

Seda

if you dont mind telling me, what are you focusing on in graduate studies?

The degree is 'Materials Science and Engineering'. The topic would be surface analysis of catalysts for use in low temperature fuel cells via spectroscopic and electrochemical techniques.

Raxus

The degree is 'Materials Science and Engineering'. The topic would be surface analysis of catalysts for use in low temperature fuel cells via spectroscopic and electrochemical techniques.

latest

Science bros. Are you pursuing a masters in engineering to teach or what?

TUSR

Banned

thats exactly what ive been considering

one of my profs offered me a position (undergrad) this summer for fuel cell membranes

Seda

latest

Science bros. Are you pursuing a masters in engineering to teach or what?

PhD for research or industry. Teaching is still a possibility though, although I'd probably prefer a local area college over a big institution.

thats exactly what ive been considering

one of my profs offered me a position (undergrad) this summer for fuel cell membranes

I don't know much about specific membrane research (as I work with anode/cathode catalysts specifically) but I know there's quite a bit of work dedicated to membranes. A colleague is working on reversely polarized membranes which is supposedly only a tiny subset of ideas in that area.

Crocodile

cosmicblizzard gets banned once every four months. its not a perm

Not sure what happened this time but overall he likes to play with fire in those "oh Japan" type threads. I think that's been the source of most of his bans. It doesn't seem to apply here but as a general rule of thumb dude should probably play it safer :p

Wasn't even a good ass. Kubo fails at everything.

I liked it :(

Why are shows suddenly so much more self aware during their comedy sketches?

Its how the anime staff stay sane

I have no idea what this is. Also there is someone in PoliGaf with your EXACT same avatar. It really throws me off.

As a graduate student with no classes and very few scheduled events, my job is essentially to 'get stuff done'. I have no daily routine or timetable. I also live alone and my advisor is away on sabbatical so I don't have to really consider anybody else's schedule either. I work late some days (I was organizing the lab around 11pm on Monday) i sometimes go in early morning on others. Tomorrow I'm meeting someone at 8AM.

The result is a totally messed up internal clock. Luckily if I feel like sleeping in, nobody notices or cares. Last night I slept from about 4am to noon.

This describes my life strongly

TUSR

Banned
I don't know much about specific membrane research (as I work with anode/cathode catalysts specifically) but I know there's quite a bit of work dedicated to membranes. A colleague is working on reversely polarized membranes which is supposedly only a tiny subset of ideas in that area.

I listened to a Chinese transfer student working on his PhD on the matter for a couple hours in the lab. He specifically moved here to use one piece of lab equipment we have.

I can't even recall which specific part of the membrane he was working on.

My University is fairly "new" so we have a lot of new pieces of equipment.

The other day I got to use our new 5-axis, 30 tool, mill.

I tend to get 4-5 hours of sleep and operate on too much caffeine as well as a nap when I get home. I probably need to fix this at some point but I'm a senior in college so I figure it's too late to quit now.

ckohler

Well
most factions are fuck syths right? Minute men are worse though. There is nothing you can do to fuck up the minute men faction. They are the true nerds of the fallout world. Nobody want to hang out with them and they basically let anyone in.

I'd like them more if it wasn't for Preston's never-ending Radiant quests:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1yj4N1fNx0

I got so tired of this I sent him to Sanctuary and never went back.

Soulflarz

Banned
That's weird. Someone on GAF made it for me.

I hate when people steal avatars.

I've seen mine before and called someone out, they said they took the same screengrab in game.

Yeah, okay, except mine's heavily discolored and not at a proper angle IIRC, since I took it with a phone camera at a screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom