• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a new avatar too. FE Fates came and went. But I've no idea what to change it to. Hrm.

Another Fates avatar perhaps?

Speaking of Avatar's, I've been thinking of changing my avatar up but I can't find an avatar I really like. Doesn't help that the one I got is pretty damn good IMO.

Regiruler

It did indeed kill the good Naruto fighting games on the GCN.

There were more of them on Wii than the gamecube. I never actually played the gamecube ones (I started with the first revolution, which was the third game).

EDIT: In the west, anyway. In japan, there was 4 on each system, with the last one going decently deep for its character pool (ends with Pain arc I think?).

Regiruler

Speaking of forgotten fighting games, I just realized our local edgelord Sausuke voices Castlevania Judgement's portrayal--and Sephiroth lookalike--of Alucard.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There were more of them on Wii than the gamecube. I never actually played the gamecube ones (I started with the first revolution, which was the third game).

EDIT: In the west, anyway. In japan, there was 4 on each system, with the last one going decently deep for its character pool (ends with Pain arc I think?).

There are four GCN games. The first two were localized and are among the last of the good GCN 3rd party games, though the 3rd and 4th games came out much earlier in Japan and are much, much better. I imported 4 and a friend imported 3. It was done this way to match the current state of the anime's localization.

The last two Wii ones are good, the first two are not.

my favorite clash of ninja was the one that introduced game original characters

UkcT7Ir.jpg
3jEDAoX.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Naruto Clash of Revolution 2 Wii.

It's a weird ass game. It's a weirdly hybridized version of the second Shippuden game for Wii but made to match a pre Shippuden anime.

Naruto Clash of Revolution 2 Wii.

It's a weird ass game. It's a weirdly hybridized version of the second Shippuden game for Wii but made to match a pre Shippuden anime.

I fondly remember the days when the publishers would go through that effort to match the games up to where the dub was on Toonami at the time.

We even got the non-Japanese developed 360 games made by Ubisoft.

Then they just started releasing the games as is, and now Naruto and DBZ are the only franchises big enough to even get the games dubbed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I fondly remember the days when the publishers would go through that effort to match the games up to where the dub was on Toonami at the time.

We even got the non-Japanese developed 360 games made by Ubisoft.

Then they just started releasing the games as is, and now Naruto and DBZ are the only franchises big enough to even get the games dubbed.

This is the one case where we would have been much, much better off if they hadn't reversioned the games to match the dub. Clash of Ninja 1/2 are crap compared to 3 and 4. 4 is often regarded as the second best fighting game on the GCN and some people prefer it to Smash Bros. Melee. The Wii games that came after just plain aren't as good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A lot of free time indeed.

It's a very good show to watch while playing vidja games. Don't have to pay attention most of the time.

It's basically the happy, friendly, better written, more emotional, better dubbed version of Akame Ga Kill that has like 300 episodes and no one dies/stays dead.

Mizerman

It's a very good show to watch while playing vidja games. Don't have to pay attention most of the time.

It's basically the happy, friendly, better written, more emotional, better dubbed version of Akame Ga Kill that has like 300 episodes and no one dies/stays dead.

Heh.

Who's your favorite character(s) so far?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Heh.

Who's your favorite character(s) so far?

I like Elfman a lot because he's a man like I am!

I also like how the show has a fish out of water character who...actually isn't the all powerful main character.

There's plenty of anime with a POV/fish out of water character but they are inevitably both the main character and secretly better than everyone else at whatever because of shonen reasons.

Regiruler

To be fair, the game originals were at least fun to play as, so I can forgive them for having a slightly jarring design.

They're leagues above anime filler characters though.
There are four GCN games. The first two were localized and are among the last of the good GCN 3rd party games, though the 3rd and 4th games came out much earlier in Japan and are much, much better. I imported 4 and a friend imported 3. It was done this way to match the current state of the anime's localization.

The last two Wii ones are good, the first two are not.
Second wii one was essentially the prototype for the third, so I can forgive some of its faults (that and Final Valley =
).

To be fair, the game originals were at least fun to play as, so I can forgive them for having a slightly jarring design.

They're leagues above anime filler characters though.

I actually meant that totally unironically.

I owned Revolution 2 and 3 and often playied as Bando and the ANBU guy with the chakra energy weapons.

Regiruler

I actually meant that totally unironically.

I owned Revolution 2 and 3 and often playied as Bando and the ANBU guy with the chakra energy weapons.
It's hard to tell sarcasm over the internet.

I played Bando a lot in 2. Not as much in 3 though, due to shifting over to Hiruko (along with my staples Kankuro and Kisame).

Kagura is fun to play as, but I never stuck with her for whatever reason. Tenten is similar in that regard (her changes in 3 were a much needed addition, thank god).

I like Elfman a lot because he's a man like I am!

I also like how the show has a fish out of water character who...actually isn't the all powerful main character.

There's plenty of anime with a POV/fish out of water character but they are inevitably both the main character and secretly better than everyone else at whatever because of shonen reasons.

Seems less like Shonen reasons and more like Light Novel reasons.

guys i'm watching this Giant Bomb quick look of the new Naruto Shippuden game and Vinny said "if you like slow builds and really plodding pacing" and I died

i think they are gonna give us some lead time with the Samurai Jack date announcement since they tend to do that with some of the more hyped-up stuff.

i'm also expecting a temporary 11:30 thing

Seda

I'm browsing Twitter and I come across some of DeMarco's retweets...

Are we getting a fucking Skrillex as this week's goodie??

Maybe.

I'm probably the last person you want music video impressions from, but that video (which was linked in here earlier) was honestly really boring, especially visually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom