• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Soulflarz, you need to tank advantage of college. Its high time you learn the art of drinking and watching anime

One minute into Second Coming and already I'm picking apart plotholes. How did Broly get a pod? How did he find Earth? For that matter, how did he not die at the end of the first?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Only maybe half of the DBZ movies make any sense plot wise and almost all of them have glaring problems vis a vis who is alive and where/when they are which could only be explained by being an alternate non-canon universe.

Dragon Ball Z: Broly: The Second Coming

Movie%2B-%2B010%2B-%2BBroly%2BSecond%2BComing.rmvb_snapshot_01.28_%5B2015.03.22_20.22.36%5D.png

Funny, that's me after watching this.

...Broly was a mistake. He's nothing but trash.

So can we talk about the Legendary Super Saiyan (you know the thing that Goku barely defeated in the last film) struggles to kill Goten, Trunks and Videl? Fucking Videl, a not-Saiyan being, is apparently too much for Broly to kill. It's not like Goten and Trunks do much to hurt Broly either.

And that's just one of my problems with this film. The fights are shit. Poorly paced and poorly choreographed do not make a good combination. And it's not like the story does anything to redeem that. It's boring, forgettable, uninteresting, full of plot holes and only serves to pad things out when its not showing Broly fail to destroy everything and everyone.

Speaking of Broly, he's even worse here than in the first film. Literally all he does in this film is grunt, laugh scream and yell Kakarot who's only in this for two minutes at most. And that's not even getting into how this is supposed to be his film yet he seems completely unimportant compared to Goten and Trunks.

Oddly enough Broly isn't even the worst part of the film. No instead that honour goes to Goten and Trunks whose juvenile antics make me want to go in the film and do what Broly is seemingly incapable of. It's stupid, unfunny, annoying and the kind of shit I'd expect from a shitty western animated show. It's also surprisingly repetitive. Like the film has two jokes about Goten and Trunks peeing. Like really? The joke was so good it had to be done twice? It wasn't even good the first time.

As for what's good uh... the animation's not awful I suppose. It recycles animation a good chunk of the time including from the first film where Broly becomes the Legendary Super Saiyan. But it's not Return of Cooler tier so there's that. And the family Kamehameha was nice. Also the ending, cause it was bloody over, at long last.

This was awful. Truly, genuinely awful. It may very well the worst DBZ film I've seen so far. And apparently Bio-Broly is supposed to be worse. I can't imagine how Bio Broly could possibly be worse.

*watches trailer*

Yep, that's Yugioh.

Also, there comes a time, in every man's college life, when he has the right to say "Man, fuck that class. Fuck everything about that class. Fuck it I'm not going."

Today is that day for me friends.

Regiruler

The artwork shots alone are leagues above anything yugioh related in years, possibly ever (pyramid of light wasn't even close in quality).

As long as it's pretty visually and decently hype, there could finally be a good yugioh movie.

Regiruler

*sees multiple instances of bending cards while drawing from so called professional duelists, cringes* Who treats their rare cards so badly? Like hell i'd ever pull a card from a deck like that. Yugioh was a fucking expensive hobby to get into.

I've heard magic is even more expensive.

Line_HTX

*sees multiple instances of bending cards while drawing from so called professional duelists, cringes* Who treats their rare cards so badly? Like hell i'd ever pull a card from a deck like that. Yugioh was a fucking expensive hobby to get into.

Dramatic flailing motion.

Soulflarz

Banned
Goddamn savage.

I could have added that you afterwards proclaim to her and all your friends that you're damn good at what you did even if she was faking it the whole time, but that would have been merciless.
Sentai stop thinking your dubs are good please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom