• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
...underperforming despite being giving multiple opportunities to step up your game?

giphy.gif

God-fucking-damn.

I decided to check out the last few minutes of Naruto Shippuden 450 after learning that it ends the "Tsunade dreams about herself reading a story" filler arc, and in the ultimate insult, that's not an accurate description of the arc. It turns out it's "Tsunade dreams about herself taking a nap and dreaming about herself reading a story".

The show does go back to canon in 451, but it's only for about half the episode. At least the new filler is stuff that "actually happened",
with it being memories that Itachi transferred to Sasuke.

So I'm a bit late to the party but I finally watched the first episode of dimension w dubbed

Pretty solid set up episode, I like the dynamic of our lead characters and the mystery that was set up seems interesting where I want to learn more. The fan services shots were annoying but quick I'd say I hope they don't get worse but internet osmosis I know they do. Dub is fantastic across the board funimation continues to kill it with these simuldubs. Seems like a strong pick up for the block.

Moaradin

So I'm a bit late to the party but I finally watched the first episode of dimension w dubbed

Pretty solid set up episode, I like the dynamic of our lead characters and the mystery that was set up seems interesting where I want to learn more. The fan services shots were annoying but quick I'd say I hope they don't get worse but internet osmosis I know they do. Dub is fantastic across the board funimation continues to kill it with these simuldubs. Seems like a strong pick up for the block.

The fanservice doesn't get worse outside of one moment later on. They tone it down for the most part.

I think the most recent filler arc in Naruto might be the worst filler I've ever seen.

Literally nothing about that arc is good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Since this is what, the second major filler arc of the series I feel confident in saying that by and large NS non-canon™ is a lot worse than OG Naruto.

It's funny because so far the set up for each individual arc has been better but the execution and the length especially leave something to be desired.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
And yet, it still feels like forever.

The pacing is abysmal, that's why. A few of the last six or seven episodes have put me out cold, and not in that soothing IGPX season one music or Samurai Jack at 4:30 in the morning sort of way, but the...seriously this is really rather boring sort of way. It's improved slightly with a Tobi cameo and a bit of action involving the three tails/Naruto confronting the villain, the addition of Lee and Twenty but man. This is among the worst filler I've ever seen.

Jarate

Banned
Honestly from all o0f the naruto Ive experienced, i have to say that I think SAO is a much better title then Naruto, and that's with the understanding that I despise SAO.

Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke are probably the least likeable main characters to ever exist in fiction

Honestly from all o0f the naruto Ive experienced, i have to say that I think SAO is a much better title then Naruto, and that's with the understanding that I despise SAO.

Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke are probably the least likeable main characters to ever exist in fiction

How does one even get this opinion, even removing personal feelings, how can such a cherished and popular character lime naruto be considered the least likeable main character.

Not liking naruto is basically admitting that one hates when people work hard to struggle to achieve and that the person is a fan of people cheating the system or believes in staying stuck in ones path in life never rising and striving to work hard and reach the top, never giving up or looking back on their word. Thematically Naruto is someone everyone should like.

Jarate

Banned
How does one even get this opinion, even removing personal feelings, how can such a cherished and popular character lime naruto be considered the least likeable main character.

Not liking naruto is basically admitting that one hates when people work hard to struggle to achieve and that the person is a fan of people cheating the system or believes in staying stuck in ones path in life never rising and striving to work hard and reach the top, never giving up or looking back on their word. Thematically Naruto is someone everyone should like.

this is all well and good, and as a character i can understand his personal sturggles. But that doesnt mean he is not incredibly annoying, incredibly stupid, never learns from any of his mistakes, and is quite possibly the least ninja ninja to ever exist in any medium.

Mizerman

There is no bad naruto filler arc. There is however one bad filler episode (ninja wives vs the sumo wrestlers) way too out there

Bwahahahaha!

This is so much stretch that even Mr. Fantastic would be amazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom