• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
Best thing about OP leaving is it got me to sign up for Funimation streaming service and start collecting the DVDs.

That's what burns. I have not seen Tokyo ghoul but it doesn't look all that interesting to me. Hopefully it's all right but I don't have high hope's. If a better show had replaced one piece I think I would have been able to not feel so down right now.

Season 1 is alright to bad, but season 2....... oh boy.

Manga is enjoyable enough to keep me going.

SAI MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!

And Sakura of course did NOTHING!

Ray Down

Banned
So how about that Berserk season 2 trailer

tumblr_o8kn5eCgQK1sjroblo6_r1_500.gif

Yeah, I just tried Fairy Tail at the beginning and I was just like... "Nope!"

I've heard stories of how much worse it gets... and I'm glad I never kept going.

There's probably series out there that do more "offensive" things with it's writing but I'm not joking when I say that it currently has the absolute worst written narrative sequencing ever.

The entire "Final" arc that's been happening now has been one of the most inept things I've ever seen put to page and recently a chapter came out that was so badly written that people on Youtube who don't even read Fairy Tail covered it.

An even the nicest reviewer on Youtube mysteriously stopped doing videos on it before coming back and saying that it was "The worst thing I had ever read... of anything ever."

It's really astonishing.

I was shocked by how much I ended up loving Rave's manga. I just picked it up at random in my High School's library because I had read and re-read One Piece and Yu Yu Hakusho so many times and I recalled the anime airing on Toonami back in the day. So I just gave it a shot.

And now I'm sat here regretting I didn't buy it all before it stopped being circulated regularly over here.

Meanwhile Fairy Tail is fucking easy as cake to find.

I DON'T understand how Mashima went from something like Rave to something like Fairy Tail.

I just... don't understand how that happens...fuck.

I get the impression that Fairy Tail was designed to be something light and easy to work on, and thus he didn't put much effort into the world building and such. Thus, he was blindsided by its popularity. Meanwhile, Rave had a core storyline from the start, and had a smaller starting cast of characters. Both Rave and Fairy Tail had the strategy of introducing characters, finding out which ones are popular, and having them become recurring good guys, and this mostly worked out in Rave--a common reaction is that this is one of the few series where villainous characters become more interesting and badass after they become good guys--but Fairy Tail had too many from the start and it lasted long enough for it to really bog things down. Rave had fan service, but it was about what you'd expect from a Dragon Ball inspired series. Fairy Tail wasn't too heavy on fan service at the start, but people responded really well to what was there, so we got what we have now.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I was shocked by how much I ended up loving Rave's manga. I just picked it up at random in my High School's library because I had read and re-read One Piece and Yu Yu Hakusho so many times and I recalled the anime airing on Toonami back in the day. So I just gave it a shot.

And now I'm sat here regretting I didn't buy it all before it stopped being circulated regularly over here.

Meanwhile Fairy Tail is fucking easy as cake to find.

I DON'T understand how Mashima went from something like Rave to something like Fairy Tail.

I just... don't understand how that happens...fuck.

Its probably him just wanting a surfire hit so made it as standard shonen as possible, I remember reading fairy tail back when it was relatively new and keeping up with the chapters, it wasent anywhere near as ecchi as it is now, he also seemed to really show he wanted strong female characters.

Since it became a success he probably allowed himself to do what he wanted and that is to make it borderline hentai doujin

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
That's what burns. I have not seen Tokyo ghoul but it doesn't look all that interesting to me. Hopefully it's all right but I don't have high hope's. If a better show had replaced one piece I think I would have been able to not feel so down right now.

tokyo ghoul is interesting from a character perspective, it had a nice style, but I was expecting more action than I was led on, was disappointed in that aspect but it is really character focus

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
i think it's only logical to make the assumption that one piece would've stayed on the air if they didn't spend all that money getting a 11 p.m. show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
look at all these characters you'll never get to meet now

.........also last time, the 5 minutes to which the last episode was named after.

Just think about the people going, "Oh, that One Piece show is ending? And it's good enough to get a tribute video? I guess I'll check out today's episode." And then they watch this random filler episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom