• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No need to worry. This is the thing that does this thing that I'm explaining to you for no other reason then for you to escape it because you know what it does."

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This One Piece video would probably be better if it was possible to understand what ANY of the lyrics are fucking saying.

cntr

Banned
Also I didn't realize until someone pointed it out in the OT, but the Jack episode was named "XCII", in Roman numerals just like how the episodes were always numbered. It's "Episode 92".

Seda

I know it was slow and it would never catch up, but honestly once-a-week in a block was probably the only way I was going to experience One Piece. I'm not interested enough to read it in my free time or whatnot.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Sad tihing, as someone who wasent a Op fan but marathoned the show like 5 or so years ago, we were coming up on some really interesting and fun arcs , sad to see it go

I know it was slow and it would never catch up, but honestly once-a-week in a block was probably the only way I was going to experience One Piece. I'm not interested enough to read it in my free time or whatnot.

Oh sure, you'll play 200 games a week but you won't put aside 15 minutes a week reading a chapter of manga.

That opening is so good! It helps I love ska or ska-punk bands like Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake and such.

Anime wasn't so good (didn't help Tokyopop edited it when it came out in NA), but manga was pretty good. Better than his other work, Fairy Tail. Lot of stuff is better than Fairy Tail though...

I was shocked by how much I ended up loving Rave's manga. I just picked it up at random in my High School's library because I had read and re-read One Piece and Yu Yu Hakusho so many times and I recalled the anime airing on Toonami back in the day. So I just gave it a shot.

And now I'm sat here regretting I didn't buy it all before it stopped being circulated regularly over here.

Meanwhile Fairy Tail is fucking easy as cake to find.

I DON'T understand how Mashima went from something like Rave to something like Fairy Tail.

I just... don't understand how that happens...fuck.

Ray Down

Banned
I was shocked by how much I ended up loving Rave's manga. I just picked it up at random in my High School's library because I had read and re-read One Piece and Yu Yu Hakusho so many times and I recalled the anime airing on Toonami back in the day. So I just gave it a shot.

And now I'm sat here regretting I didn't buy it all before it stopped being circulated regularly over here.

I DON'T understand how Mashima went from something like Rave to something like Fairy Tail.

Boobs went to his head, catering to fans, he's admit he doesn't really plan ahead or remember things all that well.

ckohler

Worse thing about OP leaving before a great arc is that a terrible anime that gets worse as it goes along is coming in.
That's what burns. I have not seen Tokyo ghoul but it doesn't look all that interesting to me. Hopefully it's all right but I don't have high hope's. If a better show had replaced one piece I think I would have been able to not feel so down right now.

Yeah, I just tried Fairy Tail at the beginning and I was just like... "Nope!"

I've heard stories of how much worse it gets... and I'm glad I never kept going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom