• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jason admitted in that Live Preflight that mecha shows do not tend to do well, so I wonder if they'll hesitate to air IBO S2, or if the feel they are obligated to (or maybe they actually are obligated to)

I feel like IBO did pretty well in the ratings, though, didn't it? Definitely felt like it performed better than Unicorn for sure.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I feel like IBO did pretty well in the ratings, though, didn't it? Definitely felt like it performed better than Unicorn for sure.

Should have picked a standalone show, not one that requires vast knowledge of Universal Century

Here's some bullshit, apparently TVTropes claims Unicorn actually averts Continuity Lockout. No!

And that's how Naruto ends. Japanese fans were really shocked at this sudden development. Kishimoto was quoted as saying "This dude with the midriff was the true villain I envisioned all along. It was only fitting he kill Naruto." Time for One Piece.

Wasn't passengers that romance flick that really pissed off a bunch of people, because
it kicks off with the guy basically indirectly killing the woman?

Seda

Yeah I figure Toonami will air it. IBO did well enough and it's an easy choice to fill a slot for a while. I wonder about any future Gundam/mecha stuff though.

Morlas

Did i mention how incredible that episode of samurai jack was, because I think it needs to be stated again. Also if they're gonna do filler just do one off comedy episodes like the kakashi mask episode because their filler writers just do more harm than good when they try to tell a serious story.

Grexeno

Yeah I figure Toonami will air it. IBO did well enough and it's an easy choice to fill a slot for a while. I wonder about any future Gundam/mecha stuff though.
I feel like at the very least Jason's dream of a permanent Gundam slot have been dashed

cntr

Banned
I wish they'd go for more "Super Robot" mecha shows, since they're basically Gurren Lagann-esque show, and not...long lectures about politics and war.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don't worry about that, there's nothing tv ready in that genre in the pipeline besides that and Code Ge ass three.

Hahah. I've been watching with CC all night and for most of the openings whenever they sung in Japanese it just said "Singing in Japanese" but for some reason they actually transcribed the lyrics of the One Piece opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom