• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

vHISi47.png

Episode 49 "Blinky the Crime Scene Cleanup Vacuum Cleaner"
This week Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler, and Dr. Chaotix talk Boruto, classic bumps, Tom's music video, Sand Whale and Me, Aku, jerk kids, Shaft, vampire horses, crybabies, Leorio bashing, and Last Piece.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/Episode049.mp3

Timecodes:
0:01:02 Shippuden Ending in Japan/Boruto, Tokyo Ghoul Promo, Classic Bump Set, Tom Music Video
0:11:37 Sand Whale and Me
0:17:05 Samurai Jack
0:27:38 DB Super
0:33:00 DBZ Kai
0:42:42 Jojo
0:49:40 Gundam
0:54:48 HxH
1:02:48 Shippuden
1:05:21 One Piece
1:09:33 Sign Offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamigafpodcast/podcast.rss

Xe4

Banned
I also have to wonder how these shows are tracking through streaming services like Direct TV Now, Sling, and PS Vue?

None. Nielsen extrapolates from viewers who specifically have a box installed in their home. I believe it then extrapolates those numbers to the total number of people watching during a given time period. The numbers can be a lot different, but the rankings of said shows (which was 1st, 2nd, etc, is pretty reliable). I think they incorporate some stuff like TiVo, but not SlingTV or anything.

That's just my knowledge of it though.

Catching up on the last bit of One Piece toonami aired.

Did Zoro really just give up the powerful sword the zombie samurai just gave to him to take care of?!

Also I like Luffy's reaction to being told is brother was in mortal danger, "Nah fuck him hes fine he doesn't need saving". bet hes gonna regret that later on.

cntr

Banned
Oh, that was the cursed the other sword he got back in Loguetown. It got destroyed by a marine with the Rust Rust Fruit as they were escaping from Enies Lobby, and Zoro's replacing it with the one he got from Ryuma.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Are zoro's swords important at all? Like does it matter that he broke one and got it replaced

One Sword is an heirloom of his deceased rival Kuina, who looked a lot like Tashigi and wanted to be the world's best with a sword.

The next sword was a cursed blade held by a sword salesman in Lougetown which chose Zoro as it's owner.

The third sword was Ryoma's.

cntr

Banned
I feel like the look and length is tied into the 4Kids issue too. If Funimation had it back when anime was getting popular, the style would be something people could get used to and accept. And there'd be a chance for them to catch the plot back when it was simple and easier to pick up.

But that didn't happen, so.

when are you finishing Jojo and starting MHA btw
No clue at all. I'm busy at work and I have my Jojo scans stored on there so I haven't been reading anything lately. I should just put them on my laptop at home already, though Is the Part 5 translation done yet?

Line_HTX

Reasons 2 and more so 3 are a definite for me. I simply don't have the time to even try and catch up to what's good and what's not.

Besides, there have been episodes where I get frustrated at the pacing to where I just don't care anymore..

Morlas

It doesn't help that the butchered version was aired on the biggest platform for anime in america at the time, though I imagine they were big fans of the japanese version and didn't expect the 4 kids version to be as bad as it was.

zulux21

to be fair I avoided one piece for a while because I didn't care to watch a show about a swimsuit.

I haven't a clue where that came from, but since I didn't have good access to internet I couldn't waste what resources I had on a show about the ultimate swimsuit.

when I had better internet a bit later and someone pointed out it was about pirates I quickly binged all 125 eps or so that were out at the time. Been watching it even since.

also I wish I was joking, but 2004 was a different time for anime lol.

cntr

Banned
tbh, I thought as a kid that people complaining about the One Piece (manga) artstyle were weird.

and I still do

Sunrise just announced Mobile Suit Gundam : Twilight Axis is getting an anime ver.

Takes place in UC 0096, a few months after Unicorn ends. From what I hear, it ties up the end of Unicorn to Gundam F91.

Main MS is called the Tristan. It's the successor to the Alex from Gundam 0080.

I wonder if Toonami will eventually air this.

Sunrise just announced Mobile Suit Gundam : Twilight Axis is getting an anime ver.

Takes place in UC 0096, a few months after Unicorn ends. From what I hear, it ties up the end of Unicorn to Gundam F91.

I wonder if Sunrise will finally remake F91 into a full fledged series?

cntr

Banned
They should get around to making an anime for Crossbone Gundam, by the way. And air that on Toonami.

It's Universal Century Gundam without politics, but with SPACE PIRATES. Literally! They even have a pirate Gundam!

ToonamiGAF would probably fall asleep on it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
tbh, I thought as a kid that people complaining about the One Piece (manga) artstyle were weird.

and I still do

Same. The art is part of the charm.
And I've seen waaaaay worse. Rob Liefeld, Greg Land, panels from gross yaoi comics,
Early
Jojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom