• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's hand drawn I believe too, wonder how many animators died working on it. I have heard really good things about it too, should just get the blu ray, I imagine the quality and artwork would be diminished by a stream.

*Screenplay by writer of Fantastic Four 2015

Nope, GitS it is then.

To be fair that Fantastic Four movie was such a trainwreck on all levels that I feel weird pinning it on the credited screenwriter in pretty much any capacity. Between all the reshoots and the fact that there is no second act whatsoever, it really screams studio/director conflict more than a bad script.

Morlas

Oda is a once in a lifetime talent still going with the quality and pace that he is after what? almost 20 years i think?

Ray Down

Banned
The Manga, the anime pre timeskip, the movies, and whenever shida does a cut.

Mostly the manga though.

Then I agree!

Oda gotten a lot better since the start, my only problem is he's art can be busy at times.

What other mangaka can make Pudding look so good!

Ray Down

Banned
Oda is a once in a lifetime talent still going with the quality and pace that he is after what? almost 20 years i think?

Yes OP is very close to 20 years old, will be on July 19, 2017.

Will easily go on another 10 years, hell the final arc can easily be 3 years.

Remember when Goku went through that weird jacket phase?

dbofrq_l_610x610_coat_orange_black_bomber_jacket.jpg

That was weird.

cntr

Banned
aside from Oda forgetting how women are supposed to have internal organs, the One Piece manga has had consistently pretty good art.

and that Goku jacket is sweet, yo

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Here's a disturbing thought
The Daughters of Aku are essentially the successful result of Aku's "brainwash the children" plan from Aku's Fairy Tales.
Aku tried to tell the children stories about how he's amazing and Jack is an evil monster, but failed because the children saw through him. The Daughters of Aku were told the same thing, but believed it as this is all they knew. They were purposely isolated and told that Aku is God and Jack is a monster that must be eliminated.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Daughters of Aku are essentially the successful result of Aku's "brainwash the children" plan from Aku's Fairy Tales.
Aku tried to tell the children stories about how he's amazing and Jack is an evil monster, but failed because the children saw through him. The Daughters of Aku were told the same thing, but believed it as this is all they knew. They were purposely isolated and told that Aku is God and Jack is a monster that must be eliminated.

It probably helped a lot that the kids never met Aku this time.

cntr

Banned
Yeah the newer designs are...ehh. They're not awful, but they're not as good as they used to be. They're just too busy.

That's why I think Enies Lobby was the best, really good art, and simple and memorable designs. And as a bonus, Oda hadn't yet gone off the deep end with how he draws women!

Mizerman

That would be disturbing. And I wouldn't put it past Aku.

Moaradin

I still think early Nami (like around arlong park) is my favorite design of her. I really dislike how Oda draws women these days. And it's not necessarily because of the giant breast either, it's more because literally every female has the exact same body type and face in a lot of cases.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It probably helped a lot that the kids never met Aku this time.

Yeah. The kids got a first hand view at Aku's goofier side and realized he's not as much of a threat as he once was. If the Daughters met him, they'd lose the will to train.

That would be disturbing. And I wouldn't put it past Aku.

Remember that Aku doesn't know the cult or the Daughters exist. But yeah, he would do the same thing with the kids in Aku's Fairy Tales if he managed to get through to them.

Mizerman

Remember that Aku doesn't know the cult or the Daughters exist. But yeah, he would do the same thing with the kids in Aku's Fairy Tales if he managed to get through to them.

Well, he clearly doesn't know this is going on. Someone competent just carried out a failed plan of his is all.

Well yeah, I know Aku didn't come up with this plan seeing how he basically gave up trying to kill Jack personally. I just wouldn't put it past him if he did (though knowing Aku, he'd screw it up one way or another).

Ray Down

Banned
I hate Franky's post time skip design.

What they did to Robin was also pretty lame.

Franky has grown on me, helps he has the hair gag now.

That's why I think Enies Lobby was the best, really good art, and simple and memorable designs. And as a bonus, Oda hadn't yet gone off the deep end with how he draws women!

I don't know what exactly happen with the month break with Part 2.

I still think early Nami (like around arlong park) is my favorite design of her. I really dislike how Oda draws women these days. And it's not necessarily because of the giant breast either, it's more because literally every female has the exact same body type and face in a lot of cases.

Well even back then a lot of women had the same face even back then. Robin did look different though early on.

Morlas

I think it's less that they're all supermodels, they're not btw, but it just seems oda doesn't have a setting for major female characters between supermodel and big and weird looking.

So based on a recommendation from AnimeGAF I've been watching Shirobako, an anime about the behind scenes of what an anime production is actually like, and it's been really illuminating. I'm only 11 episodes in, but I really highly recommend it to everyone.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So based on a recommendation from AnimeGAF I've been watching Shirobako, an anime about the behind scenes of what an anime production is actually like, and it's been really illuminating. I'm only 11 episodes in, but I really highly recommend it to everyone.
It's a great series, & I would love to see something similar dealing with video games.

Part of me wanted Sentai to dub it (they're not, thankfully) just to have the scenes involving voice acting be funnier when you think "this is probably how Sentai does VA work & the voices reflect that."

It's a great series, & I would love to see something similar dealing with video games.

Part of me wanted Sentai to dub it (they're not, thankfully) just to have the scenes involving voice acting be funnier when you think "this is probably how Sentai does VA work & the voices reflect that."

lol

I know part of Sentai's deal is they frequently pick actors with little to no experience. I know that was definitely the case for quite a few of the Akame ga Kill actors.

After I finish Shirobako, I'm going to check out Gi(a)rlish Number next since that series apparently takes the piss out of cheap light novel adaptations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom