• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
d0FHTOZ.gif

Lmao, okay then. This'll be interesting to watch

Xe4

Banned
Man that girl gave no fucks. Hopefully the manga had it that way, otherwise it was just a bad VA performance.

Despite being edgier than a Linkin Park concert the voice acting, animation, and directing were alright. 6/10. We'll see where it goes.

Ok that after credits scene was pretty great, lol.

Episode was fine to me. Interesting visuals, the acting is acceptable. I get the impression that I'd like this less if I already read the manga, though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The Phantom Troupe prepares to bare its fangs.

How will Kurapika, now Nostrade family bodyguard, deal with them?

Moaradin

I don't think the first season of Tokyo Ghoul will be as bad as people want it to be. It's edgy as fuck, but at least it feels somewhat appropriate and doesn't have weird mood whiplashes like Akame ga Kil.

Raxus

I like this, I'm assuming it gets a lot worse?

It really doesn't. First season is pretty solid. Hence why it got so popular.

I think the only out right terrible anime that got popular was SAO. AoT and TG were pretty solid, albeit flawed, shows.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The Mafia community has unleashed the Shadow Beasts on the bandits who attacked the auction.

Kurapika has yet to realize that they are facing off against the Phantom Troupe.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not that JoJos and HxH don't have their moments of serious drama but overall they're fun watches and this show is such a buzz kill to have slotted between those two

I mean, I have zero issue with serious drama. I just can't take this seriously. There's just too much edge for that. Couple that with how he got like this in the first place requiring a ridiculous amount of suspension of disbelief and the whole overdone shadow government of monsters and I can't say I'm all that into it so far.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I understand why my 15 year old sister is into this seires.

Seems like the type of anime that's a "gateway" for those in junior/high school, being all "YO, THESE JAPANESE CARTOONS ARE BETTER THAN AMERICAN CUZ THEY'RE MATURE & EDGY!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom