• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

So, Ghouls just live and act like humans, are basically superhuman, kill humans for food, society is aware of them, but society at larges seems relatively unconcerned? I mean there was a news broadcast and all that, but I feel like things should be a lot more ... hectic?

BBboy20

Shadow_of_the_beast_cover_art.jpg

ricelord

To anyone wanted to read the manga its still going on and is on part 2, i recommend reading it over watching the anime due to the fact the anime skips alot of things(like a shit ton of shit).

So, Ghouls just live and act like humans, are basically superhuman, kill humans for food, society is aware of them, but society at larges seems relatively unconcerned? I mean there was a news broadcast and all that, but I feel like things should be a lot more ... hectic?

Naw, society is concerned. It'll be revealed soon, but they have an armed military specifically dedicated to killing ghouls.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tokyo Ghoul was watchable, but I can already tell it's a show I wouldn't check out on my own accord.

Yeah, "watchable" is about how I would class that, too. Way too far over the OW THE EDGE line for me to take seriously, though. Just more cringey than anything else.

Shadow Beasts totally got this.

I think I understand why my 15 year old sister is into this seires.

Seems like the type of anime that's a "gateway" for those in junior/high school, being all "YO, THESE JAPANESE CARTOONS ARE BETTER THAN AMERICAN CUZ THEY'RE MATURE & EDGY!"

Yeah, I mean Vampire Hunter D caught my eye at that age...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naw, society is concerned. It'll be revealed soon, but they have an armed military specifically dedicated to killing ghouls.

But the Ghouls also have a government and they are doing nothing to try and make fitting in easier? I mean they let that one chick run around and do what she wanted, that don't seem smart.

RagnarokX

One person can sustain a ghoul for 11 months and they haven't come to peaceful terms with humans eating criminals and such?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Let's not beat around the bush, HxH has some really trash designs many times.

I don't disagree but I appreciate how scattershot all the designs are. Something like Naruto and Bleach feel so "consistent" as to be sterile. HxH is all over the board but you get a lot of standouts (good and bad) because of it. I dunno, I normally wouldn't appreciate it but it works with the world Togashi's built.

But the Ghouls also have a government and they are doing nothing to try and make fitting in easier? I mean they let that one chick run around and do what she wanted, that don't seem smart.

Not exactly. Later in the series it will shed some light on the inner-politics on Ghouls, but for the most part it's the stronger ghouls laying claiming to their "territory" and making others who reside there abide to their rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom