• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A Proof of my conviction-"
"Kurapika watch out-"
"I will die instantly if I-"
"Please watch the road-!"

God. Tonight's been pretty funny.

Yep, Kurapika's going to get them all killed if he doesn't focus on the road. I watch it befor, but it still got to me.

And yeah, tonight's had some funny moments along with weird/gross.

And Chain Jail is pretty fucking powerful. It keeps the target from using any nen and in the world of HxH, without nen, you're pretty much a walking corpse.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So here is how you make Nen powers more powerful.

I was just going to say I kind of like this idea.

I didn't feel like Kurapika had been built up as strong enough to do something like that, but attaching a fatal downside to using the ability outside of a specific context is a nice way to have strong powers without having everything go out of control.

Seda

It isn't the nen as much as a pact he made with himself. Chain Jail is sealed unless he fights a spider.

My first thought is that Hisoka is apparently only masquerading as a "spider" and he isn't truly aligned with them (I'm not familiar with future events but the show said this plainly and directly), so I'm wondering would using "Chain Jail" on Hisoka count against Kurapika or not.

ckohler

It isn't the nen as much as a pact he made with himself. Chain Jail is sealed unless he fights a spider.
Sounds like that spell in Harry Potter where you have to keep a promise and if you break it you die... except in this case it gives you crazy power too boot.

Ashby

I'm surprised at the positive reception to Kurapika's restriction. I mean, it's not much of a restriction when the whole reason you want power is take out the people you're restricted to using that power against.

cntr

Banned
My first thought is that Hisoka is apparently only masquerading as a "spider" and he isn't truly aligned with them (I'm not familiar with future events but the show said this plainly and directly), so I'm wondering would using "Chain Jail" on Hisoka count against Kurapika or not.
I forget or not if it comes up later, but with the way nen powers usually go, it based on what Kurapika himself believes, since it's his power.

adding interest
last general nen lesson.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's from his perspective as it's a contract on his own heart. If he saw the tattoo on him he'd go nuts and his powers would kick in.

Kaizer

Banned

That was my initial thought too when I first watched this, seems likely Kurapika would be screwed.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's Gon and Killua's Hunterpedia!

sQRgYHx.png

46mlBSt.png

rRbX7Pv.png

lVVl1zz.png

1GdDk7A.png

SIPw8Vw.png

Next Time: Restraint x And x Vow!

I'm surprised at the positive reception to Kurapika's restriction. I mean, it's not much of a restriction when the whole reason you want power is take out the people you're restricted to using that power against.

The restriction is his powers are all but useless on anyone else. He's essentially left himself defenseless against anyone who is not a Spider. It shows how single-minded he actually is about making them his top priority above everything else.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
oh right, I guess Gundam got demoted.

Damn I wish I cared about this show, because it's gorgeous

Korigama

Unicorn later for me. Gonna go see as much of what I missed from Samurai Jack as I can for now (forgot I was going to do that with Sand Whale and Me screwing up the start times, so stuck rewatching the first five minutes on the Wednesday replay).

The restriction is his powers are all but useless on anyone else. He's essentially left himself defenseless against anyone who is not a Spider. It shows how single-minded he actually is about making them his top priority above everything else.

It's a wonderful way to show someone's character through their ability.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

It's a two-part thing. It's not just the restriction that matters but what you give up in the process. Since his consequences for breaking the contract are basically the biggest possible consequences he could possibly inflict ("I get stabbed in the heart and die instantly"), the buff that the restriction gives gets maximized.

Raxus

A full grown man just got his ass kicked by this kid. He should just shoot himself now. He forever lost his man card. Might as well be called Kamille.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom