• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
G Gundam, Build Fighters, and War in the Pocket are three "actually great" Gundam series, imo.

The rest are more of a mixed thing.

War in the Pocket was definitely the best UC series I watched. I had a soft spot for 08th Team, though that was admittedly super cheesy.

I've been meaning to watch G Gundam. I keep hearing praise for it online. I was hoping Hulu would add it since they added Wing and few others.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I usually see it is, like, the first season had a lot of bad, but it was easy to forget about those and remember the good parts.

That doesn't really work with the second season.

e: also, Exia was the shit.

Exia was the best. I did like 00 Gundam though.

In s2
Nena gets straight up murdered
, which was a plus for me personally, lol.

In s1, the end of the ep where Trans-Am is revealed is still the hypest shit ever.

Ali Al-Sarchez just flying away like a bitch (and Setsuna LETTING HIM) is just another instance of poor writing in the show, though.

Now, that wasn't a great episode of Gundam.

But don't worry, I'll get us hyped for Naruto.

We just have to experience one man's love for it.

giphy.gif

Regiruler

You guys are just shitposting right? Gundam really isn't that hard to follow anymore with some basic info.

Some of the hidden faction stuff is complicated but this episode didn't have any of that. Just basic Federation vs Zeon war.

BBboy20

You guys are just shitposting right? Gundam really isn't that hard to follow anymore with some basic info.

Some of the hidden faction stuff is complicated but this episode didn't have any of that. Just basic Federation vs Zeon war.
This isn't even about following something anymore, this is now just bad entertainment. =/

Xe4

Banned
Now, that wasn't a great episode of Gundam.

But don't worry, I'll get us hyped for Naruto.

We just have to experience one man's love for it.

giphy.gif

Man, it's been a while since if seen SBF, but they do good stuff.

The way the show is structured makes it super hard to follow.

With HxH (for instance), it was easy enough to understand the motivations of each of the characters, simply in that episode alone. This episode of Unicorn just dumped you in the middle of a bunch of shit and a ton of characters having interactions about stuff I wasn't entirely sure what to care about. It simply didn't work.

For reference, I had seen neither HxH or Unicorn before tonight.

cntr

Banned
hey, on the bright side, next week is the start of the last good Shippuden arc

...though I have no idea how Pierrot might screw it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom