• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Yeah the restriction/vow system is brilliant because it lets you have interesting powers that let you fight stronger characters, but without getting into long-term power escalation.

Crocodile

Banagher is insufferable

It's a concept that sticks with the rest of the series. Definitely not random.

In my defense there was no way I can know that. I've seen enough shonen with "random power up that was never fore-shadowed and never seen again that is said to be fatal if ever used/misused but 95% of the time there is never any actual consequence" to not think highly of this at first glance.

cntr

Banned
If the second season of Gundam 00 was as good as the first it would be one of the better Gundam series.

That second season is truly awful.
If 00 was only the first season, it would've been crazy.
The world uniting to heroically defeat the evil terrorists, the protagonists, who thereby both succeed and lose.

It's what should've happened.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Season 1 was cool despite a bunch of dumb ideas

Season 2...lolol. I liked the stupid beam sword, at least.

I think both were equally bad for different reasons. s2 gets a lot of hate but it fully embraced itself, lol. s1 tried to straddle the overwrought Gundam drama and "real world" politics and mostly failed.

Though I just did remember Mr. Bushido, lol.

If the second season of Gundam 00 was as good as the first it would be one of the better Gundam series.

That second season is truly awful.

I still need to see more of the non-UC series but so far every Gundam series I've watched has been a pretty mixed bag.

Unicorn has definitely been my least favorite of the bunch.

cntr

Banned
I still need to see more of the non-UC series but so far every Gundam series I've watched has been a pretty mixed bag.

Unicorn has definitely been my least favorite of the bunch.
G Gundam, Build Fighters, and War in the Pocket are three "actually great" Gundam series, imo.

The rest are more of a mixed thing.

zqR6HRl.jpg

Nuuu!!

just brings sadness :~;

cntr

Banned
I think both were equally bad for different reasons. s2 gets a lot of hate but it fully embraced itself, lol. s1 tried to straddle the overwrought Gundam drama and "real world" politics and mostly failed.

Though I just did remember Mr. Bushido, lol.
I usually see it is, like, the first season had a lot of bad, but it was easy to forget about those and remember the good parts.

That doesn't really work with the second season.

e: also, Exia was the shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom