• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
uzdC8jl.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I will most likely be missing Samurai Jack as I'm going to a sake bar and might catch HxH or a bit of Jojo but I'll be hammered most likely. I'll probably get banned for telling Man God to fuck off for that Crap Puka shit in a drunken rage

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I will most likely be missing Samurai Jack as I'm going to a sake bar and might catch HxH or a bit of Jojo but I'll be hammered most likely. I'll probably get banned for telling Man God to fuck off for that Crap Puka shit in a drunken rage

It's not my fault Kurapika sucks!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Aku has to deal with a siege being led by the Scotsman, Goku has lost his divine powers but he's still able to go blow for blow with Beerus as the battle between gods finally comes to its conclusion, KFC and the Sandman's mission through the wastes comes to a close, Gohan faces off against Kibito but Yamu and Spopovich are waiting in the wings, Kars has snatched victory from the jaws of defeat and has assumed the powers of an ultimate lifeform but Jojo is still determined to save the world from the Pillar Man's scourge in this special hour long finale of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Kurapika goes one on one with Uvogin on the outskirts of Yorknew City in his pursuit of vengeance, Banagher and the Garencieres returns to space with Mineva on board, the Leaf's scientists try to decrypt the clues left behind by Jiraiya regarding Pain's true identity, and Togusa goes deep undercover to infiltrate a healthcare center specializing in treating the victims of cyberbrain sclerosis that seems to be the source of a hack into the Ministry of Health.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 14 - This Is All the Power I've Got! A Settlement Between Gods!
11:00 - Samurai Jack - 57 - XCVI
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 14 - This Is All the Power I've Got! A Settlement Between Gods!
12:00 - Sand Whale and Me - 5 - Day 5 - Showdown - END
12:05 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 113 - A Creeping Conspiracy! The Target is Gohan
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 25 - The Birth of a Superbeing!!
1:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 26 - The Ascendant One - END
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 47 - Condition × And × Condition
2:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 15 - Waiting in Space
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 154 - Decryption
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 11 - PORTRAITZ

cntr

Banned
so it turns out that waking up in the middle of the night from your evaporation cooler making sounds like a jackhammer because it somehow managed to literally shatter its fan blades is also a good way to metaphorically shit your pants and be unable to go back to sleep

Man, I hope The Scotsman makes it out of tonight's episode alive.

Also, question for the people here who seem to know the franchise.

Can you just jump into Persona? Could I just start Persona 5?

Chase17

Man, I hope The Scotsman makes it out of tonight's episode alive.

Absolutely. The only real connection to is that sometimes past characters are inconsequentially mentioned on the news

cntr

Banned
What do you guys usually do in the hours before Toonami starts, anyway?

Yeah, each Persona has a completely separate plot and cast. There's cameos and callbacks, but nothing critical.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I noticed a few cameos of the P4 characters (Rise & Kanami posters & the TV mentioning Naoto) to confirm this takes place in the same universe, but yeah, this is pretty much standalone, like each Final Fantasy.

My friend watched me play this for about 30 minutes & was completely convinced to the point we drove to GameStop not long after so he could pick up a copy for himself.

What do you guys usually do in the hours before Toonami starts, anyway?
Just what I normally do on my day off, watch some videos or play games, surf the internet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
lol dlc doesn't count

But seriously, that's neat to hear. Any word on how to find it? I'm 40 hours in (midway through July), so I'm hoping I didn't miss it.

Edit: & it seems at the arcade, you can win
a Stray Sheep plushie, so there's your Catherine cameo

cntr

Banned
I forgot the details, but there's a few here and there, I think.

(also, obviously, they brought back P2's elemental system)

Whoops wrong thread.

Nearly gave away a pretty big Super reveal there.

Granted most people seem to approach DBZ like Jojo in that spoilers don't really impact anything.

Neoxon

So after tonight, JoJo's gonna take a 3-month(?) break.

I've waited this long for the Stardust Crusaders dub, so 3(?) more months should be nothing. Plus it'll be nice to have Attack on Titan Season 2 dubbed sooner than I expected.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

I've waited this long for the Stardust Crusaders dub, so 3(?) more months should be nothing. Plus it'll be nice to have Attack on Titan Season 2 dubbed sooner than I expected.

That is the common wisdom.

Moaradin

That's if it replaces AoT, though I wouldn't be surprised if it replaced Gundam as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At this rate, it's either replacing AoT2 (which feels more likely), or it replaces Unicorn but then Jojo gets its old timeslot back & everything else gets pushed down a half hour.

I'd be down for that, too. When does Gundam end?

Hell, there's still the likes of Mob Psycho 100 & My Hero Academia that have Toonami potential.
June 3rd for Unicorn, if everything goes as scheduled.

& yes, still wondering when MP100 is gonna hit considering it was demanded more than AoT2 & Funimation has the rights to it as well.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
MHA doesn't seem to be in the cards given all visible signs, Mob Psycho 100 is certainly desired and may be close at hand.

cntr

Banned
If MHA shows up, it'll probably after S2 is done. (though honestly, I'm not sure if I want it to at this point. depends on how S2 turns out.)

Moaradin

MHA will definitely shoot up to one of the most requested shows now that S2 is airing. That's just one of those shows that I think is just a matter of time.

At this rate, it's either replacing AoT2 (which feels more likely), or it replaces Unicorn but then Jojo gets its old timeslot back & everything else gets pushed down a half hour.

I actually wouldn't be surprised, depending on how Tokyo Ghoul fairs over the next month, that if SDC replaces Unicorn, it will actually premiere behind TG instead of ahead of it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A block with Stardust Crusaders, Lupin the 3rd, Mob Psycho 100, & Hunter x Hunter is welcomed in my book.

....won't have all of them at the same time, but still, if they at least some point, I'd be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom