• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

I dunno, I'm not sure how I feel about all this contract stuff. Seems he made himself useless for every other arc in the series from what people are saying? So he goes on a curbstomping spree in this arc and then gets worfed every other arc (at least theroretically)? We'll see I guess.

Not exactly...
more like he isn't in the show anymore after this arc LOL. Though he is a major focus in the latest manga arc, and he has enemies that aren't Spiders. It could get real interesting.

Togashi please!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I mean, assuming they're around, sure I guess.

I'm gonna hold off on making the judgement on that. I've read through the whole manga at this point but I still don't know because of his extremely limited use.

Living in a world as fucked up as this and not be able to defend yourself against anything other than the Phantom Troupe doesn't sound safe at all to me though.

Not all of his abilities are limited to the Phantom Troupe. In fact I think only Chain Jail is specifically said to be.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also, wikia has a more detailed and technical explanation of Emperor Time:

Kurapika explains this using the terms "Level", "Force" and "Accuracy": his "Levels" in the various Nen categories remain the same during Emperor Time, but his Force and Accuracy for every category are raised to 100%. Thus, if Kurapika's Level in Conjuration were 10, his Level in Emission (the polar opposite aura type) would remain 4 at the most, while his Force and Accuracy during Emperor Time would raise from 40% to 100%, making him evenly matched against a Level 4 Emitter.

Not really OP.

Not all of his abilities are limited to the Phantom Troupe. In fact I think only Chain Jail is specifically said to be.

I know not all of what he can do is limited to them but... whatever. I'm not even complaining.

I try to understand shit and shit just gets fucked.

Breads

Banned
Late response but that episode of hxh is dope af. I only caught a few episodes here and there but I think I'm going to watch it from the beginning in earnest now. I know it comes highly recommended and indeed even people from Gaf have recommended it to me before but now I think it's time to finally jump in.

Moaradin

Late response but that episode of hxh is dope af. I only caught a few episodes here and there but I think I'm going to watch it from the beginning in earnest now. I know it comes highly recommended and indeed even people from Gaf have recommended it to me before but now I think it's time to finally jump in.

SeemsGood.png

Man, nobody post during Unicorn, huh?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
B..but a Gundam is a robot. People can't be "Gundam". That's dumb. Also, Gundam run on gas... but they have magic too. My head hurts.

Setsuna wasn't the brightest.

Also the writing in 00 was really quite terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom