• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
I forgot what happened on Tokyo Ghoul last week. I'm debating on if I should go back to playing Overwatch for 30 minutes...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I tried those Chicken Crispers at Chili's the other day.
Really good, but pricey.
As someone who loves chicken, I am disappointed I can't try them since I don't have a Chili's near by.

I wish my town had more interesting places & events.

Xe4

Banned
YO WHY THE FUCK IS EVERY CHARACTER BETTER THAN THE MAIN CHARACTER

The only character who would be a worse MC than Eren would be Armin. It's not like they have bad characters, but booooy does Eren fucking ruin the scenes he's in.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That reminds me, I need to continue the TG manga. I know what I'm doing tomorrow. I left off at Chapter 47 of 143.

i read the second volume of Tokyo Ghoul

the changes continue to baffle me

I know right? Why is Kaneki such an idiot here. He's a bit smarter in the manga.

Also the restaurant scene had a couple humans getting killed and fed to Ghouls to raise the stakes. Why cut them out?

Moaradin

I dunno, Eren constantly being a huge fuck-up despite talking a big game all the time kinda works? It's entertaining to watch him fail every hero moment he gets lol.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
yo honestly, if Hunter x Hunter came on before Tokyo Ghoul, I could dip out of Toonami earlier

Whenever this opening comes on

r8TOIDN.gif

Naruto's pretty good when he has the chance to be, tho.

Sasuke's the real issue.

Honestly, if you want a weak protagonist in a long running Shonen, then look no further than Ichigo, who literally lost all of his personality out side of "Protect mah nakama" after the Soul Society arc.

Seda

The thing about Eren is that it seems like he's supposed to be unlikable and stupidly rash, which does add a small bit of interest to me, personally. I feel like there's not a disconnect being author intent and audience reaction.

I'd feel different if he was painted in a positive light by the show but still came across as an idiot to the audience (ie there was an intent disconnect).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
who voices Kaneki?

The beginning made him sound like Shinji, making me think Spike Spencer voices him.

....oh good, I was fearing he was gonna walk into anime trope #24: girl is changing when boy walks in

Xe4

Banned
Time for flesh, AKA time for me to read the Black Lagoon manga, watch Tokyo Ghoul, and read GAF at the same time.

Fake Edit: Oh, hey it was just a dream.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"What did you eat too much of" I DON'T KNOW, WHAT DO GHOULS EAT ALL THE TIME?!

one of the reasons I love My Hero Academia and Haikyuu is because both the main and side characters are dope as shit

Oh yeah. One Piece too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom