• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
People wanted to know when they'll air Titan and Shippuden

If Titan will be dubbed or subbed

When they'll show subbed anime

So you know, pointless as always
Can't wait to see what they put up on television. "Uhh, we held out monthly Q&A last week but no one sent in any questions. Yup. No one at all"

People wanted to know when they'll air Titan and Shippuden

If Titan will be dubbed or subbed

When they'll show subbed anime

So you know, pointless as always

Shouldn't they have a long list of stupid, redundant questions they don't want to answer?
Replying to these same questions is what's making the Q&A worse.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The only solution is to post more Durarara pics.

tumblr_n39qa3ucKT1qm9y5qo1_500.gif

Well if you insist...

tumblr_n42xicUCaV1srv4plo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n31x7eUK531rsfkweo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n39b2usZID1srv4plo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n3gyacSE2k1rm3lw4o1_500.gif

tumblr_n37hcxUKjW1she9c7o1_500.gif

tumblr_mbjplnZR4T1rn2qoco1_500.gif

BONUS

tumblr_n374g71pVS1t96bm4o1_500.gif

XD Goddamit, Andrex. Cracking up over here.

Andrex is abandoning ToonamiGaf to join the DOLLARS.

In my youth, and by youth I mean a few years ago, I actually joined a website for the Dollars. It was pretty cool. They had their own little password thing like on the show and everything. Unfortunately I remember them having a lot of funding problems. I wonder if they're still up.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
finalflame400 Asked: Bleach has 20 something episodes left have you figure out what to replace it with?
We’ve got some ideas… ;)

unregisteredmetalgear-jehuty Asked: Can you please exchange Bleach with something else? Or at least move it further behind the schedule?
Short answer? No. ;)

kittyichooseyou Asked: So (assuming that you've bought it) the last season of bleach starts next week. when it ends, do u think you'll replace it with another unending shounen or put it in repeat?
You said Bleach was ending and then called it an “unending shounen.” Hahahaha

Adult Swim would like to announce that the hit show BLEACH will be replaced by the Toonami classic: BLEACH

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Why would they move it now so close to the end? Also, it looks like they are going to indeed replace Bleach with something else afterwards.

LycanXIII

Q&A Part 2:

96arabz Asked: When will you guys have another contests?
Well we did that last one all on our own so it took a while to pull together. We’ll do another one, but it won’t be for a while. Keep checking this tumblr for more details!

Anonymous Asked: I've heard that Toonami won't air "old" shows. How old does a show have to be "too old" for Toonami?
Old enough that the majority of people watching our network will change the channel when they see it.

Anonymous Asked: So, why did you guys air FLCL? Perhaps its just because it made my head hurt, but it didn't seem like an action show
If you think FLCL didn’t have action, we don’t know what to tell you. Not only is it amazing on ten different levels, it has plenty of action.

thelonelynewyorker Asked: How long will toonami stay on the air? I don't want to relive the pain of losing you guys again.
Well, eventually everything dies, including Toonami. And we have no idea how long we’ll be on the air. All we can do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.

councilofone Asked: Have you ever considered doing your artist spotlights again? I ask because you guys have impeccable taste in music. The music videos you are these days always end up being new favorite artists of mine, and the Madlib and New Found Glory spotlights you did way back when had a bigger impact on me than you might think. Run The Jewels would be the perfect start, since you work with them anyway, and a lot of people probably still don't know them (which they should).
We don’t have the budget for that sort of thing these days, but we’re glad you saw them and liked them! we’d love to do them again at some point.

mackzeen Asked: Why do you keep answering finalflame400's stupid questions?
How about asking us some we can answer instead?

dasuquin-universe Asked: I've wanted to know your decision behind starting Naruto Shippuden without finishing the original Naruto, not even finishing the Chunin Exams. Also, you're decision for starting Naruto from the beginning after moving it's timeslot.
Plans change. When things become available, we talk about it, and figure out if it makes sense to make a new plan. That did.

Anonymous Asked: I remember you guys said Young Justice couldn't air on Toonami because it was a DC Comics show, but now we're getting Beware the Batman. Does this mean DC has decided to see if their shows will work on Toonami, or is this similar to ThunderCats where it's free to air until the rights expire?
It’s a different thing than the other shows.

posi-vybz Asked: toonami's original weekday run was super influential for people in my generation -- happy to see it's back again! my question: avid, final cut, or premiere?
Thanks! And to answer- we DID use AVID, then moved on to Final Cut, and now we use Premier!

science-fantasy Asked: Did any of you work on Toonami back in the 90s? If not, was watching Toonami what prompted you to want to work on it?
We all worked on it. Jason co-created it. Gill was hired right before the launch. Everyone else joined at some point later on.

Anonymous Asked: I'mma ask this one more time brother, where the Wii U representation at man? Pikmin 3 was nice but the Nintentrain needs more fuel to keep on chugigng.
Are you telling us, or Nintendo?

xxkawaiislayerxx Asked: I'm not trying to sound rude, but how did you guys not notice Inuyasha was about to end until a week before it did?
It was something our lawyers notified us of, and we had no idea there was a set end date coming up. We took over Toonami years after that deal had been made. We never like to do something like that.

letmebeyourstaryu Asked: Since Attack on Titan is going to air in May, what are the most requested shows to be on the toonami block now?
DBZ, Kill La Kill, Hunter X Hunter, Sailor Moon and Jojo’s are the top requests lately.

Anonymous Asked: To shoot down a couple of rumors. Do you guys reject shows with one or more female leads?
Never. That’s not a basis by which we choose shows and never will be.

seafoamdoe Asked: When I DVR Toonami shows does it help ratings? Or does it not really matter? I try to stay up but I always fall asleep so I just started DVRing the later shows so I could still watch them.
Yes DVR helps, but you have to actually watch them. Just recording doesn’t help.

Anonymous Asked: "We only air dubbed anime. See previous 4573829393040 answers to this question" Then, hey, MAYBE DON'T FUCKING ANSWER IT AND STOP SPAMMING MY FEED WITH ALL THESE FUCKING ASKS.
All we read here was WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH, anon.

taikodumbmaster Asked: If you guys and gals were taking a shot for every Attack on Titan question you've gotten today, how plastered would you all be right now?
Who says we’re not.

Anonymous Asked: Will clydes appear soon or was that just a dream
Both

graphicspark Asked: How did we do with the Intruder 2?
You guys did GREAT, thank you so much. We may ask you to trend it again, so stay tuned!

dasuquin-universe, you stupid motherfucker. If you want an answer to your stupid question so much, maybe look at one of the thousand other Q&As where they answered.

huh? i mean the episodes after 52, and they can easily just replace its current timeslot with one of their free shows

So are they going to skip 20ish Naruto episodes and move it up the line up to air new Uncut Naruto when Bleach ends? No they'll probably just replace it with something new

Why not just move Bleach to the back of the block and air reruns?

Bleach probably cost more to air then a 3PM or later showing could afford unless AS has a really kick ass contract with them

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Anonymous Asked: I'mma ask this one more time brother, where the Wii U representation at man? Pikmin 3 was nice but the Nintentrain needs more fuel to keep on chugigng.
Are you telling us, or Nintendo?"

You guys could review The Wonderful 101... just saying.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I have a hard time seeing the current Toonami unfurling something legacy in one of the most important timeslots these days.

I have a hard time seeing the current Toonami unfurling something legacy in one of the most important timeslots these days.

This, the only reason Dandy is still high on the block is because they're just killing time for S2 which we know is coming, if Bleach Blood War gets announced in the next 4 months to air in the fall/winter and Viz can simuldub or close to simuldub it then perhaps we'll see Bleach stay at 12 and repeat until it's ready, otherwise it's going to either drop or be replaced by something new.

Raxus

My summary of the episodes this week (classics may be excluded):

Space Dandy:
One of the best episodes for sure but I think it discredits how good the remaining episodes are sans the underwear episode. My personal fave is still episode 12. I also loved Toonami's preview for episode 5 as well.

Bleach:
As much shit as I give it, this was a pretty nice episode (Hollow designs aside). I can see why fans of the show got a little emotional when this series finale played at the end of the Aizen arc.

Shippuden:
SOMETHING IS HAPPENING *reads next weeks summary* FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....

One Piece:
Back to setting up for future events. Everything we learned last night will come into play over the next 20ish episodes. All aboard the hype train *toot toot*!

Blue Exorcist:
I said it before and I'll say it again, AGGRESSIVELY mediocre.

Black Lagoon:

You always bet on black. Easily one of the strongest episodes tonight

GitS:
I hope some newbies enjoyed this mind fuck of an episode. It is a nice conclusion considering how overwhelming the force was hunting down section 9. Personally, I loved the Tachkomas so I felt bad seeing them get blown to pieces. Enjoy the epilogue you guys. I will post my full thoughts on the series then.

Samurai Jack:
Tied with Black Lagoon as the funniest episode on the night. Just the concept of the greatest evil in the universe trying to influence kids is hilarious. I hope this bodes well as Jack's quality has been consistently getting better and better.

Clone Wars:

Watching it later (what episode is it?) based on how this season is going I'd rank it near the middle or top most likely.

Symbionic Titan:
I find it weird people hate this episode considering how much it explains about Lance's character and attitude since the start of the series. This and Toshy, I feel, marked the point the series had consistently amazing episodes.

Rankings!

Black Lagoon = Samurai Jack > Space Dandy = GitS > One Piece = Symbionic Titan> Bleach > Blue Exorcist >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Slow-as-pudden

So are they going to skip 20ish Naruto episodes and move it up the line up to air new Uncut Naruto when Bleach ends? No they'll probably just replace it with something new

they skipped hundreds of episodes of One Piece. i really don't see why dropping Naruto reruns that already aired on the current block in the middle of its run is out of the question.

they skipped hundreds of episodes of One Piece. i really don't see why dropping Naruto reruns that already aired on the current block in the middle of its run is out of the question.

I really don't see them paying money to get more episodes of uncut Naruto AND Shippuden to have both air in the top half of the block. They've pushed uncut Naruto reruns into 3:30PM it's clearly just there because it's free as part of the Shippuden deal, if they get more episodes they'll just leave it down there or push it up to 2:30/3:00

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why would they move it now so close to the end? Also, it looks like they are going to indeed replace Bleach with something else afterwards.

Hopefully they'll double up on One Piece or pick something incredibly awesome.

I really don't see them paying money to get more episodes of uncut Naruto AND Shippuden to have both air in the top half of the block. They've pushed uncut Naruto reruns into 3:30PM it's clearly just there because it's free as part of the Shippuden deal, if they get more episodes they'll just leave it down there or push it up to 2:30/3:00

if they feel it'll bring in ratings, i don't see why not. they aired Dragon Ball and DBZ concurrently when they had fewer timeslots to work with once upon a time.

Everyone prepare your body and my for Fairy Tail because it's only a matter of time

if they feel it'll bring in ratings, i don't see why not. they aired Dragon Ball and DBZ concurrently when they had fewer timeslots to work with once upon a time.

They seem to be pretty apparent about using funds for new content to bring in new viewers now pleasing the old ones, uncut Naruto past episode 52 doesn't help the block grow or bring in new viewers, it just means that a few more Naruto fans will stay up half an hour later and then leave.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Can't really argue that Uncut Naruto's rating are bad though. Plus it might mean a 2015 with a great crop of episodes, 53-105 or so is good stuff. 2016 would be the real good shit.

They seem to be pretty apparent about using funds for new content to bring in new viewers now pleasing the old ones, uncut Naruto past episode 52 doesn't help the block grow or bring in new viewers, it just means that a few more Naruto fans will stay up half an hour later and then leave.

we currently have three shows cut from the same cloth on this block, four if you count Blue Exorcist.

we currently have three shows cut from the same cloth on this block, four if you count Blue Exorcist.

And by the time Bleach ends Blue Exorcist will also be over, to think they're not going to add 1 or 2 new shonen anime is just silly they're clearly the biggest money makers on the block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom