• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
note that fairy tail wasn't on the list of shows anymore.

also the name dropping of Final Act in particular.

and the exact reason why Inuyasha got yoinked off.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Bleach will obviously be replaced by another episode of Naruto Shippuden.

Close.

EvrqFml.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Live the Dream, Andrex.

Also don't worry about your numbers in this thread, they'll go up dramatically when we're coordinating MH4U here!

Black Lagoon
Space Dandy
FMA Brotherhood
Samurai Jack
One Piece
Bleach
Sym-Bionic Titan
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Blue Exorcist
Shippuden

congrats, Bleach, you didn't suck

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece
Space Dandy
GITS:SAC
Black Lagoon
Naruto
Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood
Samurai Jack
IGPX
Blue Exorcist
Star Wars:Clone Wars
Bleach
Symbionic Titan
Naruto Shippuden

An extremely strong night. Naruto:Shippuden was the only below average show. Everything above Clone Wars was great and even Bleach was very good.

Bonus, Last Week:

One Piece
GITS:SAC
Black Lagoon
Space Dandy
Bleach
Naruto
Blue Exorcist
Samurai Jack
FMA:B
Star Wars:Clone Wars
IGPX
Naruto:Shippuden
Symbionic Titan

Symbiotic Titan was by far the worst show last night, just a really bland episode and origin story, Shippuden was Shippuden and IGPX was IGPX. Everything else was pretty awesome up and down the line

Well Blue Exorcist was kinda meh but it did make me laugh a few times so that's something

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Last weeks Bleach was probably the best episode I've seen since...I can't remember when and it's still below a bunch of shows last week. Shows how much I enjoy the shows ahead of it.

Amikami

Banned
New thread. Nice. Kinda early though, no?

Last weeks Bleach was probably the best episode I've seen since...I can't remember when and it's still below a bunch of shows last week. Shows how much I enjoy the shows ahead of it.

Well yeah. The animation is what really helped but that's not going to change some of its other bad flaws. It was a bad arc, the characters are still mostly boring, and the end was full of some cliche plot driven moments. Well that's my opinion. The arc went out looking pretty though. Glad that we're going into cannon material though.

Just noticed your tag. lol.

LOLDSFAN

Anonymous Asked: Have you gotten any requests for Inuyasha: The Final Act?
Some, yes!

We've received over 2,000 requests... From the same person...

Anonymous Asked: Did you lose the rights to Igpx?
No, it will be back!

Bleach replacement confirmed. -_-

Looks like I dropped a little. Still in the top 10 tho. /swag

Ehhhh I would have gotten in the top 10 if I wasn't gone for Easter.

letmebeyourstaryu Asked: Since Attack on Titan is going to air in May, what are the most requested shows to be on the toonami block now?
DBZ, Kill La Kill, Hunter X Hunter, Sailor Moon and Jojo’s are the top requests lately.

MikeMyers am cry.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If they get HxH, if they want it to do well they have to put a "FROM THE CREATOR OF YUYU HAKASHO" in the commercial somewhere, and give it top billing. Cause otherwise I see a lot of people laughing it off as too kiddy when it starts.

If they get HxH, if they want it to do well they have to put a "FROM THE CREATOR OF YUYU HAKASHO" in the commercial somewhere, and give it top billing. Cause otherwise I see a lot of people laughing it off as too kiddy when it starts.

Didn't YYH bomb on Toonami? And if people stuck with One Piece they'll stick with HxH

HxH and JoJo are both locks whenever someone finally dubs them, same with Kill La Kill. I think we will see DBZ Kai one day but probably not for awhile unless the plan is to replace Bleach with Kai which makes a lot of sense in terms of popularity.

Sailor Moon Crystal being biweekly probably hurts it unless the episodes are timed in such a way that you could edit air two a week as a 30 minute block

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kill La Kill, especially the back half, is seemingly uneditable for Toonami standards. Unless they work out some amazing edits I can't see it working. Sailor Moon Crystal will happen eventually but it'll need a dub and probably because of its by weekly nature it'll need a decent amount of episodes in the can...which probably means it isn't happening anytime soon.

Kill La Kill, especially the back half, is seemingly uneditable for Toonami standards. Unless they work out some amazing edits I can't see it working. Sailor Moon Crystal will happen eventually but it'll need a dub and probably because of its by weekly nature it'll need a decent amount of episodes in the can...which probably means it isn't happening anytime soon.

Who knows maybe a 2 or 2:30 showing can get away with more

Damn America and its fear of t and a

LOLDSFAN

Fairy Tail is a lot like Blue Exorcist in quality. Only much longer...and more fanservice.

You know the reboot of Fairy Tail is ranked #17 on MyAnimeList. Yeah it's not saying much because there's only been a few episodes shown, but hey that's still pretty good.

Also a quick check has the OG Fairy Tail ranked in the top 100 at #77.

That's higher than Black Lagoon at #246. ¬‿¬

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fairy Tail is popular for a reason. It's well done but totally boiler plate shonen very heavily focused on the power of friendship. It can be hilarious, the art is godly and the dub is quite nice.

Levyne

Banned
Those youtube comments...

People are allowed to have preferences and voice it as obnoxiously as they like, I suppose.

That Q&A was painful to read.

I guess they are forced to answer redundant questions otherwise they'd answer only like three questions.

Raxus

GAF SOS.

Can someone help me find the Wonderful 101 at Toys R Us for 8 bucks? I will pay shipping and everything. My local store is sold out.

Tenumi

Banned
GAF SOS.

Can someone help me find the Wonderful 101 at Toys R Us for 8 bucks? I will pay shipping and everything. My local store is sold out.

At least you still have a local Toys R Us. Mine has been gone for a good 10 years or so.

Eh, They'll figure it out even if everything has to be blurred.

Also, I'm happy I moved up on the who posted list.

Eh, They'll figure it out even if everything has to be blurred.

Also, I'm happy I moved up on the who posted list.

Honestly there are no nipples which seem to be the big thing that gets censored (see Boob monster from Dandy episode 3). The one scene in particular where the entire cast (finale spoilers)
is butt ass naked is shown from the back for the most part, and the few front shots just show lumps with no nipples on the girls

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HJB4u.gif

Seda

Someone needs to make updated banners and stuff for the OP.

I'm not going to change all the images every month, that would be ridiculous x_x. This month I only changed Bleach's image. Last month I changed Shippuden, One Piece, Blue Exorcist, Black Lagoon, Naruto, Samurai Jack. Sometimes I'll cycle in older images too.

why not....Number of banners made for each show:

Bleach: 10
Bebop: 4
Casshern Sins: 1
Deadman Wonderland: 1
Eureka Seven: 4
FLCL: 1
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: 7
Ghost in the Shell: 2
IGPX: 3
Inuyasha: 6
Naruto: 7
Naruto Shippuden: 3
One Piece: 8
Samurai Seven: 1
Samurai Jack: 2
Soul Eater: 7
Space Dandy: 1
Star Wars The Clone Wars: 2
Sword Art Online: 4
Symbionic Titan: 2
Tenchi Muyo GXP: 1
Thundercats: 4

Sometimes finding artwork for a show that fits well into a wide banner is tricky.

Once 'retired' I pick one image and stick with it.

Seda

Also, to be quite honest, I feel the Attack on Titan dub lines shown in promos seem a little iffy (and no, I've never seen a second of the show in Japanese.)

However, it's stupid to judge 500+ minutes of a show with 5 minutes of trailers/promos and I find that out-of-context trailer dialogue (w/ unrelated music playing over it) almost always sounds much worse than the same lines in context. For any dubbed show or video game.

EDIT: And if you're a fan of subbed anime, and you've watched the show already, and you maybe liked it maybe not - does it really bother you that an American television channel is airing a dub months/years later? Why even pay it attention.

ckohler

Kill La Kill, especially the back half, is seemingly uneditable for Toonami standards. Unless they work out some amazing edits I can't see it working.

The only things they might have to edit or cut out would be the scenes featuring
Ragyo's inappropriate touching
. It seemed even big fans of the show thought that was going too far.

As for the nudity however, it's just Barbie doll nudity. In fact, the titans in Attack on Titan are basically the same when you think about it. Just lots of ass shots, nipple-less breasts and zero genitalia.

Man... that's a pretty crazy post I just made. >.<

Tenumi

Banned
Quick reactions of what I recorded from last night.

Bleach: The Rukia/Ichigo shipping is strong with this one. Not that I'm complaining. At least we're finally back to canon...

One Piece:
Really good episode. Heartretching and Heartwarming at the same time. That takes skill.

Blue Exorcist:
'Yer a loose cannon, Rin! Otherwise, episode was... well, interesting.

Black Lagoon: Oink, Oink, Oink. *Bang*

Gorillaz

idk why but the line "you old nazi fuck" from last night on black lagoon made me laugh this morning
KuGsj.gif

like roommates were looking at me like why are you laughing for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom