• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
HJB4u.gif

Why do we keep coming back to him? XD

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This doesn't look like a Toonami thread to me.

iXgygrmxwXwuZ.gif

There.

Now it's a Toonami thread.

Seda

Kinda bored so some quick commentary

Space Dandy: I think I liked this episode even moreso the second time around. It's definitely one of the best of the show, and the English narrator's delivery is perfect. Great soundtrack too.

Bleach: A solid episode actually. While the 'goodbye' to Rukia feels a little strange because of how seldom the two interact anymore, it brings back memories of how the show used to be. I know I'm not alone when I find that the show was much more fun when it focused on the smaller cast rather than loosely focusing on the dozens of soul reapers.

Shippuden: Still a slog, still about 3/4 episodes before it's slightly more tolerable but even then it's still a slog.

One Piece: Sanji is back! Nothing else matters in this episode. (Okay I feel that Robin's 'sacrificing' the world to save her friends is a bit hokey)

Blue Exorcist: I did not care about anything that was happening. The conflict and its resolution were boring. Stand-alone episodes are fine and all but 10 episodes in and I feel like barely any 'storyline' has happened. Every main character has been introduced sufficiently, time for the ball to get rolling I think.

Black Lagoon: So we know Revy is a bit off-kilter, and this episode showed how violent she can get. It was actually a bit scary, but good ol' Dutch knows how to talk her down. The whole scene in the office was great, from the conversation with the old Nazi to the unloaded gun bet. The dialogue is this show is great. Also Revy can't deal with Rock, <insert Crona/Revy mashup>

GitS: I liked the episode but I feel like the Tachikoma are too silly at times and it detracts from everything else. Why are they programmed to sound like young girls anyway.

Samurai Jack: I had a stupid grin the entire episode, especially when he started going rapid-fire with the fairytales.

Clone Wars: I didn't play attention to this episode, should I rewatch it?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bleach: A solid episode actually. While the 'goodbye' to Rukia feels a little strange because of how seldom the two interact anymore, it brings back memories of how the show used to be. I know I'm not alone when I find that the show was much more fun when it focused on the smaller cast rather than loosely focusing on the dozens of soul reapers.

Isn't the real problem here that all of Bleach takes place over a couple of weeks/months so far? Next episode will change that but if you think how much time has passed Rukia and Ichigo being close wasn't all that long ago.

Isn't the real problem here that all of Bleach takes place over a couple of weeks/months so far? Next episode will change that but if you think how much time has passed Rukia and Ichigo being close wasn't all that long ago.

they spent my entire Middle School and High School years in Hueco Mundo.

Seda

I suppose that's true - I guess the larger problem is how bloated the Arrancar/Fake Karakura arc was even though in Bleach time is was only a day or whatever.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Pretty sure that all that time and fighting Aizen happened in 1 day.

Correct.
Despite not feeling like it, the entirety of Hueco Mundo, Fake Karakura and the fight with Aizen was over the course of a day.
Kubo needs to learn how pacing works.

BatDan

Was there even a significant time break between the end of SS and the beginning of Heuco Mundo?

From what I recall...
Ichigo met the Vizords, then the Arrancar started invading.
All the Hueco Mundo business began when Ulquiorra kidnapped Orihime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Found a timeline.

April 1st-School Starts.

Middle of May-Rukia Arrives.

August 1st-SS Arc Begins

August 6th-SS Arc Ends

August 13th-Ichigo's group leaves SS

September 1st- School Starts back up.

Bunch of crap happens with Vizored, Arrancar show up.

October 30th- Orohime gets to say goodbye

Halloween Night- Ichigo finds out, leaves with his bros.

Nov 1st-Aizen is defeated.

December 2nd-Last Nights events.

Found a timeline.

April 1st-School Starts.

August 1st-SS Arc Begins

August 6th-SS Arc Ends

Halloween Night-Orohime gets to say goodbye

Oh hey. Ichigo's group left the SS on my birthday

BatDan

Found a timeline.

April 1st-School Starts.

August 1st-SS Arc Begins

August 6th-SS Arc Ends

Halloween Night-Orohime gets to say goodbye

So it really was all one day...
Kubo is a bad writer!

daveo42

Banned
Found a timeline.

April 1st-School Starts.

August 1st-SS Arc Begins

August 6th-SS Arc Ends

October 30th- Orohime gets to say goodbye

Halloween Night- Ichigo finds out, leaves with his bros.

Holy shit...that's all sorts of ridiculous. It the whole 2nd half of the arrancar arc and Hueco Mundo felt like it should have gone on for close to a week, not a day. Well it's not surprising that Kubo has no sense of pacing an actual timeline.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They spend a ton of time running around Heuco Mundo in the beginning of the arc...but apparently it only took a day!

Honestly it shouldn't be that much of a surprise not a lot of time passed from hueco mundo starting to Aizen's defeat, it was largely just fight after fight after fight most of which happened simultaneously at different places with different characters. Kubo just needed an editor to whack about 75% of the extra Arracar, Soul Reapers, and Vizored from the plot and that would have kept things from dragging as badly as they did.

Seda

No I meant the ones with the blue squares (HAH!) and stuff. Need to update to Toonami's cool new logo and circly things.

Oh. My dividers I borrowed from an old wallpaper they had on toonami.com but their new wallpapers don't work for that.

MikeMyers

Thanks guy.

Watched Bleach. Honestly I enjoyed it, look forward to the Fullbring arc.

On Shippuden now. Not bad, just dragging.

Will watch One Piece afterwards.

MikeMyers

I really enjoyed HxH as a kid but don't want to rewatch it because I wasn't fond of YYH on a rewatch.

Did see the Hunter Exam arc of the 2011 version and thought it was pretty good though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I really enjoyed HxH as a kid but don't want to rewatch it because I wasn't fond of YYH on a rewatch.

Did see the Hunter Exam arc of the 2011 version and thought it was pretty good though.

Yorknew is the peak and it's pulled off masterfully. I've been told Greed Island is head and shoulders above the old OVAs, too. And of course the insanely-long Chimera Ant arc is brand new.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No matter how much I complain about Bleach it really does have fantastic music.

Hell even the openings I don't like are fantastically done and match up with the visuals flawlessly. This one from the Beach episode I giffed has been stuck in my head all day. I keep loading up the episode and watching it. Might have to track down the single tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom