• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May15| Wasting Saturday nights for three years running

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Goddamn she's a zombie!

zHzUPi4.png

Crocodile

I still don't get this plot point. Tons of ninjas in Naruto have and continue to use different charkra styles without having to swap bodies and other shit. Why is it made such a big deal here?

Moaradin

You got me. This is the one thing I've hated about Toonami since it first began back in 1997.

The sad thing is Shippuden is the only show on current Toonami to get one. All because demarco asked if people wanted the real OPs or Toonami made ones, and for some reason people chose the latter :/

Regiruler

I still don't get this plot point. Tons of ninjas in Naruto have and continue to use different charkra styles without having to swap bodies and other shit. Why is it made such a big deal here?
Because only 2 or 3 can be effectively used without some sort of copying technique.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Because most people can only use two or three tops. Anything more than that either means you're Kakashi or a fucking hacker.

ckohler

Serious question:

Tonight we've had four shows with full openings and they've played this music video three times. But they're always saying they can't play full opens because they cut too much into time. Well, it doesn't seem to be. So, what's the deal?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Because she can use all 5 and you aren't supposed to be able to do that.

...canon Naruto quickly forgets about this rule and is already forgetting that the 3rd hokage used all 5 types. But hey, that's Kishimoto for you.

The sad thing is Shippuden is the only show on current Toonami to get one. All because demarco asked if people wanted the real OPs or Toonami made ones, and for some reason people chose the latter :/

Doesn't explain why Bleach's final OP never was aired. :c

I'm still bitter!

Edit: Oh, edited for time OPs are a thing that I forgot.

Serious question:

Tonight we've had four shows with full openings and they've played this music video three times. But they're always saying they can't play full opens because they cut too much into time. Well, it doesn't seem to be.

In KLK's case it had some serious time cut out of it, so it makes sense for that. Not sure about these other shows.

Crocodile

The choice was between cut up openings and Toonami custom ones, not full openings and Toonami customs. Given how bad Toonami opening cuts can be I don't think the choice was that bad given precedent.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

You have to be a pretty OP ninja in naruto to be able to use more than 2 chakra styles, you are naturally born with one element, and can eventually learn two with practice, but to learn AND master all 4 elements is basically kage level and I think the only person who has done it
without being literally godly
is hiruzen the 3rd hokage.

Takashi

Weren't people under the impression that the custom OP's were gonna be on a level similar to the classic Toonami ones? Also it was either that or the butchered OP's.

Moaradin

The choice was between cut up openings and Toonami custom ones, not full openings and Toonami customs. Given how bad Toonami opening cuts can be I don't think the choice was that bad given precedent.

I'll still prefer the chance of a badly cut OP than what we got. Shippuden has a ton of fantastic openings and one of them would have got a decent cut eventually. And they probably could get away with the full OPs on Naruto with it's runtime.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
When people heard "custom openings", we thought we would get "I am the Prince of all Saiyans once again!". But we got nothing on that level.

ReiGun

Serious question:

Tonight we've had four shows with full openings and they've played this music video three times. But they're always saying they can't play full opens because they cut too much into time. Well, it doesn't seem to be. So, what's the deal?

I never got it either. If it was full OP and End, then OK. But just the opening shouldn't eat up that much time.

Regiruler

Sure most can't but many can. Kakashi and The Third could both do so (as an example) without body swapping nonsense. "She can use more than one style" shouldn't be blowing Naruto's mind.
Kakashi has sharingan to help a bit. The third is essentially the show's de facto legend.

Regarding Shippuden, upon airing, the opening HAD to be cut down to 30 seconds, with the alternative option of a custom intro. (Due to Dandy's runtime, I suppose.)

That shouldn't apply now, so maybe the opening will stay?

Looking at the KLK footage, it's like they re-did the whole scene's audio. Making the comparison now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom