• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

LMFAO that dude just straight up jumped to his death

Also, why didn't they just do this to start with and not have the pig portion of the exam?

Because someone insulted her professions so she made a difficult exam on purpose with a hard to prepare dish.

Wha? This count is all sorts of fucked up. They said 50 candidates remained at the mansion. Then right now like 5 people fucked up and died. And i'm sure more than just 3 people gave up. How the fuck are there 42 people? I don't think the narrator knows how to count. Time for Samurai Champloo.

CjCUhNXUoAEsYiD.jpg

Another great episode, when will they say bd release :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I figured Dream Eggs would mean they'd be in a deep sleep, constantly dreaming or something.

..........or hallucinate.

bigkrev

Wha? This count is all sorts of fucked up. They said 50 candidates remained at the mansion. Then right now like 5 people fucked up and died. And i'm sure more than just 3 people gave up. How the fuck are there 42 people? I don't think the narrator knows how to count. Time for Samurai Champloo.

Math works differently in this universe

Crocodile

Because someone insulted her professions so she made a difficult exam on purpose with a hard to prepare dish.

But what was the point of that? It seemed like filler. It didn't give us much insight into the Hunter process or the cast that this retry couldn't have done. It didn't tell us much aside from Menchi, while meaning well, can get vindictive. If she was a main character I guess that might have mattered but otherwise.....meh.

yami4ct

I am guessing the Hunter Exam Committee spends a fortune in bribes every year.

There seems to be very little legal presence in the HxH universe. There are some governments, but they all seem to be focusing on larger things rather than keeping up the safety of the civilians. Hunters are kind of the only major law enforcement.

Long story short, no one in power probably gives a shit that the Hunter Exam is killing people since they benefit from the help of those hunters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, there's an episode in a few weeks where they'll bleep out a word in Champloo because it's "fuck".

I can't wait to see if they kept the old record scratch sound for bleeping out words like back when it originally aired on Adult Swim when the censors were more strict on language.

B.K.

I'm getting the feeling that Hunter x Hunter isn't for me. I've watched every episode so far and have been bored with every one so far.

Raxus

But what was the point of that? It seemed like filler. It didn't give us much insight into the Hunter process or the cast that this retry couldn't have done. It didn't tell us much aside from Menchi, while meaning well, can get vindictive. If she was a main character I guess that might have mattered but otherwise.....meh.

At this point Togashi was still getting a feel for the series and it shows. After this the series settles into a groove.

Also, Battlecry!

I am going to miss this.

I never could get over how easy it is for people to just die on Hunter X Hunter without anyone batting an eye. There's not much consequence for killing anyone in the show either actually.

LMFAO that dude just straight up jumped to his death

Also, why didn't they just do this to start with and not have the pig portion of the exam?

Because that woman has an ego when it comes to cooking I guess. Pretty stupid of her to just demand everyone be fucking Chef Ramsey for her on the spot.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Because this was setup to introduce the badass character of netero

ahem

Keep in mind we're still in the part of the adaptation that's censored, soon it's going to be uncensored to a much greater degree.

I have to ask, why censor the beginning part of the adaption if they're no longer going to hold barreds? Was the 1999 adaption done like this as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom