• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I think it also depends on what kind of person you are. I've read through the entire series but the Hunter Exam remained my favorite part of it.

Maybe the sense of purpose was missing. Maybe the Chimera stuff just wore me out reading it like I did. Maybe I'll feel different watching it all play out instead of exhausting myself with the manga.

But at the moment, this is the best part for me.

I won't spoil anything for the new people jumping on, but it's fair to say every arc of HxH is almost a completely different genre than any other arc. I found the Hunter Exam to be a bit standard shonen and light for me, but later arcs do things far differently and subvert expectations in key ways.

Greed Island
is easily my favorite part. The newest manga arc has potential too.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So why not just have him be the examiner and not have the whole first half of the episode?

Because its to introduce that to be a hunter doesnt mean you are a assassin that kills people for a job, its a job that basically allows you to do anything you want as a profession without things like restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom