• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what was the point of that? It seemed like filler. It didn't give us much insight into the Hunter process or the cast that this retry couldn't have done. It didn't tell us much aside from Menchi, while meaning well, can get vindictive. If she was a main character I guess that might have mattered but otherwise.....meh.

I figured it was a way to bring in the chairman guy and establish how tenuous all this kind of is

yami4ct

I'm getting the feeling that Hunter x Hunter isn't for me. I've watched every episode so far and have been bored with every one so far.

The Hunter Exam isn't at all indicative of the larger series. The end of it shows glimpses of where it goes, but you don't even really see it until the Heaven's Arena arc a bit from now. From there it takes off like a rocket.

When I say you haven't seen anything, I really, really mean you haven't seen anything yet.

Mik317

I'm getting the feeling that Hunter x Hunter isn't for me. I've watched every episode so far and have been bored with every one so far.

it takes a while. I think the old adaptation did a better job of this part. This one wants to get past it and kinda speeds through at times.

I have to ask, why censor the beginning part of the adaption if they're no longer going to hold barreds? Was the 1999 adaption done like this as well?

No, the 1999 anime was more accurate to the manga, and had anime original scenes that were actually pretty well done. But starting from, uh, two arcs from now, the new anime will actually be less censored than the first anime.

For show? You mean...
tumblr_lhthc3JI6R1qbo93oo1_400.jpg

The Hunter Exam isn't at all indicative of the larger series. The end of it shows glimpses of where it goes, but you don't even really see it until the Heaven's Arena arc a bit from now. From there it takes off like a rocket.

I think it also depends on what kind of person you are. I've read through the entire series but the Hunter Exam remained my favorite part of it.

Maybe the sense of purpose was missing. Maybe the Chimera stuff just wore me out reading it like I did. Maybe I'll feel different watching it all play out instead of exhausting myself with the manga.

But at the moment, this is the best part for me.

No, the 1999 anime was more accurate to the manga, and had anime original scenes that were actually pretty well done. But starting from, uh, two arcs from now, the new anime will actually be less censored than the first anime.

Interesting. Would it be worth checking out the 1999 anime to see the differences in motion?

Fashion glasses

why?

Rule of cool.

I think it works well for esculation purposes

Hoping this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom