• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"I WANT SOME VIDEO EVIDENCE, DAMN IT

DID HE KISS YOUR LIPS BETWEEN THE HIPS? DID HE USE YOUR TONGUE ON THE MOUTH DOWN SOUTH?!?!?"

Korigama

Well, missed pretty much everything minus the second half of One Piece. But then, I recorded Hunter x Hunter, as well as Samurai Champloo (which I've seen all of, anyway), and don't watch Naruto. May as well watch the West Coast broadcast.

yami4ct

Oh yeah, so nobody questions why Shinichi no longer wears glasses after this episode.

I think he gets a bit of that in the Japanese version, but it's the change in attitude that mostly gets people.

He also ditches school for a good while not too long after this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh right, so this girl was getting harassed by someone in the manga & Shinichi helps out, hence why she acts very friendly towards Shinichi & has a bit of attraction towards him.

Of course, since the anime doesn't go over this, she just insta-likes him.

oh right, so this girl was getting harassed by someone in the manga & Shinichi helps out, hence why she acts very friendly towards Shinichi & has a bit of attraction towards him.

Of course, since the anime doesn't go over this, she just insta-likes him.

Who doesn't like the malnourished nerd look with a bad haircut?

Line_HTX

Doesn't Funimation already have a relationship with MAPPA? I'm shocked they didn't outbid Sentai for it. It's a show worth grabbing.

It's great if you like 80's styled shonen. Has some great animation too. MAPPA is a real nice up and coming studio.

Yeah, except Punchline soured my view of them. Shit was a waste.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Punchline was super unfunny. I never really understood the popularity of that series.
MAYBE YOU JUST DIDN'T GET THE PUNCH LINE!!

.................I've never seen that series, so I can't judge it, I just wanted to make that joke.

yami4ct

Yeah, except Punchline soured my view of them. Shit was a waste.

Punchline has its moments. Unchikoshi doesn't know how to write comedy that well. It's shown in all his works. Overall story has some neat bits and the animation is good, so MAPPA still doing their job.

You can't blame ufotable for God Eater and Fate/Stay Night being badly written, but that doesn't mean they still don't kill it on the animation.

Line_HTX

MAYBE YOU JUST DIDN'T GET THE PUNCH LINE!!

.................I've never seen that series, so I can't judge it, I just wanted to make that joke.

The plot was dumber than DW and tried to do something with time travel and out of body stuff.

It actually made me angrier than DW.

Moaradin

Stay Night is super boring 90% of the time with sick ass fights being the rest. Just save your time and watch Fate/Zero and just youtube the Stay Night fights.

yami4ct

Stay NIght always sucked but I think there are fans on GAF because damn that anime can look pretty during fights.

ufotable are the current kings of animation. There's no doubt. If they didn't have to deal with God Eater's awful style it already came with, that show would've looked amazing too.

Madhouse are right underneath them and MAPPA is almost level with Madhouse. If any of those guys are doing something, you'll probably be getting some real pretty moments.

Raxus

Ok so now I've seen the scene of Menchi's Life...well that must've been the most blatant zoom in on breasts I have ever seen.

Wasn't Netero staring at her breasts?

Coulda sworn I saw his eyes wonder for a second but maybe it is blatant fanservice.

Odd considering how little the anime has.

Line_HTX

Punchline has its moments. Unchikoshi doesn't know how to write comedy that well. It's shown in all his works. Overall story has some neat bits and the animation is good, so MAPPA still doing their job.

You can't blame ufotable for God Eater and Fate/Stay Night being badly written, but that doesn't mean they still don't kill it on the animation.

I couldn't get into God Eater at all. The whole thing never clicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom