• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Netero staring at her breasts?

Coulda sworn I saw his eyes wonder for a second but maybe it is blatant fanservice.

Odd considering how little the anime has.

His eyes did shifted. Still, I just find it hilarious that they still have to follow it up with that close up. It's not like he provided commentary towards it.

yami4ct

Fate/Zero really isn't great story wise either, but the animation is god tier too. Except Berserker. Berserker was a horrible mistake.

I couldn't get into God Eater at all. The whole thing never clicked.

They were stuck animating a MonHun clone who's story is nonexistent at best and outright bad at worst. It was a doomed endeavor. Trying to emulate the style of the games' Openings pretty much ruined the chance of good animation either. I'm hoping their Zestiria anime turns out better, but they're working with a pretty iffy story source to begin with there. I love Tales, but damn Zesteria's plot was a mess. Feels like a writer left and someone else had to rush to finish what they left.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Translation: "PLEASE HAVE YOUR WAY WITH ME NOW, SENPAI"

Also noticed that thirsty girl was trying to invite him back to her place when he asked for directions lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 71 - The Hunt for Cell Is On! Goku, Back in Action!
12:00 - Samurai Champloo - 15 - Bogus Booty
12:30 - Samurai Champloo - 16-17 - Lullabies of the Lost
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 18 - War of the Words
2:00 - Samurai Champloo - 19 - Unholy Union
2:30 - Samurai Champloo - 20-21 - Elegy of Entrapment

Later.

yami4ct

Sentai filmworks:

If we did it right it may have been a mistake.

What little I've heard of the Parasyte dub isn't as terrible as I'd expect from them. It isn't good, but it isn't Gintama Movie tragic. Their migi seems to actually be pretty good.

Line_HTX

They were stuck animating a MonHun clone who's story is nonexistent at best and outright bad at worst. It was a doomed endeavor. Trying to emulate the style of the games' Openings pretty much ruined the chance of good animation either. I'm hoping their Zestiria anime turns out better, but they're working with a pretty iffy story source to begin with there. I love Tales, but damn Zesteria's plot was a mess. Feels like a writer left and someone else had to rush to finish what they left.

ufotable is gonna get bankrupt because of God Eater.

Oh-hohoho~

What little I've heard of the Parasyte dub isn't as terrible as I'd expect from them. It isn't good, but it isn't Gintama Movie tragic. Their migi seems to actually be pretty good.

Parasyte's dub is mediocre at best. It isn't as worst as Akame Ga Kill's dub. Fuck, that shit was terrible.

Raxus

Hence the motto :p

From what I have seen from them so far Parasyte may be their best dub. It helps that half the cast is emotionless husks so they cant fuck that up TOO badly.

yami4ct

ufotable is gonna get bankrupt because of God Eater.

Oh-hohoho~

Tales team still paying their bills, at least.

They probably want to get that first Heaven's Feel film out pretty quickly, though. Hopefully they don't have to cheap out as some of those fights are gonna be brutal.

Raxus

Well I am headed to bed.

Looking forward to your art SAB!

Sentai Filmworks:

Is english our native tongue? You decide!

Line_HTX

Tales team still paying their bills, at least.

They probably want to get that first Heaven's Feel film out pretty quickly, though. Hopefully they don't have to cheap out as some of those fights are gonna be brutal.

Yeah, I kind of hope so too for completionist's sake. I just want to watch that route just so I can be done with it entirely.

What's the concern about Zestiria? Is it more chaotic than Xillia?

yami4ct

Yeah, I kind of hope so too for completionist's sake. I just want to watch that route just so I can be done with it entirely.

What's the concern about Zestiria? Is it more chaotic than Xillia?

The story is a mess. It feels empty and half finished. The characters are fun, but the overall plot is weird and haphazard. Not sure how much they can do to fix it in a season of anime, since it's weirdly complex too.

It should look great, but since they are adapting the actual game, the plot isn't going to be there.

The ufotable Tales intros have always been great. Berseia's is no slouch either. Hopefully ufotable can come close to matching that at scale.

Line_HTX

The story is a mess. It feels empty and half finished. The characters are fun, but the overall plot is weird and haphazard. Not sure how much they can do to fix it in a season of anime, since it's weirdly complex too.

It should look great, but since they are adapting the actual game, the plot isn't going to be there.

Normally with those, I have low expecations that they'll come out good. The adaptation will be decent at best. I just hope they don't put whatever awful filter they had for God Eater.

Migi was done very well. That's about the lone bright spot on this dub. I'm just waiting for the Cross Ange dub though, heh heh heh

yami4ct

Normally with those, I have low expecations that they'll come out good. The adaptation will be decent at best. I just hope they don't put whatever awful filter they had for God Eater.

They won't. That filter is squarely on the fault of them trying to copy the style of the God Eater OPs.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
WVW69jOl_X47qHoUfq

WVW69jOn--UCDiDTSj

LATER

Line_HTX

What the hell, I almost couldn't find Menchi's arms for a while. It looked pretty jarring, haha

I like your Kanji writing. Have you practiced the "order" of writing it out before?

yami4ct

I just remembered that the Zestiria anime is going to have get a new voice actress for Lailah. That's so sad. She was a real bright spot in that game.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Menchi was the best thing on Toonami tonight. I'm pretty sure she'll be on the sketch.
You know it, lol. Would have drawn her more too, but eh, time...
And your "Brave Hobo Musashi" and Last Blade 2 references over the Champloo ep were on point, lol. I would have drawn something more to either of those (Like Musashi from LB 1!) if time... but.. yeah...

Goku's facing is killing me.

Great sketch SAB!

I totally had to make sure to channel a lecherous Toriyama characters (or... DQ Slimes) for that one. Thanks for reminding me of such things, Bulma!
when-im-trying-to-flirt-with-someone_o_878280.gif

Great stuff SAB.

Sentai Filmworks: Garzey's Wing? Challenge Accepted.

Thanks! Sentai's Garzey's Wing might actually be improved... because... tech has improved since then? Naaa...

What the hell, I almost couldn't find Menchi's arms for a while. It looked pretty jarring, haha

I like your Kanji writing. Have you practiced the "order" of writing it out before?

I blame the original! LoL. Yeah, too many close color shades, hehe.

My Kanji is just done on the spot :) I do try to get the proper strokes, since I know that's a big part of the writing, but it's all by eye. I'm just glad I'm not 100% butchering whatever I attempt to write! I always imagine some Japanese person on miiiverse will ask why I'm insulting their family name, or making fun of the art that is proper Japanese Calligraphy.

You know it, lol. Would have drawn her more too, but eh, time...
And your "Brave Hobo Musashi" and Last Blade 2 references over the Champloo ep were on point, lol. I would have drawn something more to either of those (Like Musashi from LB 1!) if time... but.. yeah...

I'm glad someone at least recognized them, especially glad it was you. Hey, it had to be said. Both great games.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If I got fed up with anime being goofy or such easily, tonights HxH might turn me off the show. That first half seemed EXTREMLY against everything they've been building up over the first episodes. Gon, who'se sense of smell solves situations that have nothing to do with smell, couldn't attempt to do something more with a cooking contest than "the same thing, but with flowers!"?

Noone tried anything to appease 2 judges more than "make one dish that has only one theme to it"?

Even tying the need to cook to the survival skills a hunter needs would have been nice. It all just felt really lazy and half-hearted for the show. And then watching people JUMP TO THEIR DEATHS without any thought that an updraft might have to be TIMED or JUDGED before jumping into a deep chasm just seemed like killcountpron.

Old man Netoro or what's his name just started watching "Seven Deadly Sins" on Netflix like me, so he was just letting out his inner Meliodas with that stare. I'm OK with that. ;-)

I'm glad someone at least recognized them, especially glad it was you. Hey, it had to be said. Both great games.

Totally glad to catch some stuff here, even if I'm only with the chatting here until the heavy sketchin' time starts, ha.

Brave Fencer was a game I got on one of my better Birthdays for games ever, and I'll always remember his death quotes, lol. "If I get Re-incarnated, I want to be MUSASHI again!" or "Such a Short Life..." I'm always glad when it's not just my brother or I who remember the game!

*And even Musashi 2's dynamic cutting system. Zandatsu 1.0!*

Speaking of Last Blade 2, boy I hope that PS4/Vita version is good and has a good netcode. I don't think it'll be good, but i can still hope.

It really should be SNK's trial run of Netcode that will be in XIV, but that's highly unlikely. Especially with it being a Code Mystics job...

*Awaiting the KoF XIV tourney from Stunfest, which I think is streaming Here soon..*

yami4ct

If I got fed up with anime being goofy or such easily, tonights HxH might turn me off the show. That first half seemed EXTREMLY against everything they've been building up over the first episodes. Gon, who'se sense of smell solves situations that have nothing to do with smell, couldn't attempt to do something more with a cooking contest than "the same thing, but with flowers!"?

Noone tried anything to appease 2 judges more than "make one dish that has only one theme to it"?

Even tying the need to cook to the survival skills a hunter needs would have been nice. It all just felt really lazy and half-hearted for the show. And then watching people JUMP TO THEIR DEATHS without any thought that an updraft might have to be TIMED or JUDGED before jumping into a deep chasm just seemed like killcountpron.

Old man Netoro or what's his name just started watching "Seven Deadly Sins" on Netflix like me, so he was just letting out his inner Meliodas with that stare. I'm OK with that. ;-)

Give it a bit more time. The Hunter Exam arc is very, very much a lighter groundwork that the rest of the show builds on. It becomes something wholly different starting around episode 27 and fully completes its transformation by episode 37.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Give it a bit more time. The Hunter Exam arc is very, very much a lighter groundwork that the rest of the show builds on. It becomes something wholly different starting around episode 27 and fully completes its transformation by episode 37.

Worry not, I have no intention of dropping it... especially since it's "free" anime I'm not buying DVDs or Blu-rays for, and I definitely want to learn to appreciate the characters like all the series fans do.

I'm just surprised how... *eh* some of these situations feel. I could imagine dropping the show in the past, if I had to chose between buying the next disk or another series, y'know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom