• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's Souls' birthday but the internet absolutely failed me in finding that one Inyuasha gif.

tumblr_m512717DtG1qbdjeho1_500.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sees pre-order of OP Burning Blood shipped yesterday, arrived at 2:30 a.m. in town today*

oh please let UPS deliver it to me today so I don't have to wait until Tuesday.....

I actually liked the Gundam novels. They were my first actual exposure to the series. I mainly picked it up because it looked like Robotech/Battletech.

I believe it only covers Mobile Suit Gundam, not anything after it, but it's been a while since I read them.

Wow someone responded to me, thanks!

I'm kind of curious to read them but I heard
Amuro dies in the 3rd book
. so I'm guessing it was made waaaaaaay before Char's counterattack was a thought.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, celebrate the unofficial start of summer with a romp through the western parts of Edo-era Honshu. It's three and a half hours of hip hop and samurai in the Memorial Day Weekend Champloo marathon.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 71 - The Hunt for Cell Is On! Goku, Back in Action!
12:00 - Samurai Champloo - 15 - Bogus Booty
12:30 - Samurai Champloo - 16-17 - Lullabies of the Lost
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 18 - War of the Words
2:00 - Samurai Champloo - 19 - Unholy Union
2:30 - Samurai Champloo - 20-21 - Elegy of Entrapment

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seems like Unholy Union will be the only "bad" episode of the night. We get Bogus Booty, War of the Words, AND Elegy of Entrapment again.

I have come to terms that I hate Gundam Wing and it is a very bad show. I've only watched 13 episodes but I am slowly dying, and people tell me it only gets worse. I choose to leave this to my imagination before I go insane. At this point I think I can only watch Gundam show weekly, except for G Gundam cuz that one owns.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I have come to terms that I hate Gundam Wing and it is a very bad show. I've only watched 13 episodes but I am slowly dying, and people tell me it only gets worse. I choose to leave this to my imagination before I go insane. At this point I think I can only watch Gundam show weekly, except for G Gundam cuz that one owns.

Indeed

I hope we get the Blu-Ray here. Even if it's not dubbed. Tomokazu Seki still top tier.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The G Gundam Blu-Rays are downright amazing. You can actually see the backgrounds and read the text on signs. It brings a tear to me eye. And people say anime looked better in the 90s.

I didn't even know that many colors existed in G Gundam. I will actually probably buy these.
Holy crap, that is AMAZING restoration. Sure hope they bring that here, props for really bringing out the color.

"I'ma play Overwatch"

1 day later

i-have-no-idea.jpg

Play on custom maps alone for a bit, figure out where you can go with what hero. The maps are designed so that different heroes with mobility options like Hanzo, Genji or Pharah can maneuver in different ways around the map unlike slower heroes like Roadhog or Bastion. Also memorize where health kits spawn.

Learn sound queues, the game is built around them. This will take a while but I made an entire thread about the outstanding level of work that went into Blizzard's Play by Sound philosophy. It's made so that you will pick it up subconsciously like a Pavlovian dog, but learn 'em anyway.

Stating out, I'd recommend the easiest from each group - Soldier: 76, Bastion, Reinhardt or Mercy. They are all the standard of their class - damage dude, defense dude, big tanky guy and a straight up healer.

Don't use your ult as soon as you get it. Don't be afraid to switch characters to meld with your team's setup. Try and play in a group, it makes it a lot easier to communicate and form plans. If you are a person who kills dudes, prioritize. Especially if its Mercy. Mercy > Everyone.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
After One Piece: Burning Blood on Tuesday, June is gonna be packed:

7th: Odin Sphere LE
10th: Kirby + amiibo
24th: Tokyo Mirage Sessions LE
28th: Zero Time Dilemma (+ watch, yay for pre-ordering last year as soon as the listing went up on Amazon) & Jojo Eyes of Heaven (when the hell is that gonna confirm a retail or digital-only release)

& I still need to play more Valkyria Chronicles Remastered.

Next with me is probably Zero Time Dilemma.

Lots of games coming out, beat DOOM, beat uncharted 4, still playing overwatch, Hearthstone and WoW, almost done with Fallout 4 Far Harbor, haven't even touched Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, still working through Fire Emblem Birthright...ugh.

Deus Ex is sometime soon, kind glad no man's sky got delayed cuz I want to give that a good try out of curiosity. I'll give that Odin Sphere remake a try, never played the original but I like Muramasa and Dragon's Crown. Will prob skip GGxrd:R. Skipping Eyes of Heaven. Will give Star Ocean 5 a shot, need a long ass JRPG.

I need to keep track of what I've beaten so far, doing pretty good this year. Might actually hit 52 if I keep lazing on other backlogs and cut back on the Blizzard/Valve multiplayer games

i liked the idea of Mirror's Edge more than i actually liked Mirror's Edge

Same

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How many were Viz exclusives? Wonder if one of them would replace Champloo since that ends at the last Toonami in June.

Mizerman

The G Gundam Blu-Rays are downright amazing. You can actually see the backgrounds and read the text on signs. It brings a tear to me eye. And people say anime looked better in the 90s.

I didn't even know that many colors existed in G Gundam. I will actually probably buy these.

*Nods in satisfaction*

Line_HTX

Yep, only Viz Media titles will remain on Hulu after June 1st.

Speaking of which, how's the usability of Hulu? I never tried it before.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
wtf, playing VC Remastered, I have the ability to recruit a shocktrooper that's a 12-YEAR-OLD GIRL. WHO LOOKS AS TALL AS THE 17 OR 25 YEAR OLD GIRLS WHO'RE ALSO SHOCKTROOPERS

suspension of disbelief broken, can't take this game seriously anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom