• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The problem was they chose Hamtaro when they really should've shown Oruchuban Ebichu, that raunchy comedy anime Gainax made in 1999.

......................I'd insert a gif here that's a good representation of the show, but I don't know any that'd be SFW, so....

155157_nq1acf0ty5we673lv4h9pigukjr2b8xmzosd.gif

....actually, Ebichu's VA is the same woman who voiced Sailor Moon, which is rather funny when you've seen the series & know the type of stuff she has to stay.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So when Jojo is dubbed and if it comes to Toonami, who's going to stick with the Japanese names?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cartoon Network's newest strategy: make crossovers that make no damn sense.

So when Jojo is dubbed and if it comes to Toonami, who's going to stick with the Japanese names?
Everyone but the show. Hell, I'd probably be the one to point out the original names.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Teen Titans Go is actually fine but I heard that new Powerpuff Girls was real bad

Yeaaaaah...
It's lazily animated, it's not funny, it misses the point of the original, as you can see with "Bubbles No Me Gusta" it's loaded with memes (not the only instance) and it just makes you wonder "Why?"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nope, every episode of TTG is pure bliss. I like it better now than the original series, and I loved Teen Titans.

Having seen some (but not all) of Teen Titans Go, it feels like a hit and miss show where the hit episodes are good and the miss episodes are really bad.

The Powerpuff Girls reboot? That thing is utter trash and I don't expect it to be cancelled after one season because of course it will.

Crocodile

Having seen some (but not all) of Teen Titans Go, it feels like a hit and miss show where the hit episodes are good and the miss episodes are really bad.

The Powerpuff Girls reboot? That thing is utter trash and I don't expect it to be cancelled after one season because of course it will.

This is an accurate assessment of TTG. I think its more hit than miss IMO but the bad episodes are REALLY bad. What little I've seen of PPG Reboot has been bad too.

Mizerman

I can agree with this.

Line_HTX

Erica Mendez ‏@tsunderica 2h2 hours ago

You're going to hear a little more of me on Toonami starting June 4th... I'm Cracker Griffon & Elgar in Gundam: IBO!

CjhEB8DUoAEdhe2.png
CjhEB0pUoAEo4C2.jpg

We have officially moved into the Erica Mendez block. But at least there's still JYB and Bryce!

If people stopped doing deals/working with mysteriously masked men in the Gundam Universes...

...how many wars/conflicts would that prevent?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Erica Mendez ‏@tsunderica 2h2 hours ago

You're going to hear a little more of me on Toonami starting June 4th... I'm Cracker Griffon & Elgar in Gundam: IBO!

CjhEB8DUoAEdhe2.png
CjhEB0pUoAEo4C2.jpg

We have officially moved into the Erica Mendez block. But at least there's still JYB and Bryce!
She's a what?

BBboy20

I recently realized that channel 48 has been the one constant in my life in regards of Toonami>Adult Swim Action>Adult Swim Saturdays>NuToonami and if it was not for this constant, I may have not discovered you guys or this site.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So there was a Toonami Panel at Animazement yesterday, which I of course had to attend.

It was pretty nice, watched the final parts of Intruder 1, the first Toonami intros, stuff like that. People went over their memories of the block too, and it's new life.

The presenter mentioned that all the motivationals are Steve Blum's idea, as well as ending Original Toonami with a BANG.

All good stuff! Now do I come home a bit early and Ske'dump a Champloo Marathon, or find myself into some late night Video Room and chill there for a few hours...

Expect to see me here for the Dump, lol.
No late night Video Room dive can ever equal the time I sat and watched Blazing Transfer Student in a cramped little video room until like 3AM.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, I wouldn't want to cause a RIOT! (Unless it's the good kind! (?))

I was thinking of going pure Miiverse Black and White stuff on this, or the Marathon-style collage thing. Sometimes I like to bum around and just draw WHATEVER I WANT during a Marathon night, but I think Champloo deserves the actual focus.

Open to a variety of suggestions! :)

Well, I wouldn't want to cause a RIOT! (Unless it's the good kind! (?))

I was thinking of going pure Miiverse Black and White stuff on this, or the Marathon-style collage thing. Sometimes I like to bum around and just draw WHATEVER I WANT during a Marathon night, but I think Champloo deserves the actual focus.

Open to a variety of suggestions! :)

I think nothing would be more fitting than a historically accurate hip hop edo period japan graffiti style drawing. Just get in touch with your inner tagger and let loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom