• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
I can understand that. I think it helps I had no expectations for it, and after finding out it was by the same peeps as Darker than Black, I THEN expected "You probably won't really remember any of this, but it's fun to watch while it's on!"

And that's pretty much how it's been. I actually get a bit bummed when our *superior* western dub ending theme music kicks in. Reminds me of how I felt watching Gun X Sword, in that I had issues with it, but I enjoyed my time with it, and am more happy I saw the show, rather than holding it in a bad light over what I disliked.

I mean, they dig holes. Which is useful for getting around right now. First they felt they owed Kiyoma a debt for helping them, but that's been resolved, so I guess they could fall off after this?

On whether this is a bad adaptation... I dunno. Unlike most Toonami shows that stick to the manga close enough that I don't feel I'd need to hunt them down, I like our colorful cast of characters and semi-unique setup enough that I might actually look into the Dimension W Manga at some point...

I started to buy some of the One Punch Man manga because of how well received it is here, and I look at the rest of the stuff on shelves... and between "disturbingly young fanservice a-hoy!" and "teen teen, and more teens! In immature situations!", I often wonder what in the world a person well out of that age range SHOULD be buying.

One of the last Manga I purchased before that was:

230px-Solanin.jpg

And that was pretty different feeling to... most anything, which I really appreciated.

If you've never read it, Vagabond was amazing, art style was also incredible too which helps a lot, and it explores some more adult themes.

Also, I'd give Fist of the North Star a read, I had a lot of fun with that manga, as the art style is just amazing. If you're a fan of 70's/80's metal album covers, each panel could easily be one. Its amazing

Jarate

Banned
I am back at my humble abode after like 2 weeks of being away

I'm very excited to pet my kitty, sleep in my own bed, and shower in not shit showers

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I thought of something. What if Dimension W isn't getting replaced, but rather moving down the lineup?

It would be something like:
DBZ Kai
Hunter x Hunter
Samurai Champloo
Shippuden
One Piece
Dimension W
Parasyte.

Grexeno

I thought of something. What if Dimension W isn't getting replaced, but rather moving down the lineup?

It would be something like:
DBZ Kai
Hunter x Hunter
Samurai Champloo
Shippuden
One Piece
Dimension W
Parasyte.
I considered this but didn't think they'd want to lose a premiere slot

Its possible but I would assume that wasn't the plan and something fell through last minute if dimension w and parasyte are both rerunning in 2 weeks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe Sentai will try to get BTOOM! on the block. It's basically Battle Royale but WITH GRENADES AND MORE EXPLOSIONS!!!

.....also a touch of SAO because it's based on a MMO but the MC now has to play it in real life....though thankfully unlike Kirito, he's not Gamer Jesus whose gamer skills magically transfer to the real world.

If the new show is One Punch Man, I hope we get a commercial tonight is just a condensed version of the first scene of the first episode, where not!Piccolo is blowing stuff up, brags to Saitama about how powerful he is, and Saitama one-punches him. Then cut to the title and start time. Then show Saitama in the grocery store.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll be amazed if we got a commercial tonight revealing the show, but that's what they did for Champloo, so it's possible.

Jarate

Banned
Me and Demarco are close friends, and for my birthday he wants to announce something...

We need an Adult Swim spy to figure out stuff, who wants to bribe someone!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Easily in the top 5 for me.

I'm keeping an eye on the newly released DVD set, which is going for $28 right now on Amazon.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Piccolo faces off with the unknown monster and finds there's much more to this guy than meets the eye, Kyouma catches up to Loser and learns more about Loser's past and the coil known as Genesis, the first test of the Hunter Exam continues as the applicants keep on running and running and...how long was this tunnel again?, the trio comes across a cult of religious nuts called "Christians," Guren attempts to sacrifice herself to battle against Kabuto and the Three-Tails rages out of control, Nami's group find themselves in Perona's garden and confronted with hordes of animals zombies including one particularly strange penguin-dog thing, and Shinichi and Migi take on Mr. A as he rampages through the school.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 68 - The Monster Goes into Motion... Strike of the Super Namekian!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 69 - I Am Your Brother! The Monster With Goku's Energy!
12:30 - Dimension W - 11 - The Lost Genesis
1:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 4 - Hope × and × Ambition
1:30 - Samurai Champloo - 19 - Unholy Union
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 111 - Shattered Promise
2:30 - One Piece - 345 - A Bunch of Animals? Perona's Wonder Garden!
3:00 - Parasyte -the maxim- - 4 - Tangled Hair

ckohler

Is the Adult Swim schedule on their website wrong? It says Toonami starts at 11:00 pm Eastern (10:00 pm Central)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom