• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Yeah, HxH is pretty fun.
If it keeps it up, it might reach Fairy Tail tier.

Fun is such a funny word to describe what watching HxH is like.

I think "distressing" is a more apt term. It doesn't reach Sicario levels (the highest level of distress a movie has reached), but it gets pretty high up there.

Raxus

Funimation is banking so much off of MHA I find it hard to believe they wouldn't push it to make it on Toonami eventually.

Regiruler

mhHlqUx.png

Dimension W: May 14
Samurai Champloo: June 25
Parasyte -the maxim-: September 24
Dragon Ball Z Kai: November 26, 2016 (not including Buu Arc), January 27, 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Hunter x Hunter: February 9, 2019
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I need to post more

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What did Kabuto gain with this deception?

Couldn't he have just been himself?

He couldn't have had a glorious reveal if he hadn't disguised himself.

The real reason is the filler team needed another few episodes to give Kishi some more room to run before going back to cannon.

Funimation is banking so much off of MHA I find it hard to believe they wouldn't push it to make it on Toonami eventually.

I know a lot of people on these boards were surprised that MHA is only 12 episodes, so perhaps Toonami preferred to wait until another season comes out next year.

Regiruler

He couldn't have had a glorious reveal if he hadn't disguised himself.

The real reason is the filler team needed another few episodes to give Kishi some more room to run before going back to cannon.

Not going to lie, the reactions kinda made up for some of this shit

EDIT: Checking the full list, there's an approx. 70 post drop from b-dubs to me. Jesus.

Raxus

I know a lot of people on these boards were surprised that MHA is only 12 episodes, so perhaps Toonami preferred to wait until another season comes out next year.

It's possible but a big question mark. We did get Space Dandy S1 repeats until S2 aired but that was a whole new beast entirely. We have lots of good options now but Toonami has picked odd shows in the past.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It's possible but a big question mark. We did get Space Dandy S1 repeats until S2 aired but that was a whole new beast entirely. We have lots of good options now but Toonami has picked odd shows in the past.

My Hero Academia wouldn't be an odd show for the block, quite the opposite actually, which is probably the real problem.

BBboy20

So, was this Magician dude inspired by JoJo because I wouldn't be surprised that others would have mistaken him for such a character.

Iron Man 3 done yesterday, today is Dark World...just after trying out this Paragon beta.

I think "distressing" is a more apt term. It doesn't reach Sicario levels (the highest level of distress a movie has reached), but it gets pretty high up there.
Wait, really?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, was this Magician dude inspired by JoJo because I wouldn't be surprised that others would have mistaken him for such a character.

Iron Man 3 done yesterday, today is Dark World...just after trying out this Paragon beta.

Wait, really?

HxH can get really fucking dark.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The thing that bugs me is that I don't WANT to dislike Dimension W, that it had a decent plot & set-up, not to mention setting, but it just fails to deliver. Maybe if I check the manga out, I'll like it more since it sees to take its time with giving you details about the world & plot.

I can understand that. I think it helps I had no expectations for it, and after finding out it was by the same peeps as Darker than Black, I THEN expected "You probably won't really remember any of this, but it's fun to watch while it's on!"

And that's pretty much how it's been. I actually get a bit bummed when our *superior* western dub ending theme music kicks in. Reminds me of how I felt watching Gun X Sword, in that I had issues with it, but I enjoyed my time with it, and am more happy I saw the show, rather than holding it in a bad light over what I disliked.

Edit: Ya know, while I'm at it, why are these mole digger kids still hanging around? They did one thing with the robot, but after that, they've just followed our heroes around, doing nothing & if anything are more of an annoyance because Mira had to save them when the floor dropped underneath them.

If anything, I feel like this is more a bad adaptation than a bad anime, but not having read the manga, I don't know how much this statement can hold truth.

I mean, they dig holes. Which is useful for getting around right now. First they felt they owed Kiyoma a debt for helping them, but that's been resolved, so I guess they could fall off after this?

On whether this is a bad adaptation... I dunno. Unlike most Toonami shows that stick to the manga close enough that I don't feel I'd need to hunt them down, I like our colorful cast of characters and semi-unique setup enough that I might actually look into the Dimension W Manga at some point...

I started to buy some of the One Punch Man manga because of how well received it is here, and I look at the rest of the stuff on shelves... and between "disturbingly young fanservice a-hoy!" and "teen teen, and more teens! In immature situations!", I often wonder what in the world a person well out of that age range SHOULD be buying.

One of the last Manga I purchased before that was:

230px-Solanin.jpg

And that was pretty different feeling to... most anything, which I really appreciated.

We're all discussing The Lost Village over in the anime thread, and how it's amazing.

This show is amazing. Best mystery anime in a long time.

Also I spoiled myself on a few things in HxH.

It does get dark.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
We're all discussing The Lost Village over in the anime thread, and how it's amazing.

This show is amazing. Best mystery anime in a long time.

Also I spoiled myself on a few things in HxH.

It does get dark.

I saw one episode of that and dropped it and I have no regrets.

BBboy20

http://xfire.com/

Was wondering what was up and turns out it was shutdown yesterday.

I'll admit, I've used much less of it in the past half-decade but...shit, the memories I've had from 2007 to after 2010.

Jarate

Banned
I think i'll stay with phoenix Wright in the hope it gets successful and can have a budget next season

I also won't watch some other shows in fears of a Toonami viewership, as I'd like to experience the group watch

You look at Kuma, and think "Oh this looks kinda like Barakamon, only with bears. I bet it'll be great."

Then you watch the first episode....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom