• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May16| The Ministry of Silly Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

It is a shame you skipped again. I live for fresh reactions to stuff like that.
Yeah, I feel guilty about it. I just couldn't resist. I'll stop here for now. It seems like a pretty good stopping point.

For what it's worth, I was already pretty aware of the general future plot points and events in the series. I just haven't seen them. Also, I'm still completely blind regarding HxH, Samurai Champloo, and Shippuden. Heck, even current DBZ is mostly unknown to me.

Is there anyone in the thread that hasn't gotten past the current point of One Piece?
I'm pretty sure half of us are caught up with the manga.
I'd be curious to know this also. I know Seda has not.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Regarding One Piece, I know what the Warriors games spoil. I watched from Toonami-of-old time to the end of Enel's arch, then skipped ALLLL the way ahead to the Timeskip, and have seen... everything since then. Except maybe a special or something.

I have ideas of Thriller Bark, but no full episode details. Feels good seeing something that introduces things that are relevant in the past, that still feels goofy at the moment.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yup. And I really don't care much about spoilers anyway: "Surprise" is a factor in enjoying a show, but the actors performances, musical score, and animation still also have a LOT to do with it, and even a recreation never hits those things in the same way.

Though there have been times where Warriors games make moments EVEN COOLER, so I look forward to seeing how badly the more original interpretations hold up! ;-)

Regiruler

1L3IsS.gif

Best naruto filler ep ever.

"Team Ten" was technically filler but w/e

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
astebreed is odd :V
I need to get around to playing this, finally bought it when it was on sale on PSN.

I have such a huge digital backlog on my PS3 & PS4. Hell, I need to figure out when to give Yakuza 4 a shot because I want a nice, long first impression of it instead of just 30 minutes or an hour.....& this PSN Golden Week sale didn't help since I bought Digital Devil Saga when I haven't even started the two SMT Devil Summoner titles....

I beat the new Ratchet and Clank.

The movie may be bad, but the game is fun, and if it leads to more games of this quality, I'll be a happy man.

Also they finally made the Sheepinator not suck.

You can still have fresh reactions. Like half the shows on the block are things i've seen already. Excluding any Shippuden and One Piece filler arcs of course. I still try to react as if it were the first time I'm seeing things.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Or be like me & do your best to act like you haven't seen something to the point people believe you & ask "wait, have you not seen this?" when making a post during a show, despite saying beforehand you've seen it when the show's confirmed to air on Toonami. That's when you know you're doing a good job.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dubs are still new enough that a lot of the recent shows have been fresh experiences. I haven't seen most of what OP showed dubbed, nor any of KlK or HxH. Dimension Ass is fresh as hell, and I've not seen this bit of Shippuden either. I've seen all of Kai dubbed. This is the third or fourth time I've seen most of these Champloo episodes, and I've obviously seen Parasyte.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I find rewatching something can give me a fresh perspective on it.

Dimension W is unfortunately one of those things...
Oh yeah, especially if you watch it dubbed when your first watch was subbed, like with Parasyte. Sometimes, hearing something can have a different effect on you compared to reading it.

I have to say, it's been great rewatching Champloo considering I've forgotten a bunch of stuff when watching it back on Adult Swim over 5 years ago.

Soulflarz

Banned
I need to get around to playing this, finally bought it when it was on sale on PSN.

I have such a huge digital backlog on my PS3 & PS4. Hell, I need to figure out when to give Yakuza 4 a shot because I want a nice, long first impression of it instead of just 30 minutes or an hour.....& this PSN Golden Week sale didn't help since I bought Digital Devil Saga when I haven't even started the two SMT Devil Summoner titles....

its like
2.5hr long

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why is he using a mask in a world where you can just transform into the person perfectly with a jutsu? Swag factor.

I still need to decide what I'm going to get from the Golden Week sale on the PSN store. Quite a few games I'm interested in.

You'd better hurry. I don't have any free money till like next Wednesday so I'm going to miss the sale. Kinda broken up about it. Lot of cool looking games.

KIZNAIVER continues to be a pretty enjoyable show. Perhaps the most surprising thing about it is how it feels like a slice of life show. Things are probably gonna amp up, but so far everything seems fairly relaxed and focused on character building.

Ah yes, Beware the Batman.

Remember how Batman killed Ra's al Ghul with a sword made of ghosts or something?

Remember that memorable moment?

Moaradin

Kiznaiver is pretty enjoyable so far. It somehow manages to not feel like a Trigger show at all yet it does at the same time lol.

One exam down.

For the first time in my life, I walked out a class angry. I usually have nothing but praise for most teachers believe it or not. I think most of them really do try their best, and care for their students.
This is one of those rare times where I feel safe saying this teacher hated teaching, and disliked her students.

Regiruler

That was so fucking unnecessary too.

Hilarious but unnecessary.
One exam down.

For the first time in my life, I walked out a class angry. I usually have nothing but praise for most teachers believe it or not. I think most of them really do try their best, and care for their students.
This is one of those rare times where I feel safe saying this teacher hated teaching, and disliked her students.

I can only think of 3 teachers I disliked outright. One was for home ec in 7th grade, the other two were lab overseers that clearly didn't do this as their primary job.

Jarate

Banned
Ive had a multitude of teachers despise everything about me. I had really bad undiagnosed ADHD up until about 9th grade so I could see why, im also the king of shitposting even irl.

Cornbread78

Ive had a multitude of teachers despise everything about me. I had really bad undiagnosed ADHD up until about 9th grade so I could see why, im also the king of shitposting even irl.

Ridolin works wonders until your friends start stealing it to snort, so you can't get it refilled....

Jarate

Banned
Ridolin works wonders until your friends start stealing it to snort, so you can't get it refilled....

I got concerta and hoard that shit like a dragon with their gold, I need it far too much to give it out to others or let others steal it, but im very very picky about my friends, as someone who's loved by practically everyone irl for some reason I have a surprisingly low amount of "friends" in life because ive been burnt out far too many times by other people.

It's weird going from someone who was hated by most of his high school into being someone who is loved by everyone really fast. I still have a lot of social insecurities and issues with trust still, but I guess it's nice that people seem to enjoy my prescence nowadays

and it's spelled Ritalin ;p

Jarate

Banned
I always hated birthdays in early May.

eRVnmns.gif

mine's the 7th, and I like it a lot. I get about halfway through the year between christmas, which means that my parents had enough time to kind of recoup their present ideas and get me new ones

Post 21st birthday, I stopped giving a shit about it. I may go out and get super drunk again, but im still not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom