• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already figured it out, guys. That thing contained a hallucinogenic venom and both of them have it and theyre only imagining the chasing monster.

Am I the only one that doesn't find this weird? They're both adults, and I thought this direction has been obvious for a while now. Their awkward developing romance is pretty amusing.

it's the age and the whole teacher thing

him having an old man beard for half the show probably made it worse than it would be otherwise

Morlas

Jack is physically the same age as he started, and Ashi is a fully grown adult....it's not like the 1000 year old dragon loli trope

The age difference makes it pretty fuckin wierd.

I mean, Jack's stopped aging and Aish's, presumably, an adult. This isn't exactly the first time in fiction that a character has been paired up romantically with an immortal(?).

Only reason it comes off as weird is because we were introduced to Aishi when she was a little kid.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Am I the only one that doesn't find this weird? They're both adults, and I thought this direction has been obvious for a while now. Their awkward developing romance is pretty amusing.

No and I can read between the lines, Ashi is would be more then any other friend a profound attachment to the current era.

cntr

Banned
Lewd.

It's just really stereotypical and predictable in an action movie way, and I'm not into that.

people complaining about tumblr are stupid, though

Crocodile

I'm probably less bothered than my posts let on. I will say though it's less the "shipping" and more like they are acting more like teenagers who might be falling in love for the first time rather than adults that might have a romance brewing. Again though, I'm not like FURIOUS or anything - I just didn't expect this and its more awkward than I would expect/write.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
All I like about this King Arthur movie is it looks like a videogame and it uses one of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm probably less bothered than my posts let on. I will say though it's less the "shipping" and more like they are acting more like teenagers who might be falling in love for the first time rather than adults that might have a romance brewing. Again though, I'm not like FURIOUS or anything - I just didn't expect this and its more awkward than I would expect/write.

I mean, they're both basically teenagers in this regard given their upbringings and histories.

Xe4

Banned
Jack is physically the same age as he started, and Ashi is a fully grown adult....it's not like the 1000 year old dragon loli trope
Well, it's actually thr posited problem.

There no problem in the physical age difference like with the 1000 year old dragon trope.

There is a problem with the mental age difference though, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom