• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Probably the weakest episode. Good animation at least.

What was that city in the preview? The one from the episode where he piloted the giant mech?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, it wasn't so much the moment but the music, Frank Sinatra and Samurai Jack just do not work on a thematic level.

Crocodile

So how many episodes do we have left? 2 or 3? If we only have two I'll be a bit annoyed just because I felt that might not leave enough time for a good conclusion.

Xe4

Banned
So...that happened.

Is it safe to call this the worst episode so far?
Opinions will vary, but I think it's easily the worst. First episode I actually disliked. Hope it doesn't continue. I really want this show to nail the ending.

Time for Super!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ohhhh my god, I hit a huge plot point in Persona 5, & I had to stop right at a crucial save point & gotta wait until after Toonami to figure out the rest of it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So...that happened.

Is it safe to call this the worst episode so far?

I thought it was fine, unnecessary nudity notwithstanding.

I feel like everybody was mad just because Jack and Ashi got together. Like, the whole episode people were like "why is this happening"

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm calling it next Samurai Jack episode

Guardian: Jack only a man pure of mind, spirit AND body can use the time portal. You out of luck!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
We might get a Super that's better than Jack this week. Weird.

But yeah, two episodes. We'll see how it's all handled.

How many times have we complained about weak ass little baby anime protagonists who never just come out with or even worse, Dandy and Scarlet? Is that what you guys want? We finally have an adult protagonist who isn't afraid to declare his feelings for someone and doesn't got cock blocked by fate. Let's be happy, ToonamiGAF. Love is in the air.

Ponn

Banned
Maybe I missed something but did they ever reveal Ashi's lineage? I mean what if this turns out to be some Oldboy shit happening?

Morlas

I enjoyed the episode, but hopefully this means that Genndy can focus on what jack is good at, cool action and atmosphere...looks like we might get that next week.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Also didn't care for how heavy handed the shipping was for the episode, Samurai Jack is a better storyteller then that.

cntr

Banned
tbh, I have to say that S5's pretty rough overall. It just feels a bit too rushed, which doesn't really work with the focus on romance and character development. It should've covered way less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom