• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just realized this is the first episode since the announcement that it's coming back for a brief moment in Jump. Neat.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I imagine it's there because there was no other place to put it.

Japan's infrastructure is also such that it doesn't make much difference. Getting to JFK from my apartment in Brooklyn can take nearly as long as getting to Narita from Tokyo does.

cntr

Banned
RAIN.

Japan's infrastructure is also such that it doesn't make much difference. Getting to JFK from my apartment in Brooklyn can take nearly as long as getting to Narita from Tokyo does.
To be fair, it probably takes longer to get between places in Tokyo than it does to get there from Narita either.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You're all going to die.

By the way, I believe this episode approximately marks the end of the original '99 anime series.

Apparently the cool thing to do now is shit on the 2011 anime and say the 1999 one is superior.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Apparently the cool thing to do now is shit on the 2011 anime and say the 1999 one is superior.

I do like how the 99 anime handled certain things. The tone was a lot more somber and the mood a bit darker from the very start. Even Mito's reaction to Ging was a lot more negative in its depiction in the 99 version which felt a lot more weighty and added some real gravitas to things from the start.

Crocodile

Wait so are the Zoldcyk family in cahoots with the Phantom Troupe?!?!?!?!

Oh just competing hit contracts? I guess that makes more sense.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The more I watch this, the more I can't believe I held off on checking this series, easily the one I look forward to each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom