• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
this episode is a good example of the few episodes I saw as a kid via friends.

"...so uh, are they actually GONNA fight, or just talk about HOW they're gonna fight?"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
well uh

thanks for kind of spoiling the cliffhanger from last week's episode right before the episode airs

This is making me feel nostalgic... in a bad way.

It's reminding me of how slow DBZ was originally and usually Kai is alright since its closer to the manga and doesn't have as much padding as the original anime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So this new Lupin series is for people who have the seen others?
Lupin tends to be pretty stand-alone from what I understand. If you haven't seen the others, you should be fine.

I only really saw Woman Named Fujiko Mine, & that was more about giving a backstory & exploring the character of Fujiko.

My past knowledge of how DBZ was to me as a kid is all over the place. Specifically because I didn't start watching until this current arc and even then it was about half-way done already. And then I remember watching the original Dragonball more than DBZ so I have more nostalgia for that.

The only thing I think is better in the old dub was that Faulconer music. It's a lot scarier when it comes to this scene.

ckohler

No humans ARE apes. "Ape" is the colloquial name given to the superfamily Hominoidea. Humans are "great apes" (rather than "lesser apes") along with Orangutans, Gorillas and Chimpanzees. We are more closely related to Chimpanzees than we are to other great apes.
Gotcha. I'm used to people referring to only chimpanzees as apes. I actually wasn't aware that hominoidia and apes are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom