• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
just once, I wish someone would respond to the age old "YOU'D BE RISKING YOUR LIVES" line with "....oh, crap, maybe you're right, let's not do that & think of something else"

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
just once, I wish someone would respond to the age old "YOU'D BE RISKING YOUR LIVES" line with "....oh, crap, maybe you're right, let's not do that & think of something else"

That is not a very Gon way of thinking

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You are hopping in at a VERY awkward time. We are full swing into an arc.

Hell, we're most of the way through the arc at this point. There isn't a whole lot left. The next arc is pretty short though, so it won't take as long to get going.

Grexeno

UNO is too advanced for Trump.

Something like Tic-Tac-Toe is more his game.
Nah:

wtf-photos-videos-damn-i-lost-again.jpg

Seda

Hunter X Hunter has a lot of incidental dialogue that is.... like .... actually of value and important - not just characters mumbling obvious plot points or whatever. And not just this arc either, it's pretty consistent.

Im not saying this is a good or bad thing, but it's definitely something I've noticed. Like the dialogue:action ratio is just a notch above other battle shonen.

cntr

Banned
yeah HxH is very much not an episodic series and unless the anime changes it, it usually does not reexplain things

you'll need to watch from almost the beginning to appreciate it

cntr

Banned
Hunter X Hunter has a lot of incidental dialogue that is.... like .... actually of value and important - not just characters mumbling obvious plot points or whatever. And not just this arc either, it's pretty consistent.

Im not saying this is a good or bad thing, but it's definitely something I've noticed. Like the dialogue:action ratio is just a notch above other battle shonen.
This is more of a thing in the anime than in the manga, it's really impressive. Alleviates a lot of the exposition and dialogue-heavy nature of the manga.

It's a very good adaptation.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& it HAS to be on a Thursday after 6 p.m. on a full moon while it's raining & we're 50 miles away from any lake or ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom