• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sianos

my BIKE
sad.gif

cntr

Banned
Fucking DeMarco.

SO WAS MOB PSYCHO 100. Put that on the air. Or One Piece...or Black Lagoon...or Space Dandy.

Anything but this.
tbh, given that Toei probably caused One Piece to get pulled and how Tokyo Ghoul was rushed into the block, Toonami probably doesn't think that highly of the series either

Lupin's getting better treatment, and Mob Psycho'll probably get a high placement once it gets started. It got, what, like more then twice the votes Tokyo Ghoul and Lupin did?

Side note, My Hero Academia is up to episode 24 and it only covered 44 chapters.
That's not a good thing.

Korigama

like even if these characters were likable, we wouldn't even have enough time to learn about them with this shit ass pacing.

this is a masterpiece in how not to adapt stuff
Going by what I've read here, apparently Dimension W was the only thing more rushed (very much condensed to hell and back, with even less episodes).

Raxus

HxH 2011 also covers 2-3 chapters per episode if I recall correctly.

Seems to be the univeral pace the best adaptations go at.

cntr

Banned
fucking Hisoka.

whoa subtitles!

I was going to mention season 1's pacing issues but Season 2 is much better paced and covers 2-3 chapters an episode. Still nowhere the INSANE pace Ghoul covers its series.
The episode-level pacing is fine, but Season 2's overall pacing fucks up a lot of things, like e.g., Deku's character arc. That + a lot of the subtle decisions kind of screw a lot of MHA up; the manga is far better overall.

(but I'm pretty sure everybody's already annoyed by me complaining about all that stuff, so I'll refrain)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom