• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.
zlCfzSolh6INEi4_ag

LATER.

heh, Piccolo riding with Norman.
THAT'S FILLER DAMMIT!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks Schadenfreude, I oddly enough even managed to finish the Dump EARLY this night. I dun get it, haha.

Kinda like an extended TV version of "Night Of the Werehog". Save for Sonic with his little siblings (Underground), I've generally enjoyed Sonic animation. I haven't groanded in pain and annoyance yet, and I think this is the first Non-Avatar young animations I've seen in years with part of an episode without a fart or gross out joke. Robotonik Eggman is reminding me of League of Super Evil ATM, heh.

heh, Piccolo riding with Norman.
THAT'S FILLER DAMMIT!

So are nearly all the late-night "I've drawn these a thousand times before!" pictures anyway! ;-)

Odd to see Eggman with this much vocal range and personality.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Im just surprised at how quickly you drew that samurai jack pic considering that was basically the end of the episode.

I'm watching too, but I won't be posting. I'll leave you with a parting thought. Sonic has no visible division between his eyes and his eyelid is just one big connected thing. Sonic is a cyclops.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
This is kinda reminding me of a more action-packed version of the Looney Toons Show. It's kinda slice-of-life, but in a way that's actually pretty smart for a kid's show. I actually think this is the perfect kind of show for modern Cartoon Network.

Im just surprised at how quickly you drew that samurai jack pic considering that was basically the end of the episode.

I wish I was that fast! I have my ways, lol.
Computer Provided references make things so much easier!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd be checking out Sonic Boom......IF DISH HAD CARTOON NETWORK.

*sigh* Since I've actually got the house to myself and it isn't filled with noise, I'll watch Gurren Lagann & Hellsing Ultimate (while slightly following reactions). It's not gonna be as fun while watching it with a group, though....

daveo42

Banned
Completely missed the block last night, which mainly sucks for reactions to One Piece and the first episode of Kai. Time to watch Hellsing VIII as that's the only thing I haven't seen on the block that I really care about.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gurren Lagann 12:

- Uh, Yoko....you're kind of a hypocrite if you're critiquing the swimsuits when what you're wearing basically IS a swimsuit, especially since some of the black sisters' suits actually cover MORE. Hell, I love how the show even calls her out on that when she changes.

- *sigh* This beach episode should be a sight for sore eyes, but damn do I wish I could've seen this last night when I needed it more.... Oh well, least I still got a good laugh.

- Hahahaha those ship "modifications". Also Steven Blum continues to show he had so much fun playing Leeron.

- sharks with freakin' lasers dolphins with freakin' rockets

- Oh right, that weird crotch joke....I...guess I get it now....because....it hit the bottom of the ship?

- Deus Ex Grandpia. Also that 2nd half was awesome.

- Noooo, the long hair is gone.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone.
Great work as usual SAB

Hm, Sonic Boom premiered? Neat...

Attack on Titan
Oh that's right, it's in reruns now. I can skip it!

Dragon Ball Z Kai
It was nice of the show to provide a recap of the first third of the series (which I still think is better than DBZ). It eases some confusion people could have starting from the Saiyan Saga (which is what kids did in the 1997)
This covers the first two episodes of regular DBZ. Shows what kind of pacing we're in for really.

Shippuden
While Kai maybe an exercise in good pacing, Shippuden continues to be a slooooooog.
I mean, some stuff kind of sort of happened. Sakura healed Naruto, and Sai infiltrated Orichamaru's ranks.
Is this that NaruSaku stuff fans were salty over? It's barely there.

One Piece
One of the top moments in One Piece overall, and for good reason. An emotional scene that hits every note correctly. Stephanie Young should get an award for her performance.
Sadly, we're going to get cock-blocked by 5 episodes of recap, which will be told over 9 weeks thanks to the Movie Month. At least they have the little Straw Hat Theater shorts at the end of them.

Gurren Lagann
Something tells me Nia is capable of more than she lets on.
At least they took care of another one of the generals. Two more to go!

Hellsing Ultimate
Shock of shocks, Alucard is really Count Dracula. Really, there's very few vampire fiction where Alucard is someone else (usually Dracula's son).
And as you can see, he's essentially unstoppable with all those people he's consumed.
We also got a rare moment of Alucard showing sadness. He knows the consequences of being a monster, and he doesn't want to see Anderson fall to that same fate. He knows he can really only be defeated by a human (Abraham Van Helsing). It's a surprising scene that even the usually hammy Freeman pulls off well.

Also, the Nail that Anderson used? Said to be one of the nails that crucified Jesus Christ.

At least we only have to wait three weeks for the next episode. That's one hell of a cliffhanger.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*checks schedule*

"JUMP TOWARDS THE FALLS! LUFFY'S FEELINGS!"

Craappp, we are getting the recap episodes after all.

*sees Straw Hat Theater #3* Hahahahahaha, oh man, I can't wait to see that one.

todd360

I didn't read this thread last night. Did everyone finally realize that one piece is best piece and deserves to be on at the 11:30 spot? Or atleast the 12:00 spot.

Raxus

Straw hat theater will be a small solace in more letter boxed episodes? Bright side? New people get to caught up on One Piece backstories. Downside? We recap Robin's backstory AGAIN on the 5th episode -_-

I didn't read this thread last night. Did everyone finally realize that one piece is best piece and deserves to be on at the 11:30 spot? Or atleast the 12:00 spot.

Episode was well received but if anything gets the 11:30-12:00 slot it will be Dragonball Z. Plus I don't mind premieres going at the 11:30 slot like AoT and Space Dandy. Shippuden on the other hand. Not going to lie I almost slept through One Piece because Shippuden lulls me to sleep every...damn...time.

daveo42

Banned
Shippuden should air at the end of the block so everyone can get some rest.
It's supposed to actually not be so boring soon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, can't watch Hellsing at the moment because my dad & his gf dropped off not one, but FIVE teenagers I gotta watch over. Guess I'll have to wait & see if I can do it later today.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Watch it with them home anyway.
Wish I could, but with all the damn noise plus the fact they love to waltz right into my room to ask me something (thank goodness everyone is loud enough for me to hear their footsteps before they enter), I'd rather wait until I can see it while it's quiet & I don't risk being interrupted.

Plus I might go into town soon to do some quick shopping since my dad's back.

Fuck ios8 crashing and shit was about to submit a pretty long post on my thoughts on last nignt and the web browser crashed *flips table*

I'd be checking out Sonic Boom......IF DISH HAD CARTOON NETWORK.

*sigh* Since I've actually got the house to myself and it isn't filled with noise, I'll watch Gurren Lagann & Hellsing Ultimate (while slightly following reactions). It's not gonna be as fun while watching it with a group, though....
You do know that Cartoon Network also has a live stream, right?

Great sketchs this week SAB. You were quick on the Samurai Jack one LOL.

I dunno I want to actually see if ADS actually changes the speed of the game or if its just a cosmetic change and the gameplay is still the same something you can't tell from that clip at all. I also really don't have a problem with it either way as I prefer Halo as a big 8 v 8 unbalanced vehicle shooter and not as a 4 v 4 arena shooter.

Grexeno

I dunno I want to actually see if ADS actually changes the speed of the game or if its just a cosmetic change and the gameplay is still the same something you can't tell from that clip at all. I also really don't have a problem with it either way as I prefer Halo as a big 8 v 8 unbalanced vehicle shooter and not as a 4 v 4 arena shooter.
Well you can stop having your wrong opinion then can't you?

Well you can stop having your wrong opinion then can't you?

I had more fun with Halo 1 on PC on stupdily big maps like Death Island then I ever did in Halo 2 or 3 that's what Halo has always been to me and Halo 4 was still very fun in that style with the various powers and new vehicles like the Mantis.

Besides if the ADS is purely cosmetic and doesn't actually change the gameplay then its really no different then any other Halo game as even the original had the pistol with it's zoom that everyone uses. If your character slows to a crawl when using ADS and it completely eliminates the ability to jump and shoot then I'll be frustrated, but thats impossible to tell from that clip so instead of knee jerk "ITS RUINED FOREVER" I'm taking a wait and see approach. I loved spring in Halo 4 as for the big vehicle matches I prefer to play on it eliminates the down time after you die of having to hike back to where the battle is.

Soulflarz

Banned
I had more fun with Halo 1 on PC on stupdily big maps like Death Island then I ever did in Halo 2 or 3 that's what Halo has always been to me and Halo 4 was still very fun in that style with the various powers and new vehicles like the Mantis.

Besides if the ADS is purely cosmetic and doesn't actually change the gameplay then its really no different then any other Halo game as even the original had the pistol with it's zoom that everyone uses. If your character slows to a crawl when using ADS and it completely eliminates the ability to jump and shoot then I'll be frustrated, but thats impossible to tell from that clip so instead of knee jerk "ITS RUINED FOREVER" I'm taking a wait and see approach. I loved spring in Halo 4 as for the big vehicle matches I prefer to play on it eliminates the down time after you die of having to hike back to where the battle is.

But Bass
ITS RUINED FOREVER

Random. I havent played MH3U in months. We should all play that.

daveo42

Banned

That is what ADS does though and it's pretty apparent that it will slow down gameplay and remove options in movement because sprint is included as well. It's a very short clip, but it is highly telling in how the franchise is trying to cater more to a mainstream audience that plays CoD instead of their core, alienating them in the process.

Soulflarz

Banned
That is what ADS does though and it's pretty apparent that it will slow down gameplay and remove options in movement because sprint is included as well. It's a very short clip, but it is highly telling in how the franchise is trying to cater more to a mainstream audience that plays CoD instead of their core, alienating them in the process.

Pretty much how I took it. I enjoy my halo having...welll...yeah, faster movement w/out ADS

Moaradin

ADS in Halo is not Halo. I thought 343 would get it after MCC, but I guess not. Hopefully they take the criticism to heart during beta.

Soulflarz

Banned
ADS in Halo is not Halo. I thought 343 would get it after MCC, but I guess not. Hopefully they take the criticism to heart during beta.

Sadly this ALSO scares me. Complete redesign can be the cause of huge issues.
I guess im more irritated they did this to start.

You kids theses days and your vidya games and your first person shooting and your Italian plumbers and your Call of Doo-doos and your sexy witches and your Reggie Fils-Aimes......

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You kids theses days and your vidya games and your first person shooting and your Italian plumbers and your Call of Doo-doos and your sexy witches and your Reggie Fils-Aimes......
....& your blu-ray discs and your eight-tracks and your card games and your loud music and your hula-hoops and your leather pants and your marvel comics and your youtube dot com....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom