• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue with ADS is that Halo was one of the few games left that didn't rely on it and offered a unique experience. Now it looks like every other fps.

I ain't mad at sprint tho

I'm PRETTY sure you have to sign in via your satellite/cable provider, like with the Adult Swim stream....which you can't do with Dish cuz of the whole Turner ordeal.
Aren't you watching via another cable account anyways?

Sorry for being condescending about it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Aren't you watching via another cable account anyways?

Sorry for being condescending about it.
Ah, right. I'll have to check CN's site & see, then. Think I'm just still a bit miffed about last night & Adult Swim's stream cutting out at GL & Hellsing, so I didn't want to deal with CN's streaming, but now that I've calmed down, I'll give it a shot.

Ah, right. I'll have to check CN's site & see, then. Think I'm just still a bit miffed about last night & Adult Swim's stream cutting out at GL & Hellsing, so I didn't want to deal with CN's streaming, but now that I've calmed down, I'll give it a shot.
Yeah, the new episode from yesterday should be available now.

Gurren Lagann works, but I can't get Hellsing to work on AS Gold.

Thought I'd point out that the description for Hellsing 8 starts with "The harrowing conclusion"

Advanced Warfare for $32.75? Yess (thats after tax)

I don't even need to buy Advanced Warfare when I can get the exact experience from Halo 5 next year
Y8reiVX.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Akame Ga Kill is getting an anime original filler ending >_<

Why why why?! It doesn't even make sense how they're changing it they had plenty of content to finish out this story arc without needing to rush things.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why why why?! It doesn't even make sense how they're changing it they had plenty of content to finish out this story arc without needing to rush things.

Why do they still do this?
All it does is piss fans off.

Grexeno

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

How are these still things.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You can argue either way about FMA versus the manga ending but Trigun's animated ending is leaps and bounds over what the manga had. It's just a plain better series.

Wait, what?

Basically the newest episode of the anime just went off the rails and adapted the canon fight between Mine and Seryuu, but then also completely changed up everything related to the *anime spoilers*
assassination of Bolick, including not having Tatsumi or Mine there, having Bollick run away to be killed by Lubba when Akame killed him in the manga, skipping like 90% of the fights, seemingly forgetting that Run was a character and having him not show up at all when he played a major role at this point in the manga, and then randomly having Syura show up for no reason next week when he didn't reappear until well after this battle

Moaradin

Akame is actually starting to wear itself thin for me, so I don't mind if it ends after 25 or so episodes. Whether or not I believe they can make a GOOD original ending is another story.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Akame ga Kill la Kill?

Oh yeah, so far, how much of the Parasyte anime is taken from the manga? Only difference I've noticed is that (I think) the main character looks different compared to the manga.

Moaradin

Akame ga Kill la Kill?

Oh yeah, so far, how much of the Parasyte anime is taken from the manga? Only difference I've noticed is that (I think) the main character looks different compared to the manga.

That seems to be a very accurate adaption so far. It's Madhouse, so I don't expect them to change anything major.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah, okay. I feel content with just watching the anime based on a manga if nothing's really changed due to time & stuff.

ckohler

With AoT in reruns, that means one less show for me to review this week. Next week, I'll be add Final Act to the weekly reviews.

DBZ: Kai - I'm not sure why but I thought it would look cleaner. It's not bad, mind you, it just looks so old. I supposed most of the HD clean up was to the colors and some clarity but the actual lines of animation are still far more "scribbly" and lower detail than I was expecting. The Opening and Ending were meh. Having these JPOP songs dubbed into English makes me cringe. On the plus side, the episode itself was entertaining and I really appreciated the recap. Also, the pacing seems quick as we're already at the first fight out of the gate. Overall, it was pretty good. Not great but I'm interested to watch more.

Naruto: Shippuden - The show is bad and it should feel bad. My patience with waiting for this series to get good is stretched so thin now. I know you guys say this show eventually gets good but I have a feeling it’ll be like a year or more before that happens. So little happened of significance I can’t even remember aside from more Sakura crying and them lying to Naruto about turning into a monster FOR NO GOOD REASON WHAT-SO-EVER! At this point, my only hope is that airing this show brings in viewers because it’s a very rare thing when there is any actual entertainment to be had.

One Piece - The backstory of kid Robin was emotional but not nearly half as emotional as that final scene. Watching Luffy calmly ask Sniper King to shoot that flag and the realization that they are going to war with the World Government is pretty epic. The power of friendship! Looks like Robin is finally willing to accept help and be hopeful. You guys say we've got a bunch of weeks of recaps coming. I'm actually somewhat looking forward to this as someone who's not seen much One Piece. Unless the recaps are all just Water 7 / Ennies Lobby in which case... bleh. Great episode!

Gurren Lagann - I love the animation in this episode. It's really sharp and the character stuff is just great. For such a silly episode (at the beginning) you can tell they put a lot of effort into the look, shot composition and overall details. All the little humorous things like having Squidward appear in the background, Leeron getting "poked" by the drill, and the "propulsion system" on Dai-Gurren being a row and flippers ("row row, fight the powa!). I find the resolution to Yoko's not trusting Nia to be satisfying enough, if a bit cheesy. Lastly, short hair > long hair Nia. Yeah, I said it. I just think she looks cuter.

Hellsing Ultimate - Phenominal episode. Best of the night. It had pretty much everything and everyone in it. I don't know why Walter suddenly went bad guy, so that sucks. Unless he's a double agent? Dracula, I mean, Alucard is insane powerful and it was actually sweet to see him gently pat the now crazy powerful Police Girl on the head. Also, I loved how he actually admires humans (rather than thinking them weak) and wants to be beaten only by a human. So much that he's downright pisses when Anderson turns into a monster in order to defeat him. That episode ends with the incredibly OP Alucard apparently beaten. I'll hold out from watching the last two episodes until they air in December. Great stuff.

Akame ga Kill la Kill?

Some of the events are rearranged to better fit the anime, but as a whole it's extremely faithful outside of how it modernizes things like people reading tablets instead of newspapers.

Naruto: Shippuden - The show is bad and it should feel bad. My patience with waiting for this series to get good is stretched so thin now. I know you guys say this show eventually gets good but I have a feeling it’ll be like a year or more before that happens. So little happened of significance I can’t even remember aside from more Sakura crying and them lying to Naruto about turning into a monster FOR NO GOOD REASON WHAT-SO-EVER! At this point, my only hope is that airing this show brings in viewers because it’s a very rare thing when there is any actual entertainment to be had.

It will be a year or so. Next arc is some filler bullshit, though I guess it does have a little bit of Asuma.

One Piece - The backstory of kid Robin was emotional but not nearly half as emotional as that final scene. Watching Luffy calmly ask Sniper King to shoot that flag and the realization that they are going to war with the World Government is pretty epic. The power of friendship! Looks like Robin is finally willing to accept help and be hopeful. You guys say we've got a bunch of weeks of recaps coming. I'm actually somewhat looking forward to this as someone who's not seen much One Piece. Unless the recaps are all just Water 7 / Ennies Lobby in which case... bleh. Great episode!

It's funny whenever someone in arcs after this makes a big deal out of things and starts yelling at the Straw Hats how whatever they're doing IS AN ACT OF WAR AGAINST THE WORLD GOVERNMENT!!!! when they already burned the flag and demolished half of Enies Lobby.

Why do they still do this?
All it does is piss fans off.

How are these still things.

I honestly don't know, it'd be one thing if the manga had very little to adapt ala Blue Exorcist but there was plenty of content to fill out a 25 episode anime series with good pacing and not even get close to catching up with the manga. I've heard arguments that having an anime original ending is better then a pause as it gives some kind of closure for anime only viewers... but I think that's bogus, having a stop that leaves yourself open for additional anime adaptation or a "go read the manga if you want to see what happens next" is still the better way to go ALA Fairy Tail, Bleach, or Berserk. You can either just continue the series from where you stopped (Fairy Tail, probably Bleach in a year or two) or just leave it as is and let people dive from the anime into the manga (Berserk).

You can argue either way about FMA versus the manga ending but Trigun's animated ending is leaps and bounds over what the manga had. It's just a plain better series.

I think part of the reason for that is because the anime team had access to the authors notes when he thought he wasn't going to be able to finish the manga with the magazine it was in being canceled. When he was able to bring it back the anime had already finished so he was left with either straight adapt the anime or do something different which is what he did. Probably the better choice to make the manga feel relevant even if it's not as good.

Akame is actually starting to wear itself thin for me, so I don't mind if it ends after 25 or so episodes. Whether or not I believe they can make a GOOD original ending is another story.

Well what the series was building towards with the past 4 episodes has been completely skipped/changed which isn't going to help that feeling any :/ Maybe they ran out of budget and decided it'd be easier to skip to more character drama instead of depicting the first major all out battle in the series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
But aren't Kamehamehas rather short, like 5 seconds long, then are gone? I'd rather live much longer. Not to mention it might not always hit or have an effect on the enemy. What kind of life would that be?

Soulflarz

Banned
But aren't Kamehamehas rather short, like 5 seconds long, then are gone? I'd rather live much longer. Not to mention it might not always hit or have an effect on the enemy. What kind of life would that be?

I think it means go out with a bang :p

Idk

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A bang that might not damage the enemy or possibly miss and destroy the surrounding area, possibly harming civilians?

at the risk of starting up the debate again, i will say that the anime community (and by that i don't mean AnimeGAF, but people who watch it and post about it on the Internet in general) has torn shows to shreds that have lesser plot issues than FMA03 does

Jarate

Banned
It's funny how Halo has transformed into the most hated FPS franchise to the darling that everyone loves. I cant wait for the same transformation of Call of Duty and whatever else will be the flavor of the generation FPS game and see what peoples reactions to those series will be

ive been on gaming forums for far too long

Grexeno

Still, you have to remember it was originally supposed to be a dlc, then they basically upcharged us 3x the price for firefight being added.
Eh, I'm not too concerned about the price. Like I said, the campaign was really good, and not exactly shorter than the average current campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom