• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Adult Swim try to past off weeks/months? old Family Guy episodes as new? I guess because it's the first time they aired on AS's network, but they're not new for broadcast television, unless they're censored on Fox and not on AS which would be weird.

Well, I always feel bad because Jack can never catch a break, but what did he expect was gonna happen when he went into a city that was wrecked to pieces?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 4 - Night of the Closing Ceremony: Humanity's Comeback, Part 2
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 4 - Run in the Afterlife, Goku! The One Million Mile Snake Way
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 47 - Infiltration: The Den of the Snake!
1:00 - One Piece - 281 - A Bond of Friendship Woven by Tears! Nami's World Map!
1:25 - Straw Hat Theater - 3 - Obahan Time
1:30 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 15 - I Will Head Towards Tomorrow
2:00 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 3 - Meido Zangetsuha
2:30 - Bleach - 284 - Chain of Sacrifice, Halibel's Past
3:00 - Space Dandy - 8 - The Lonely Pooch Planet, Baby
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 17 - Mushroom Samba
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 39 - Daydream
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 9 - AMBIVALENCE
5:00 - Big O - 22 - Hydra
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 42 - Samurai vs. Samurai

Later.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSrbrm0FBqxNfD

LATER.

Sticks is [almost] literally the Dale Gribble of this show, only more likable and her paranoia is sometimes backed up by Eggman's latest scheme.

Also, nice one SAB!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks you few still-awake people :) Guess which pic I spent too much time on? XD Had to honor Kagura as properly as time would allow.

Sonic boom huh? Is the show better than the game?

Haven't played game, but I find the show pretty decent personally. Reminds me of the Looney Toons newest show, which seemed grounded enough to be enjoyable by a wide audience.

Sticks is [almost] literally the Dale Gribble of this show, only more likable and her paranoia is sometimes backed up by Eggman's latest scheme.

Also, nice one SAB!

Also reminds me of Question in Justice League Unlimited. Unhinged and Paranoid, but not without reason.

Though now you make me wonder if she'll ever get her own "Rusty Shackleford" covername, if this show survives long enough...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone.
Excellent work SAB.

DBZ Kai:
Our hero is dead, but he'll be okay since they'll just gather the Dragon Balls
You know, I feel Raditz could have used more screentime after his death. After all, he is Goku's brother.

Naruto Ship- I don't even care anymore. Maybe something will happen next week? I don't know...

One Piece
I forgot that the recap episodes didn't cover their backstories, just how they joined the crew.
Words fail me.

Gurren Lagann
Do the impossible, see the invisible. ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

Inuyasha The Final Act
It's been years since I watched Inuyasha so I don't even remember Sesshomaru's original voice enough to be "annoyed" by his new one.
Does feel weird that Kagura was around for most of the original series, then gets killed off in the 2nd episode here.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I must say, after seeing that the last episode of DBZ Kai (ep. 3) ended at the same place where the original series would be at with episode 5, it really pleases me knowing that we've already cut about 1/2 the content out and moving along faster, which makes the pacing feel so much better.

I must say, after seeing that the last episode of DBZ Kai (ep. 3) ended at the same place where the original series would be at with episode 5, it really pleases me knowing that we've already cut about 1/2 the content out and moving along faster, which makes the pacing feel so much better.

You think thats crazy, in the original dbz anime the training arc to prepare for vegeta and nappa to arrive was 16 episodes, in kai its 4

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DAMN, that's insane. Seriously glad they decided to do Kai, because I feel like I can get into this series better with a ton of the filler cut out.

Seda

Sesshomaru's new voice isn't bad in a vacuum, but it's so different from his original one. Also, it seems a bit more emotive than before, which while an odd criticism in most cases, feels a little weird here.

Thoughts on what I saw last night

DBZ Kai: Crazy how fast and fun a battle of DBZ Kai is when they can fit the entire fight into one episode. There are some odd cuts like when they're talking and without warning they're running at him to attack, but its a minor complaint. A bigger problem is the redrawn frames and rather lack luster score both of which pull me out of the experience.

Naruto Shippuden: DO SOMETHING

One Piece Theater: That was pretty cute/funny, don't think I've ever seen these outside of the chopperman episode/s

Gurren Lagann: Not much to say other then ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER episode was fantastic. Can't wait for next week the apparent finale of part 1 should be really hype.

InuYasha Final Act: So we dropped down from Ludicrous Speed to Very Fast Speed which compared to last week let some scenes breath a bit better but left others (like Kagura's death and Sango/Kohaku convo after he was possessed) feeling rushed with their emotional impact somewhat lost. Kind of wish they had scrapped or shorten Koga's battle and let Sesshomaru get a bigger fight though I guess the less we hear of Sesshomaru's new voice the better. Its not a bad voice for Sesshomaru, its just not even close to the original which for a series which tries so hard to act like a continuation that never stopped is a big problem.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brothehood: The scene with Ed and Winry in the cell when she realizes she's been brought here as a hostage is probably one of my favorites in the whole series. The writing is sharp, the acting is great, and the visual body language of Ed, Al, and Winry really elevates this scene. I do like how despite the fact both Winry and Hawkeye are hostages to get Ed/Al and Roy to do what the homonculus want, they're not just damasels in distress they're still doing their same role and even getting more involved with moving things forward.

GitS 2nd Gig: Another really good episode, I'm very happy this season every episode feels like it impacts the overall story. The first season laughing man episodes were amazing, but they were spread out over the show and sometimes lost their impact becuase of all the Stand Alones inbetween. Here even the "stand alone" episodes have minor/major connections to the main overall plot. I also really liked the idea of cyborgs not needing real food but longing for the taste of it. Wish the series would delve more into ideas like that.

Samurai Jack: Ill be honest I think I fell asleep in the last 5-10 minutes as I have no idea what happened at the end of the episode, at least the action was good of what I saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom