• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The most anticipated show will be airing this month!

tumblr_mkz1vkKmxU1rmc523o1_500.gif

Guys do you realize what this means, inuyashagaf is back, and its early enough that even hehat can join the ranks of inuyashagaf, we just need andrex back for it to be perfect.

Soulflarz

Banned
The fact episode 9 and 10 aren't actually part of the deal because they only just released on BR/DVD so we'll have to wait till some unknown time in 2015 to actually see the finale on Toonami.
Ohh the fact we dont get 9/10 makes him not wana watch it. I thought he meant something else like strongly not liking an aspect.

Berserk movies would be perfect on Toonami if there wasn't constant nudity. But the manga really needs a proper adaptation, as it is one of the best of all time. The movies were decent, but the CGI mostly sucked.

Berserk movies would be perfect on Toonami if there wasn't constant nudity. But the manga really needs a proper adaptation, as it is one of the best of all time. The movies were decent, but the CGI mostly sucked.

They can air the first two movies with mild censoring and scene cuts.

But the third movie can't be aired on cable, period.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what's Laughing Under the Clouds about.

I don't want to google anything I'm unfamiliar with
*checks Wiki* "...supernatural shōjo manga series..."

Aaannnddd I lost interest. But the actual story.

"In 1878, the Meiji Restoration occurred. Because of this, the country faced many criminals, such as samurai's rebelling against their fallen positions. Many were arrested, but they soon broke out of their jail cells and rampaged across Japan. Therefore, the government did their best to prevent this by building a giant prison in the middle of Lake Biwa. However, to get these criminals to the prison, they needed a form of transport. In this way, the Kumō brothers were given the responsibility to take these criminals to their final resting place."

Also WTF stop loading to a page that says I need to update Java, Gaf.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Speaking of Hellsing, I finally finished reading Stoker's Dracula.

Alucard is super super OP compared to Drac

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Imagine how OP the original Van Hellsing is in the world of Hellsing Ultimate if he managed to beat Alucard

Hirano knew that whatever Van Helsing did to beat him, it would never be as good as what the fans came up with. Hence why it's a mystery.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Still catching up on One Piece. They're in the Grand Line now.

Just picked up some princess with a duck.

Also, hello there Robin. Nice cowgirl outfit.

Levyne

Banned
*checks Wiki* "...supernatural shōjo manga series..."

Aaannnddd I lost interest. But the actual story.

"In 1878, the Meiji Restoration occurred. Because of this, the country faced many criminals, such as samurai's rebelling against their fallen positions. Many were arrested, but they soon broke out of their jail cells and rampaged across Japan. Therefore, the government did their best to prevent this by building a giant prison in the middle of Lake Biwa. However, to get these criminals to the prison, they needed a form of transport. In this way, the Kumō brothers were given the responsibility to take these criminals to their final resting place."

Also WTF stop loading to a page that says I need to update Java, Gaf.

Sounds kind of boring. I asked because FUNimation tweeted something about showing off the dub at some point later.

Tenumi

Banned
September 8, 2006. That's the date I can find for when the first episode of Bleach aired in English.

November 2, 2014. That is the date that the last episode of Bleach airs on Toonami.

I was 16 when I first started watching it. I'm 24 now. And I am glad that this journey is finally over.

BatDan

Yeah, it wasn't that bad. Nothing as horrible as that Franky v Nero fight.

The Franky and Nero fight was fake, a parody done in their style.
For authentic bad, look up Luffy and Crocodile's first fight. "It's like a big toiilet!" "Then I guess you're desert doo doo!"

BatDan

For the record, the 4Kids run only covered the first 143 episodes. Though there were 104 episodes total thanks to massive cutting and editing.

daveo42

Banned
The Franky and Nero fight was fake, a parody done in their style.
For authentic bad, look up Luffy and Crocodile's first fight. "It's like a big toiilet!" "Then I guess you're desert doo doo!"

The worst thing was the lack of the proper music too. The dialogue is okay in the proper dub, but the music is what makes that scene sing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzeWIRRVyKo

For the record, the 4Kids run only covered the first 143 episodes. Though there were 104 episodes total thanks to massive cutting and editing.

I find it hilarious that the last episodes 4kids dubbed were filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom