• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I really need to sleep.

Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 1 - To You, After 2,000 Years: The Fall of Shiganshina, Part 1
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 1 - Prologue to Battle! The Return of Goku!
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 44 - The Secret of the Battle!
1:00 - One Piece - 278 - Say You Want to Live! We Are Your Friends!!
1:30 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 12 - Yoko, Will You Do Me a Favor?
2:00 - Hellsing Ultimate - 8 - Hellsing VIII
3:00 - Space Dandy - 5 - A Merry Companion Is a Wagon in Space, Baby
3:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 14 - Bohemian Rhapsody
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 36 - Family Portrait
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 6 - EXCAVATION
5:00 - Big O - 19 - Eyewitness
5:30 - Samurai Jack - 39 - Jack and the Labyrinth

Later.

Toonami will air Hellsing IX and X the week after VIII, right? I never got a chance to read those two final volumes, and I'm hoping the recent blu ray release won't affect it.

Seda

My memory is foggy on the events at the start of the series, but, this super space katana should have been able to offer a more permanent solution here.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzSm9ImAaUXdiet

LATER

My alarm woke after my two hour nap, I proceeded to throw said alarm across the room and go back to bed :X guess I'll catch up later on fma:b; gits, and jack

wsippel

Banned
Hellsing is the most fucked up anime ever
I'm a bit late, but not quite. Go watch Genocyber - if you can get over how ugly and 90s it is. It's at least as violent, but dead serious and utterly nihilistic. It's also one of the rare cases where critics don't know if it's just exploitative garbage or a dystopian cyberpunk masterpiece.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. That feeling when you think it's almost 9, but it's really before 8.
Amazing work SAB

Attack on Titan
Man, they messed up the Titans in the Wall reveal. Originally, there were witnesses to the wall crumbling, giving the reveal more weight to it.
See you in Season 2!

Bleach
It's over! And what a dumb arc to end off on. It really accomplished nothing...
Will a new anime ever surface? Likely, depends on when the manga ends and if the series is still popular.

Shippuden
Something kind of happened I think? Who knows, Sakura shows how useless she is throughout.

One Piece
Clover dropped one hell of a plot bomb with the Void Century and World Government. The Buster Call has begun, and nothing will be left... god damn the feels.

Gurren Lagann
And Simon has returned! As his own man! With his own phallic drill! Now this is how you do hype.

Hellsing Ultimate
... Seras had a fucked up backstory, and that was censored! I think it's safe to say that if 99% of Hellsing Ultimate can be shown, ANYTHING that can qualify for Toonami can be shown.
And there goes Pip... at least his mortal form. He lives on as Seras' familiar.

Sounds like I didn't miss anything by skipping Cooler's Revenge.
Either way, DBZ next week!

Bleach
It's over! And what a dumb arc to end off on. It really accomplished nothing...
Will a new anime ever surface? Likely, depends on when the manga ends and if the series is still popular.

New manga volumes of Bleach still outsells Fairy Tail on average in Japan which got a second season to finish it's story. I think that combined with the fact Studio Peirrot is only going to have Shippuden probably for another year makes me feel like next year will be the announcement of Bleach's anime return. They already have over 100 chapters to adapt which gives them at least 26-52 episodes they can adapt with good pacing, by the time Shippuden ends they'll probably have another 50+ chapters to work with and an ending in sight.

daveo42

Banned
New manga volumes of Bleach still outsells Fairy Tail on average in Japan which got a second season to finish it's story. I think that combined with the fact Studio Peirrot is only going to have Shippuden probably for another year makes me feel like next year will be the announcement of Bleach's anime return. They already have over 100 chapters to adapt which gives them at least 26-52 episodes they can adapt with good pacing, by the time Shippuden ends they'll probably have another 50+ chapters to work with and an ending in sight.

They might be better off just waiting for a harder date on an ending proper from Kubo (if he even knows how many more chapters are left in the series) before starting an anime back up. At the pace the manga is currently going, good pacing could still blow through those 100 or so chapters really fast.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Don't forget Tokyo Ghoul (which is doing fairly well).
Still, I agree with daveo, there should be a much more solid ending period for Bleach since they can blow through all those chapters pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom