• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Actually, would they even have the rights to make any games based on Toonami shows? Hell, the only one that might come to mind would be Space Dandy, & Namco already did one in the style of Galaga (hence that little jingle cameo in the band episode).

Actually, would they even have the rights to make any games based on Toonami shows? Hell, the only one that might come to mind would be Space Dandy, & Namco already did one in the style of Galaga (hence that little jingle cameo in the band episode).

We should get a sequel to that InuYasha battle game

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, there was an Inuyasha game for the DS? & it actually came to the US?

Otherwise, that 2007 game was the last one (& only 4 of them were made). The only other game he appeared in lately was that PSP crossover fighter with Weekly Shonen Sunday & Weekly Shonen Magazine by Konami.

All I know is, it had Mechazawa from Cromartie High School, Inuyasha, & characters from Fairy Tale, Negima, Strongest Disciple Kenichi, Hayate The Combat Butler, Air Gear, & those two Kekkaishi kids, among more.

An IGPX racing game could be legit amazballs.
There was one for the PS2, though no idea how it turned out.

There's no real might about it.

Soon iOS/Android will beat it
Y8reiVX.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Might? Pretty sure nothing has a chance of beating it unless everyone and their grandma starts putting out 3DS games like there's no tomorrow.

They'll be back when the mobile bubble bursts.
Everyone thinks they'll have the next Clash of Clans, but they won't.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They'll be back when the mobile bubble bursts.
Everyone thinks they'll have the next Clash of Clans, but they won't.

Yep, even the mobile guys know that they're just riding a bubble. There was a conference of mobile devs in NYC a few months back that I covered and all of them knew they were just riding a bubble. None of them expect this to last.

Seda

Favorite DS games

SMT: Strange Journey
The World Ends With You (although I don't love it as much as Soulflarz does)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift
Chrono Trigger is a great port

I have Radiant Historia on the backlog.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yep, even the mobile guys know that they're just riding a bubble. There was a conference of mobile devs in NYC a few months back that I covered and all of them knew they were just riding a bubble. None of them expect this to last.

At least they're aware of it.
Mobile games will still exist, but we'll get less companies dedicated to making them. Less Roxio's.

GREAT game.

Soulflarz

Banned
Favorite DS games

SMT: Strange Journey
The World Ends With You (although I don't love it as much as Soulflarz does)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift
Chrono Trigger is a great port

The funny thing is, I actually didnt love TWEWY as i played through it. The system didnt click for me at all. It was towards the end that I loved the plot and realized it was something special of sorts :p

And the secret reports helped. And the music is amazing. I love the music so much. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LK01R-sCNg

Edit: 170 in OP. Whoa o_O I'm doing it! IM GONNA BE KING OF THE PIRATES MAKE IT!

bigkrev

My top 5 DS Games (in no order)

Elite Beat Agents
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
The World Ends With You
Picross DS
New Super Mario Brothers

My top 5 PSP Games (in no order)
Lumines: Puzzle Fusion
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Persona 3 Portable
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Wipeout Pulse

And for the record, PSP was better than DS. Nintendo's first party output on the DS was not very strong (3DS kills it in this regard).

Seda

Favorite PSP games (several are ports)

Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Wild Arms: XF
Trails in the Sky
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Star Ocean: Second Evolution

I want to try Disgaea eventually

PSP better than DS wut? This thread is all kinds of bonkers. I feel like I went through some dimensional portal last night during the lost hour.

Regiruler

Never bothered to get a PSP, most likely never will.

Top 5:
Pokemon Black/White
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Pokemon Platinum
Space Invaders Extreme 2
Sonic Rush Adventure

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People who tend to prefer PSP to DS really love Animeish JRPGs. Usually when you see a list war from them the list is filled with those sorts of titles.

That and people who really like Lumines. It's a good system with a fine library but DS is the best handheld library of all time even conceding that its probably Nintendo's weakest first party lineup of the portable systems, not that it's bad by any means. It's third party content is just too strong.

3DS actually murderers it from a first party prospective and proves that yeah, Nintendo could probably carry one portable system all by itself.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At least they're aware of it.
Mobile games will still exist, but we'll get less companies dedicated to making them. Less Roxio's.

Yea, I mean I met some true believers but there were way more guys content to just try to ride the wave. The funniest part was they all realized, the guys who knew it was a wave, how hard it was to get a legit hit but felt like they had to keep trying anyway. A lot of investors and devs look at it like the lotto, which it sort of is. The whole thing was really hilarious, I wish I could have done an article on it.

Top 5 DS games

Elite Beat Agents
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Hotel Dusk
Prof Layton 3
Ghost Trick

Top 5 PSP games

Trails in the Sky (yeah I played it on pc and not psp but its still better then all the other psp gsmes I played)
Final Fantasy Tactics WotL
Kingdom Hearts BbS
Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core
Dissidia Final Fantasy 2

If you say I need something besides Trails as I didn't actually play it on PSP put Tales of Eternia on there

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 51

This series is oftentimes a confusing, indeed downright vexing creature to categorize at times because it doesn't really play by any typical rules. For example, we have this filler arc, and it is a filler arc no matter what anybody is going to say. Yet it is not something that can be quickly cast aside because aside from the amnesia haberdashery there are events here that will reverberate though the rest of the season. This is due to the fact that seemingly at random it was decided that this be the first power up episode. Indeed, it is important to remember that Sailor Moon often drinks from the cup of Sentai tropes and this is a big example. It is time for the new season of power ups, and it should be noted that these are the actual new powers seen in the manga.

Somebody realized that they could add the powers here and give this arc some semblance of substantiability, which is more then can be said for many anime-only arcs actually. My biggest problem is that indeed this power really does feel like it was randomly handed out as the monster of the week didn't come across as any more powerful then anything previously encountered. Really that is one of the biggest problems with this entire arc. The incest twins are a few steps down on the threat level chart then Dark Moon and it has been showing. Indeed, the current powers of the Scouts have actually been more effective here then in the latter stages of season one. This is problem that is only going to get worse. As far as the rest of the episode goes, it was there, a perfectly generic episode in service to the larger plot device. Oh yes, also a new sub-plot of romance begins between the normals. I hope they enjoy it while they can.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 52

Ye gods what a useless episode this was as it is a very painful reminder that the writers of Sailor Moon still had very little idea about what to do and how to present Minako. Indeed in this episode they basically make her Usagi-lite, adopting some of her bad habits and mannerisms but retaining a mostly kind if bland personality. Anyway, most of this episode involves hordes of annoying children and the attempt to convince them that there is a Sailor Moon, which is not that hard of a feat to prove actually. At least Crescent Beam Shower seems like an actual step up in power and not just something to replace the power lost from last season. Anyway, recommendation to avoid this episode and I think I am already forgetting some of what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom