• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
SLICKED BACK HAIR?

WE AIZEN NAO

Removed the glasses, slicked back hair

I'd say Kubo ripped this off, but Shinichi didn't have glasses in the manga.

Fine, I'll just stick to Kubo ripping of Yu Yu Hakusho

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't understand why this dub is such a big improvement from Sentai's usual efforts. That sentai quality shines through every once in a while, but it's actually decent for the most part. Maybe it's because this show has more talented VO? A lot of the characters in this show are voiced by actors who worked with Funimation before.

The cast is generally awesome, basically the VO work is good despite Sentai's best efforts. I feel like it could be top tier if someone decent had directed it instead.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
no seriously, ever since he had to drop the nerd part, shinichi's VA has gotten alot more natural sounding, this is exactly what I thought would happen.
I was thinking the same thing. I had to wait to say anything not to spoil/hint anything. This episode seemed like one that showcased some of the better line reads we can get out of Sentai. Uda & his parasyte in particular were rather good.

Crocodile

Also, as far as I remember Uda
doesn't ever appear in the story again.

That's the last time we see him.

xEjDOTu.gif

This is wrong

He shows up again in the arc with the private detective. I think he shows up another time too but I might be wrong on that part. Either, that's not the last time we see him though he doesn't play THAT big a role in the narrative moving forward.

kewlmyc

Yea, the writing surrounding the females of Parasyte is problematic.

One of my problems with this series. You can tell it was written in the 80s. Other than the parasyte teacher and Shinichi's mom, all the women in this show are terrible.

Seda

I don't understand why this dub is such a big improvement from Sentai's usual efforts. That sentai quality shines through every once in a while, but it's actually decent for the most part. Maybe it's because this show has more talented VO? A lot of the characters in this show are voiced by actors who worked with Funimation before.

I wonder if when Akame Ga Kill was dubbed they just wanted something quick and dirty for a disc release, and knowing that Parasyte was going on TV they put more effort/budget into it.

Also, Parasyte being dubbed after Akame Ga Kill might simply show in experience.

Additionally, a smaller number of prominent characters in Parasyte may mean less chance for poor casting.

That's flimsy speculation but I dunno.

Raxus

Yea, the writing surrounding the females of Parasyte is problematic.

It is one of the things that makes Parasyte show its age. To be fair though female writing in general could use improvement across the board in all forms of entertainment.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if when Akame Ga Kill was dubbed they just wanted something quick and dirty for a disc release, and knowing that Parasyte was going on TV they put more effort/budget into it.

Also, Parasyte being dubbed after Akame Ga Kill might simply show in experience.

Additionally, a smaller number of prominent characters in Parasyte may mean less chance for poor casting.

That's flimsy speculation but I dunno.
Sentai has been messing up dubs for years now and it starts with the too literal scripts.

Top Bottom