• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Line_HTX

Study their movements like a fighting game. Download your opponent.

Hot damn! Found a Trump Card.

Just because you're strong, doesn't mean y'all will survive.

Brutally honest. Mine's getting trolled.

Mine with her hair down and flower accessory looks nice.

I don't like her attitude.

HOT SPRINGS! Lubbock got some nice idea lol.

Lubbock with a scapegoat plan.

You have to hide your aura on your own.

I could sense you.

She said that shit because she cares.

Uh... did you say cut it off? Cut what off?!

No one will ever come close to Tatsumi.

Run is a devious one. He gonna sabotage the best woman.

New Danger Beast commanded by a new psycho.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I choose to believe in Man God.

Because he's my friend, and I know he would never betray me.

My time is coming soon. Non-Canon™ Power Hour including cringe worthy Naruto but with some of his less shitty friends and the single worst Non-Canon™ One Piece arc of more than a few episodes.

Man God is a Patriots fan and a mean person and a supporter of bad non-canon arcs.

I can't sleep, football always got me nervous on Saturday nights.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I never know what team Man God is a fan of.

hI9dy8l.gif

Line_HTX

Man God is a Patriots fan and a mean person and a supporter of bad non-canon arcs.

I can't sleep, football always got me nervous on Saturday nights.

What ya nervous for? I'm just chilling knowing that we're worse than your fraudulent shit.

*Ultra Suplexes LaFarebear

Line_HTX

Jesus, fuck this stupid show and the stupid MC. Also, fuck its use of dubstep in inappropriate scenes. There's only one reasonable thing, and it's Migi.

I can't wait till we get to the part where Shinichi's "character development" starts.

Spoiler Alert

He gets a dumb haircut.

ckohler

Cool sketches SAB, although I don't know why you made the text so awkward to read. I think you try and get too artsy for my tastes sometimes. :)

On to the reviews!

Intruder II - This first installment was a lot longer than I was expecting. I also thought they would be airing shorter snippets of it throughout the night rather than just all up front. The new "Red Alert" bumps are cool looking and make sense. It's like the Absolution is still broadcasting in the background while all this stuff is going on. Rating: Signal received

Dragon Ball Z: Kai - Frieza sure is accommodating to his opponents by waiting around as they prep for each attack. I can understand his hubris being his downfall but not noticing a giant glowing ball right above him for that long is a stretch. Speaking of which, just throw the damn Spirit Bomb early, Goku! Jeez! Even if it only injures Frieza, that would at least bide you time to finish him off! At least Piccolo knows how stupid it is to keep waiting and is finally doing something more than just watching from the sidelines. Rating: Frustratingly Awesome

Akame ga Kill - These new characters are as generic and cliche as the rest of the cast and the attempts at "humor" are so predictable and ham-fisted that they fall flat every time. This show is so bad it's kind of embarrassing. Imagine if this was someone's first introduction to anime. I'm usually one to try and find the good in things but it's hard to see much of any redeeming quality here (except for Leone, who's kinda cool). Rating: CUT IT OFF!

Parasyte - Bullies are bad, m'kay. All kidding aside, this was the best episode of the night. Lots of twists and intriguing stuff going on and, best of all, I didn't see any of it coming. The ending scene with the Mom becoming a parasyte was quite effective. I'm really digging this show. The MC's dub performance is my only complaint. The rest of the cast are just fine. The animation looks sharp and the music was pretty great this week. The overall quality jump from Akame ga Shit to this is just massive. Rating: Penis Malfunction

Michiko & Hatchin - Seeing Michiko's nosebleed was a very "anime" moment in this typically un-anime show. While slow paced, I kinda liked this rather light-hearted episode. Faliciano was kinda fun. The overarching plot is still confusing with all the Hiroshi look-a-likes and aliases but at least they took some time to explain some of it. Hatchin was amazing as always. Rating: Samba Time

Naruto: Shippuden - Keep failing Naruto. I have to wonder: Do fans of this show actually like Naruto as a character? At least he comes through in the end even if it didn't feel all that earned to me. Shikamaru on the other hand is a total badass and someone I can totally get behind. I'd much rather have a REAL ninja like Shika than an over-powered bafoon like Naruto. All that aside, it was still a decent episode. This arc continues to be the only thing in Shippuden I've actually enjoyed. Rating: Rasen-fail

Music Video: "C.U.R.E." - Pretty cool. Nothing spectacular but I liked the song. The animation was decent and the character designs reminded me of Peter Chung's Æon Flux. Rating: Millions and Millions

One Piece - That whole episode was pretty funny and equally awkward at the same time. I can't tell if this is a cultural difference or if One Piece's author just has weird sensibilities when it comes to humor. It also really makes me wonder how 4Kids would have dealt with the whole "ball grab" situation. An okay episode filled mostly with flashbacks and a few funny moments. At least Franky is now fully a Straw Hat. Now Robin, don't go magically grabbing at a guy's junk like that anymore... unless he's into it. ;) Rating: I can't un-see it

KLL la KILL - Tsumugu was such a wasted opportunity. He was an okay character with a cool looking design. They should have made him like Batman who outsmarts his enemies but instead they made him like a version of Batman who's traps are ineffective. Still, I do like the bathroom scene in this episode a lot. Rating: Nom-Nom

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm impressed I made it through the night. I was ready to fall asleep at AgK.

Intruder II Part 1:
Off to a good start. The Absolution is not fucking around this time.
Kind of funny to have a Total Immersion Event with TOM cursing.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Goku tries his last ditch effort, the Spirit Bomb. Too bad Freeza found it fairly quickly.
Thankfully, Piccolo is there to take a beating as Goku finishes it for next week.
Next week... oooooh man. I look forward to seeing the ratings there.

Akame ga Kill:
How much more ANIMU can this get? Any archetypes we're missing?

Parasyte:
I really wish Funimation, Viz, or Aniplex got this show, then Shinichi wouldn't sound completely terrible. The only thing that saves this dub is that AgK is somehow worse.

Michiko & Hatchin:
Hatchin getting shit done, amazing how independent she's gotten in the time she's spent with Michiko. Of course that's due to Michiko being a complete idiot...

Naruto Shippuden:
It's over! Two members of the Akatsuki have been taken out. I really wish Shikamaru was the protagonist instead of Naruto. Maybe it's because I just can't stand Naruto's character archetype, the loud half-pint that somehow wins at everything despite being an idiot.

One Piece:
Franky is finally part of the crew! No more spoiler tags! We're also very close to the end of this, just one more "long-nosed" loose end to tie up.

Naruto: Shippuden - Keep failing Naruto. I have to wonder: Do fans of this show actually like Naruto as a character? At least he comes through in the end even if it didn't feel all that earned to me. Shikamaru on the other hand is a total badass and someone I can totally get behind. I'd much rather have a REAL ninja like Shika than an over-powered bafoon like Naruto. All that aside, it was still a decent episode. This arc continues to be the only thing in Shippuden I've actually enjoyed. Rating: Rasen-fail

Naruto actually does become fairly consistently likable from the next arc that focuses on him on*.
* Not including filler or Sasuke scenes.

Raxus

I really like Naruto as a character too but Kishi really fucks it up in the last half when everything he was building on gets thrown out the window. I have a huge rant about this building up but it is full of spoilers. It is what I constantly worry MHA from turning into but so far the manga has been pretty consistent.

Puruzi

Banned
I liked Naruto a whole lot until something happened later on that COMPLETELY fucked him as a character for me later on, but going into that would be hugely spoilerific.

Series was better pre timeskip

ckohler

I guess I just have a problem with characters who are unrealistically stupid. I sorta have the same issue with Luffy but at least One Piece is more of a comedy so it feels appropriate where as Shippuden is supposed to be a dramatic show that has a main character who is kind of a dumbass.

I liked Naruto a whole lot until something happened later on that COMPLETELY fucked him as a character for me later on, but going into that would be hugely spoilerific.

Series was better pre timeskip

Yeah, pretty much.

They....really run Naruto's character into the ground later on when he becomes
basically becomes Ninja Jesus.

For some reason that knife scene is the pinnacle of ultimate cringe.

"I'm so full of hate, it's driving me crazy."

Line, my friend. You have not even begun to cringe.

Your cringe faculties still might as well lie dormant.

But I recommend warming them up.

Otherwise your cringe muscles might get blown the fuck out with what's coming.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I liked Naruto as a character a lot early on in the story (in Japanese...he's completely unbearable in English). Once he became completely overwhelmed by his pining for Sauke, he started to lose me, though I still generally liked him pretty much all the way through the Part 1 story. Once Shippuden starts, though, he's already a pretty terrible character, and he just keeps getting worse and worse from there on out.

Naruto's character arc also completely undermines many of the supposed major themes of the series, which veers Kishimoto's handling of his character out of simply "bad" territory and into the realm of incompetence.

Seda

After this upcoming slog of a filler arc, we get a stretch of Shippuden episodes that shift focus onto other characters. (Naruto's 'growth' and dynamics with Sasuke are definitely the key reason why this series falls apart. It's messy.)

Parasyte isn't totally devoid of interest, but the blatant human/parasyte comparisons feel largely hamfisted. Like .... Migi, out of all the things he could have been researching, brings up an oddly specific/pointed "self-sacrifice" as a confusing concept. Shortly after, Shinichi decides to intervene in a random scuffle to prove he's still human or something. It's not very nuanced.

So I was taking a walk, and I spotted this

Should I be worried?

Depends. Is there a city near you by the name of Raccoon city?

Also, is everyone in in the plot asexual?

(It's true. Every main character in the Resident Evil universe has no interest in banging for some reason.)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Better stock up on "herbs" then. Block my windows from those damn dogs.

Serious talk though, I just thought it was funny that this car happens to have the Umbrella Corporation logo on it. That guy must be one hell of a Resident Evil fan

bigkrev

There are two characters in Resident Evil who seemed like they actually wanted to get some.

There's Ashley from Resident Evil 4, who wanted Chris to examine her "Ballistics"

And then there's a character people dislike even more, Steve Burnside, who seemed really taken with Claire at times...

....I know too much about Resident Evil and how dumb it is.

The fact that they gave him a new haircut in the PS2 version, and even re-did the CG cutscenes with the new hair is really impressive

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ashley wants Leon
Steve is THIRSTY AS FUCK for Claire, but that game is basically non-canon.
The villain in RE2 wants his daughter. Must be from Umbrella's Alabama branch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I like how the ytma! extension shows me the thumbnail of the video being of Claire's butt....then shows me the title of "Claires nice ass".

Top Bottom