• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |NovDec15| It's Man God's world, we're just posting in it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
UcdcmUp.gif

Moaradin

I still wouldn't take any of those bumps over the actual openings. Shippuden has a lot of really good ones and we'd avoid them getting lazy and showing the same old bump that isn't relevant to what's going on.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To be fair, I'm pretty sure everybody had bumpers the quality of "I'll be the Prince of Sayians once again!" in their mind and not the pure shit we got. Betrayed expectations and all that.

That would have been hype, but no one cuts a promo like Vegeta--except the entire cast of YYH.

Crocodile

I still wouldn't take any of those bumps over the actual openings. Shippuden has a lot of really good ones and we'd avoid them getting lazy and showing the same old bump that isn't relevant to what's going on.

Sure but they would have been chopped to shit. I'm sure the recent (at the time) & poorly truncated openings that shows had around that "vote" time problem influenced people. I'm sure some people expected the promos to be updated. The bottom line is if people knew what tey would have gotten at the end, they probably would have voted differently.

chopped to shit > what we got

Yes but hindsight = 20/20

*sneaks in*

Hey guys, I think I might need to hang out here for a bit.

I said something about Strike Witches in the anime thread, and it got really quiet fast...

bigkrev

Yeah, Viz stuff has been on Hulu forever. Now that they have a commercial free option, Hulu has become my number 1 used streaming service not named WWE Network- it's really good stuff.

Also, this past week, every day I wake up I thank the lord that I don't give 1/100th of a shit about Fallout 4 because fuck some of the stuff on Gaming side with that game

Hunter x Hunter belongs on Toonami where it'll be forced to later in the night, next to One Piece, to the annoyance and anger of everyone here.

Hunter x Hunter belongs on Toonami where it'll be forced to later in the night, next to One Piece, to the annoyance and anger of everyone here.

Maybe in 2-3 years but considering the newest viz thing to air was a 2009 anime dubbed in 2012 that we didn't see on the block until late 2014/early 2015 who knows. I still think if AS is going to jump though hoops for a newer viz dub thats exclusive to hulu to start they'll get the new Sailor Moon probably hoping it'll emulate some of the major success it had in the 90s when it aired with dbz.

Moaradin

HxH has so many powerful performances that it's pretty hard to imagine them doing it justice. Hopefully it's not as lifeless as the Bleach dub at least.

Top Bottom